Padded Cell

man2wolfPosted: 12 January 2004Last Updated: 13 January 2004
I am finally getting round to buying a new PC but what do I need? It will be used for:1. MS Office applications especially Excel and Access2. Web surfing (hopefully using ADSL)3. Editing/printing digital photos4. Copying CD'sSome questions, bearing in...
Top CatPosted: 01 January 2004Last Updated: 13 January 2004
Hi.Usually it doesn't last long enough for me to find out, but following a couple of years of purchases from places like SMWS, I'm a bit worried about whether an opened bottle or eight might go off. I mean, I don't drink it every night or anything, so...
garyiPosted: 08 January 2004Last Updated: 13 January 2004
guys I have been recently interested (new year and all that) in purchasing a bike.I feel that throwing money at gadgets which enable me to sit on my arse more is gradually doing me no favours.The distinct lack of off road in the area and the fact I...
anselmPosted: 11 January 2004Last Updated: 13 January 2004
in hushed tone "Mr B. Fritz has not posted since Tuesday!"Anselmall art is contemporary; it is the way we look at it that changes...
Brian OReillyPosted: 06 January 2004Last Updated: 12 January 2004
After spending Christmas with my parents-in-law in Bretagne, I've come to the stunning conclusion that I prefer 20yr old wine to 2yr old wine.........Its filtered through my crack-addled brain that if I start buying and storing wine now, then in 10yrs...
matthewrPosted: 06 January 2004Last Updated: 12 January 2004
Not only is he, whatever the idiots at FIFA say, the best footballer in the world he is now in the coolest advert ever.Excellent work by Animal on the drums as well.MatthewPS Crap cars though.
Roy TPosted: 12 January 2004Last Updated: 12 January 2004
Over the last few days or so I've been subjected to a plague of Spontaneous reboots on my XP Pro system. The error log points to trouble with the TrueVector engineTrueVector engine: File "C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\ABC123.ldb" was corrupt and has been...
FisbeyPosted: 12 January 2004Last Updated: 12 January 2004
Now where would Liverpool be without Mark Delaneys bum?!!!!
Laurie SaundersPosted: 08 January 2004Last Updated: 12 January 2004
I was considering replacing my VHS with a DVD recorder. I don`t really hire/buy films much.....mainly interested in recording off air.My one concern is the reliability of DVDRW discs, having experienced one or two problems with CDRW with my PC...they...
Steve BPosted: 11 January 2004Last Updated: 12 January 2004
I have replaced my hard drive 3 times in the last 3 months. My new Maxtor 80Gb is now making those dreaded clicking noises and failure is probably imminent.Surely there must be a reason for this. Hard drives aren't normally this unreliable surely?Any...
Top CatPosted: 08 January 2004Last Updated: 12 January 2004
Hi folks.For my last birthday (one with a zero at the end ) my wife planned to buy me my first new bicycle - and I rather fancied a hybrid, as whilst I've no interest in careering down the side of a mountain, I wouldn't mind being able to trundle...
Geoff CPosted: 18 December 2003Last Updated: 11 January 2004
Took my son James yesterday (17 Dec) to see ROTK, and we were both pleased that the journey has been completed in such an awesome manner!If you enjoyed the Fellowship and The Two Towers, you should not be disappointed.RegardsGeoff
woodfacePosted: 06 January 2004Last Updated: 10 January 2004
I really want one of the classic Eames chairs for the music room however they only seem to be avaialble on line at not cheap prices - £1600 with footstool. Has anybody out there bought one of these and could recommend a good retailer? Many thanks.
MekonPosted: 07 January 2004Last Updated: 09 January 2004
On BBC2 at the mo' is Property People, and it's a deliberately touching on similar themes, with Tim from The Office doing the narration. This week, the key character was Richard, an older salesman who is being eaten alive by nasty younger ones, and...
RasherPosted: 08 January 2004Last Updated: 09 January 2004
Walked into the office after getting my hair cut, to be greeted by the receptionist with "Oh, you've had your hair cut"!So...was I supposed to act surprised? Did I not know that I just had my bloody hair cut? Was she thinking to herself out loud? So I...
FisbeyPosted: 09 January 2004Last Updated: 09 January 2004
Here's to Villa stuffing Liverpool at Anfield (got to get it right one week!)
jaydPosted: 07 January 2004Last Updated: 09 January 2004
I want one. Who makes/sells them? Which are the best?
max in hampshirePosted: 03 December 2003Last Updated: 08 January 2004
Hi to all the computer experts - again!Having recently bought my new pc (running Win XP) on the advice of my ISP, I installed NortonAntiVirus software. After three weeks of the computer failing miserably and numerous expensive calls to Virgin net I...
Roy TPosted: 08 January 2004Last Updated: 08 January 2004
The other offerings have been worth watching and as I'm a fan of her I though others might be intrested.The Big Question with Susan Greenfield (Scientific Documentary)Time - 19:30 - 20:00 (30 minutes long)When - Thursday 8th January on FiveWhy Am I...
JustinPosted: 07 January 2004Last Updated: 08 January 2004
I'm THIS close to buying a new Civic Si hatchback as a somewhat impracticle present to myself for getting into med school (and whose purpose it will be to wisk myself to and fro said school each day in low-to-the-ground bliss). I love the way it...
RicoPosted: 17 December 2003Last Updated: 08 January 2004
So come on - are they any good? (say) a 300E, 1990-ish. Cheap enough to own/run? What goes wrong? Solid and reliable as one would expect? Safe? Boring?Should I really be looking at a BMW E34.Rico - SM/Mullet Audio
jaydPosted: 05 January 2004Last Updated: 08 January 2004
Apparently not serious, thankfully.Ray Davies in The Big Easy
Jon MoxonPosted: 07 January 2004Last Updated: 08 January 2004
Recently I find myself making more 'music' (pretty loose term this!) than listening to it, and I do the mixing through my 82/hi/140/S100s. Two questions are on my mind:-What's the difference between this and a studio monitoring set up? (Is the...
FisbeyPosted: 08 January 2004Last Updated: 08 January 2004
A quick question: Are people who live with their 'other half' schizophrenics?
JeremyDPosted: 07 January 2004Last Updated: 08 January 2004
Can anyone recommend a forum containing the film equivalent of this forum's "The Music Room"? [i.e. matching it in quality and quantity of contributions]. TIA. On the other hand, now that a Naim DVD player is more than a rumour perhaps the Naim forum would be a good place to introduce such a room?