Padded Cell

Fabio 1Posted: 05 April 2018Last Updated: 08 April 2018
It arrived today,finally.Seems to be very,very nice.The lens is the same of the photo,but I also purchased an original Sony adapter that allows me using my old Minolta A mount lenses.Focusing is a lightning strike.I'm getting back to "nice photos"now with some new pics.Ciao.
JoffPosted: 04 April 2018Last Updated: 07 April 2018
And feel the need to rant on a bit? https://twitter.com/NaimAudio/status/981498771606556672
JudeCRPosted: 06 April 2018Last Updated: 06 April 2018
Hi all. I recently married my wonderful husband 6 months ago and now thinking about buying a house together. I already own a house from inheritance after my mother passed away years ago, and I have been struggling to keep the house going with repairs, bigger payments on services and the lot, so I'm thinking of selling it and putting the money towards buying another house with the husband. However I was wondering how tax works on money from selling a house - is it the same as income from a...
winkyincanadaPosted: 25 March 2018Last Updated: 03 April 2018
http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/43531491 Why are these cheating grubs simply not banned for life by their national association?
Dev BPosted: 29 March 2018Last Updated: 03 April 2018
I would like to wish Steve Hopkins a long and happy retirement from Naim and would like to thank him for all of his help over the years. best wishes from Devraj and Ciara Banerji
JamieWednesdayPosted: 29 March 2018Last Updated: 01 April 2018
Never really been my thing, perhaps because my father drank it by the gallon when I was younger and I never had a taste for the Plymouth & Schweppes. My wife, ever on trend, has recently joined a Gin by post thing however and I've turned into a bit of a Gin aficionado. I've discovered it's actually quite a pleasant way to unwind, particularly so with my current fave Salcombe Gin (typically the one only available by mail order it seems) and Fever-Tree Elderflower Tonic of all things.
Minh NguyenPosted: 29 March 2018Last Updated: 30 March 2018
Looks interesting, especially for those with solar panels. The Tesla Power Wall stores enough juice to power a house for 24 hours at a modest cost of £5,000 and an extra £2,000 for installation. Sounds Interesting, especially as a dedicated power source for hifi.
joerandPosted: 28 March 2018Last Updated: 28 March 2018
"Nothing is as eternal as poetry and songs" - Jim Morrison
Mike-BPosted: 27 March 2018Last Updated: 27 March 2018
I've discovered an insurance fiddle that you might get unwittingly involved in. I've been getting an unusual number of mail (letter post) correctly addressed to my home but to a person (name) unknown. As they are all business mail with the senders details on the envelope I've been RTS'ing them (unknown & return to sender). This all started about 1 year ago & recently been getting them on a more regular basis until a few weeks ago when it all came to head (details irrelevant), but it...
MangoMonkeyPosted: 22 March 2018Last Updated: 25 March 2018
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/03/06/science/ears-shape-hearing.html?action=click&module=Smarter%20Living&pgtype=Homepage
GraemeHPosted: 24 March 2018Last Updated: 25 March 2018
Dare you switch off...? G
Bob the BuilderPosted: 24 March 2018Last Updated: 24 March 2018
Do children, teenagers or young people have the skills to be able to use sites like Facebook responsibly?
thebigfredcPosted: 12 November 2017Last Updated: 24 March 2018
I was at Edgbaston when we won them back last time but with the reminder of the Mitchell whitewash down under I have got the willies over the upcoming encounter.
nickpeacockPosted: 19 March 2018Last Updated: 24 March 2018
For anyone who uses Imgur, the upload via email option is apparently no longer available. This appears to be a new development. I tried uploading some pics last night, logged an issue and received confirmation via Support overnight that the email option ‘has been removed and is no longer available at this time’.
joerandPosted: 23 March 2018Last Updated: 24 March 2018
A 10 year-old phone that is. It's a Samsung flip phone still with its original battery and charger bought in February 2008 and it functions flawlessly. It initially ran for a week+ between charges, now goes 2-3 days. Fits in my pocket like a car key fob. It has survived all drops without an external case, costs $15 a month on my family plan, and shows no built-in obsolescence. I don't feel tied to it or lost without it. I'm not constantly fingering it, I don't use it while driving, I don't...
Mike-BPosted: 20 March 2018Last Updated: 23 March 2018
My local news has a story on road sign "vandalism". Yes all very vandalish, but they have bought a smile to a lot of peeps. And I have to say that judging by the quality with matching fonts etc, a lot of care has gone into making them. TV Police say the vandals are still at large & should not be approached as they might make you laugh out loud.
notnaim manPosted: 20 March 2018Last Updated: 21 March 2018
From an email today, the Met Office are to update their email weather warning service. Two new categories are introduced, lightening and thunder storms. Useful notice when there may be a need to unplug the system.
JamieWednesdayPosted: 18 March 2018Last Updated: 19 March 2018
Hi, anyone familiar with Tours? Will be stopping off here on way to Languedoc this Summer and looking for a nice hotel in the town centre. With parking! Any recommendations? Thank you all...
Richard DanePosted: 20 February 2018Last Updated: 18 March 2018
As per my previous mac post, I have successfully upgraded from Mavericks to High Sierra (second time lucky I hope) on my MacBook Pro. All seems to be working OK now, however there's one app that seems to be running very poorly, and that's Photo. The old iPhoto was very quick and worked well, however the new Photo just gives me spinning wheels and then freezes up for ages. It's nigh on impossible to use for even the most basic photo editing. So my question is; is there any way to backpedal to...
EoinkPosted: 14 March 2018Last Updated: 18 March 2018
The master Uilleann piper Liam O'Flynn died today at the age of 72. With Planxty he was core to the reinvigoration and modernisation of Irish folk music in the '70s. He also played with many major artists, and for poetry lovers his album with Seamus Heaney is a joy. A true master of the pipes, he's given me great joy both on record and on stage. RIP Liam
Mike-BPosted: 14 March 2018Last Updated: 15 March 2018
Today is Pi day - March 14th = 3.14 in USA However in the civilised & mathematics world 22 July (22/7 = 3.14) is the real Pi date. Whatever, I am out for dinner tonite & will be having a steak & ale in celebration - in the worlds best pie restaurant as it 'appens. On 22 July I will go for a Melton Mowbray hand raised Porky
Sloop John BPosted: 14 March 2018Last Updated: 15 March 2018
..... is a topic that one doesn’t often see discussed here. Whilst I appreciate it is difficult to do direct A / B comparisons and the need to dem in one’s own room is absolutely essential I’m quite surprised by the silence on the topic here. We have gleaned that PB has grey curtains. These are not ones I have heard personally but one of the more astonishing revelations in this strange hobby was when I changed an insipid green pair of curtains for a rich burgundy set. Well jaw drop, night...
The Strat (Fender)Posted: 14 March 2018Last Updated: 15 March 2018
What an inspirational person.
Minh NguyenPosted: 06 March 2018Last Updated: 12 March 2018
Mike-BPosted: 14 February 2018Last Updated: 10 March 2018
I'm posting this in Padded Cell as the Home Theatre occupants will probably be aware of this. Ofcom are changing UHF TV channel frequencies to free up the 700MHz band (Channels 50 to 60) for the development of future mobile services. They are moving multiplexes (channel groups) now located between 50 & 60 to somewhere between channels 21 & 48. Also some channels currently in the 21 to 48 area might be changed. The first of these changes starts in some regions on 7th Feb &...