Padded Cell

ynwa250505Posted: 17 May 2018Last Updated: 18 May 2018
Answers on a postcard lol ...
T38.45Posted: 16 May 2018Last Updated: 16 May 2018
What's going on there? Two of my absolut favorite writes Michael and Rafe changing their roles? Seems that Michael left audiostream/stereophile and Rafe jumps in now from parttime audiohile...
redalphabetPosted: 13 May 2018Last Updated: 15 May 2018
If you are the person selling your home, The estate agent has snapped your hifi gear in full! included, is a picture of the house, a layout of the house, all of the equipment you own, and your address.
Jeff AndersonPosted: 12 May 2018Last Updated: 14 May 2018
Everything w0rks fine except the letter "0" 0n the keyb0ard ? Seri0usly! Any suggesti0ns. It can be intermittent but makes using passw0rds difficult. Thanks.
WillyPosted: 20 April 2018Last Updated: 07 May 2018
Retrieved this from our cat this morning. Anyone any ideas on what it is and how best to care for it? As can be seen it's tail is separated. Regards, Willy.
DungassinPosted: 01 May 2018Last Updated: 04 May 2018
Well, my younger son-in-law gave me a bunch of LPs to digitise for him. I've recorded a few onto my Korg MR2, and went to my iMac to fire up Audacity. Received the message that 'Audacity will not run, developers need to update it' Audacity are aware of this and are apparently producing a 64bit version, but I suppose that in the meantime I'll have to download Audacity onto my Windows 10 "2 in 1" laptop to carry on. I hope I don't receive a similar message there as well! ... sigh ...
Richard DanePosted: 30 January 2018Last Updated: 04 May 2018
I've just got back from Dusseldorf where we were showing the Naim for Princess Yachts system (brilliant by the way!). But I now find that my Macbook Pro has a problem. It starts to boot, and I see the status bar start to fill up, then slow, then take ages to reach the end but that's as far as it goes. I can get into the recovery section. I've run a repair utility. I've also done a hardware scan (short and long) and no issues found. I've reset PRAM. However, still no dice and I get the same...
EoinkPosted: 25 April 2018Last Updated: 04 May 2018
Last week I bought an olive Supercap for my 82 from a well-known auction site. For the previous few weeks I’d been browsing listings on that theme, so it doesn’t surprise me that on ads for that site that pop up on my social media I have got a stream of pictures of 52s and 82s for sale. However between the 4 pictures of olive preamps I am also recommended a “women zipper seethrough mesh catsuit” and a farmhouse with four barns for sale in Bulgaria. I have no idea what the connection with...
Massimo BertolaPosted: 25 April 2018Last Updated: 01 May 2018
Hi to all, does anyone have any idea why, after the last update of HighSierra on my MacBook Pro, I can't reach the forums.naimaudio.com page from Safari? The blue line does an inch or so then stops. The same if I try to go to www.naimaudio.com. I have had to install Opera to be able to come here, and even with it, I have to pass through the main page, Connection and come to the forum. Any idea? Thanks M.
TheronPosted: 23 April 2018Last Updated: 30 April 2018
Ive just seen the coming soon to BBC 2 advert for the final series.
Richard DanePosted: 14 April 2018Last Updated: 29 April 2018
Very sad news this morning that Dame Daphne Sheldrick has passed away at age 83. She and her late husband and family have done so much to raise awareness of the terrible plight of wildlife in Africa. That Elephants are still (just) a part of the African fauna may well be down to the hard work and dedication of those working with The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. For anyone thinking of what to give as a present, consider giving the present of an elephant "adoption" via the David Sheldrick...
Sister E.Posted: 18 April 2018Last Updated: 25 April 2018
So sad. Supermarket sweep was the funniest, campest thing on telly in the 90s.
nickpeacockPosted: 14 March 2018Last Updated: 25 April 2018
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03v379k Ah, this is reassuring. Like a warm bath. You all brought your towels, right?
docmarkPosted: 23 April 2018Last Updated: 24 April 2018
This might be a hot, possibly prohibited subject. I'm listening to a program called Ideas on the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Tonite, they're talking about Americans & their love affair or fascination with guns, their "entitlement" to them. With all of the deaths caused by guns, how can Americans be so dense when it comes to gun control? What don't they not "get" about restricting guns? And why are Evangelical Christians so on board with their "right" to own, and use, guns? I just...
Bruce WoodhousePosted: 23 April 2018Last Updated: 23 April 2018
My Astell + Kern AK70 Mk II is faulty having dropped a channel on the headphone output. It is 4 months old. I purchased it from an online shop who have advised me warranty claims are dealt with in the UK by iRiver. However I have used the contact form to attempt get in touch with them twice over the last week without any response. I will try the additional fax and phone numbers when I get time but my question is that if I am unable to raise a response from iRiver can I get back to the...
The Strat (Fender)Posted: 11 April 2018Last Updated: 22 April 2018
Guys, Looking back at one of my posts the other day I realised I was somewhat feisty. Nothing wrong with that in itself but I recognise that my tone was somewhat out of character. So an explanation. Sadly last month my wife Margaret of 35 wonderful years passed away after a long brave battle with peritoneal cancer. Although in reality not a surprise it is of course hard to rationalise. However, in getting through the ordeal I have received unstinting moral support from our 2 fantastic...
JamieWednesdayPosted: 20 April 2018Last Updated: 22 April 2018
Cool. Pirate Tracker
GraemeHPosted: 21 April 2018Last Updated: 21 April 2018
Brilliant Julien Temple documentary film capturing the mood of Havana at a pivotal moment in Cuba’s History. Worth catching up if you can. G
Frank YangPosted: 20 March 2018Last Updated: 13 April 2018
Zuckerberg, Sandberg indirectly and Nix directly were doing the bidding of Bannon. Once again, massive and rich data set on millions of FB users, along with their sensitive info, would be very vital for the US election 2017. These guys must some explaining to do!!!
DrMarkPosted: 11 April 2018Last Updated: 12 April 2018
Since I was excoriated previously on the topic...seems a lot of the research is backed by money from those who stand to benefit. https://www.thenation.com/article/how-big-wireless-made-us-think-that-cell-phones-are-safe-a-special-investigation/
JamieWednesdayPosted: 07 April 2018Last Updated: 12 April 2018
An emotional morning. When I first saw her all those years back, I expected nothing more than signals of her Oriental breeding. Neat, dependable, ever willing to please. However, that dash of red she was wearing when I first saw her hinted at so much more. We’ve had twenty wonderful years together, but I hadn’t seen her since last Autumn, just as the nights were getting that bit colder and the scent of bonfires was in the air. Oh, I promised I’d take her out and look after her more than...
Alley CatPosted: 12 April 2018Last Updated: 12 April 2018
Up until a few hours ago I used to have all the subfora listed horizontally in tabs at the top and it was quck to change the forum. Now there is that 'trendy' 3 line disclosure icon so favoured in responsive website design at the top left which animates a list of sub-fora which moves in from the left - seem to recall it being like this on mobile devices but it means extra clicks/steps to jump to a different forum if this has been adopted for the desktop site toom, and is quite superfluous.
DungassinPosted: 05 April 2018Last Updated: 11 April 2018
Here I was planning to sit down and have a pleasant afternoon listening to my LP12 having just upgraded to Ekos SE, when things went completely pear-shaped, just to complete a week of computer related nonsense. Firstly, the screen hinge on my iMac decided to break last Sunday. There I was in my study trying to sort out why my Harmony remote wasn't working (turned out to be because my wifi extender had died - now replaced with a BT Whole Home Mesh system). Then there was a sudden loud crack...
RedboxfilePosted: 08 April 2018Last Updated: 09 April 2018
Further to my recent post regarding my frustrations using the Naim app for Android I came across a damning article in the June issue of PC Pro magazine written by Jon Honeyball. The article highlights the poor implementation of firmware and software support by leading manufacturers. The Naim Uniti Core was featured and also Chords Mojo as examples. It makes the point that it is so easy for companies to tarnish reputations built up over many years and that "crawling out of that hole can take...
winkyincanadaPosted: 04 April 2018Last Updated: 09 April 2018
Mods. Please delete this thread due to lack of interest.