Home Theatre

supertronikPosted: 17 December 2005Last Updated: 17 December 2005
Hello, I am looking to purchase a a couple of direct to disk hard drives and looking into the Shining HDV (http://www.shining.com) for my current Sony Z1 and maybe even the new Shining Citidisk HD for the new Panasonic HVX-200 I have on order. The...
Adrian F.Posted: 01 December 2005Last Updated: 12 December 2005
Hello!Has someone directly compared these two centers? For the price difference, the Axent should be more than just a broader Axess with 2 midrange chassis more... how do they compare sonicly?happy listeningAdrian
Don the deep diverPosted: 29 November 2005Last Updated: 10 December 2005
I am looking to retrofit light dimmers for my Naim HC and the X10 range looks to be very versatile, easy to install and cheap. As it uses the mains wiring to transmit commands would this effect sound quality and if so would this only be whilst active...
TuanPosted: 23 November 2005Last Updated: 06 December 2005
A recent trip to Home-theatre wonderland and I notice that majority of most advanced flat-screen TVs are equipped with HDMI interface. Naim DVD players have DVI. Would the current models be refitted with the HDMI or can customers order units with the...
cchua1Posted: 07 November 2005Last Updated: 06 December 2005
Will Naim's proposed external scaler make a big difference to the DVD5 picture quality? The external scaler is purportedly able to output 1080p. Not sure what the current DVD5 output is - probably 720i or 720p. However, my Pioneer plasma has a native...
zorbaPosted: 02 December 2005Last Updated: 06 December 2005
Does anyone use or can recommend wireless surround speakers? Just laid a new floor and thought of the idea before I route 3 sets of speaker cable.ps. If so any makes that can do music.
Bart SimpsonPosted: 27 November 2005Last Updated: 03 December 2005
I wonder if you all watch the movies in the language the film was originally filmed in or use the dubbed version instead. I just watched HERO in both and found that I preferred the non dubbed version with English subs as it came across more dramatic....
Bart SimpsonPosted: 30 November 2005Last Updated: 02 December 2005
Has this "beast" been released yet?
Markus SPosted: 23 November 2004Last Updated: 24 November 2005
I think there should be a separate thread where AV systems can be shown.Anybody witha projector and a Naim system? Please show and tell.
marvin the paranoid androidPosted: 11 November 2005Last Updated: 24 November 2005
Has anyone any experience with the Cyrus AV8 processor and DV8 DVDP? Presently we use an Onkyo DVP and Yamaha E800 processor with NAC92/NAP140 for front speakers,they were ok to start with, but now ouputting into Panasonic 42" plasma (and a DLP...
PatGPosted: 21 November 2005Last Updated: 21 November 2005
HelloAm needing to install curtains/roller blinds for my home theater room that will respond to a remote control. I am not in need of complete blackout blinds.Anyone has experience of a good supplier? Thanks P
beakPosted: 18 November 2005Last Updated: 20 November 2005
Can anybody please advise on the optimum height for a 43 inch plasma screen? it is to be fitted on a chimney breast 59 inches wide with no fire below.Dan
PeterZPosted: 16 November 2005Last Updated: 18 November 2005
Looking at the back of the n-Vi (see this link), it seems that the orientation of the speaker outputs is such that the standard Naim plugs will not work. It's just too tight back there.What kind of plugs are required to connect speakers to an n-Vi? Or...
MarioPosted: 17 November 2005Last Updated: 17 November 2005
Hello fellow naim lovers.I have long looked for a pre pro that can do justice to stereo and there arn't too many out there. My processor is a Sony TAE 9000 and it's still working fine. It's actually an amazing piece of kit for the money. My stereo...
Obsessed1Posted: 11 November 2005Last Updated: 13 November 2005
Appreciate input from anyone who has seen the new n-Vi. I currently have AV2/175/150 with a cheap Sony DVD/SACD.I'm thinking of selling/trading the AV2/175/150 for the n-Vi. Here's my thinking: good as the AV2 is, my AV system gets about 20% of the...
Stuart MPosted: 11 November 2005Last Updated: 12 November 2005
I borrowed an AV2 from Oranges and Lemons while my 102 was back to Naim for a service - I loved what it did, way better than a Yamaha DSP-E800, better than the internal decoder of the Denon DVD 3910 (Whichs knocks the E800 for 6) - how to describe it...
liamPosted: 29 October 2005Last Updated: 11 November 2005
hi everyone,i'm in the market for a new tv, looking at a few makes philips, loewe, panasonic, jvc and sony. can anyone recommend any good sets?.cheers liam
djfieldPosted: 03 November 2005Last Updated: 07 November 2005
Hi,I hope you guys can help me with some advice about surround sound processors/receivers. I've just bought myself a projector and I've pretty much blown all my spare cash on this and haven't left myself any real money to buy a surround system....
joesilvaPosted: 03 July 2005Last Updated: 05 November 2005
Having recently seen a demo of the DVD5 in my home against my present Lexicon RT-10, I've decided to get rid of my old AV gear and start afresh. As I am not very well in tune with current AV gear, I would value the recommentadion of forum members.I...
General SkankyPosted: 22 October 2005Last Updated: 02 November 2005
The AV2 has two sub out options.RCA or the DIN with the centre channel out.My question is this, can two subs be run, one from each output at the same time?I'd expect that if so, they would receive identical signals etc.The manual explains them as...
mozzerPosted: 29 October 2005Last Updated: 30 October 2005
Should we worry? Do we care? is this the end of my brand new DVD5?
Edo EngelPosted: 29 September 2005Last Updated: 28 October 2005
Dear all,I've noticed that Laserdisc material is widely available second hand, at excellent prices. Players seem to be harder to find, especially the higher quality machines. I'm considering the purchase of a second hand player and some discs, but...
David YoungPosted: 16 October 2005Last Updated: 28 October 2005
After updated with the latest softwares (decoding and control) for DVD5, I discover that the output level of Dolby 5.1 format via stereo DIN output become very low compare to other formats such as DTS or Dolby 2.0. It happens with all the DVD with...
HRC99Posted: 15 October 2005Last Updated: 25 October 2005
Just in the process of trying to calibrate my AV2 a little more scientifically and trying to get the test tone going. It says ON but there's no test tone? Any ideas?
james nPosted: 23 October 2005Last Updated: 25 October 2005
Naim (or Anyone) - Any ideas when the mags (Choice / HFN) are getting their hands on one of these for review ?Ta James.