Home Theatre

Marc EvansPosted: 08 July 2005Last Updated: 13 September 2005
Well this post is a blatant plug for something I think is a great product that would be of interest to people in the HT forum, but it's not really Naim related (except that it controls an AV2) so it might end up in the padded cell. So be it...In a...
nap-sterPosted: 09 September 2005Last Updated: 12 September 2005
I'm sure this issue has probably been raised before............ however.......I've just got a JVC 37" LCD and to be honest I am finding the quality of broadcasts on Sky to be very poor to very good depending on the channel. For instance the movie...
PatGPosted: 01 September 2005Last Updated: 11 September 2005
I was aghast to open my new DVD5 to find that it did not come with a 5 pin din lead. This has been confirmed by the entry of 24 August 2005 on the FAQ section on this very subject. Even the most basic Naim CD player comes with a Din lead. (confirmed...
Neill FergusonPosted: 23 August 2005Last Updated: 08 September 2005
Dear All Like I said in a previous post I intend to change the system somewhat and the first change has been made. I sold the Meridian DVD player and have ordered a DVD5. I have the dealers on loan so I can now give you all first hand experience of...
Roy DonaldsonPosted: 14 May 2005Last Updated: 08 September 2005
Hi there,Just before heading out tonight, I've been playing a lot of more dance orientated CDs. I normally have my AV2 setup to run in Direct mode off the CD input. However, tonight I've set it up to process it in DPLII Music, to gain access to...
MichaelCPosted: 04 September 2005Last Updated: 07 September 2005
This afternoon I put a DVD on for the children. No sound. I tried another DVD and again no sound.I have the following:Rotel - RDV 1080 (DVD)Rotel - RSX 972 (receiver)Loewe AcondaEnergy speakersSky+No matter what I tried I could get no sound from the...
HiDefBobPosted: 29 August 2005Last Updated: 06 September 2005
Is it just me or do others find the fan on the DVD5 a little noisy. Fortunately it does not come on too often, but when it does I can definitely hear it ... especially during quieter scenes in a movie.
djorgPosted: 03 September 2005Last Updated: 03 September 2005
Hello people!Have you some recommandation for an audio processor which will finely match with NAIM amp?I'm sure AV3 is a good one! But my budget is 2.5 time under its price!thanks!
David BensonPosted: 31 August 2005Last Updated: 01 September 2005
Currently have all naim set up and want to move to HC, but will not give up Naim for all the tea in china.Current system CD2,52 super + 135's all olive obviously. I am happy with 5:1, 7:1 is a bit OTT and has negilable WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor)What...
Derek WrightPosted: 31 August 2005Last Updated: 31 August 2005
just seen an advert for one of the above for £1500 plus a load of surround sound stuff and a DVD player. - What is the reputation of the Sony Plasma screen. I guess it is an end of run promotion
KROPosted: 31 August 2005Last Updated: 31 August 2005
Has anyone had experience of plasma calibration and reccomendations?
TaylormadePosted: 11 February 2005Last Updated: 29 August 2005
I have been using a Nait 2, CD3 and Lin Kan II setup for 2 channel. I'd like to get into Home Theater. I don't see a purpose in keeping the Nait 2 and CD3. I have a Pioneer Elite C36 with audio process via a Theta DAC.My budget is around $3000 for...
howard karbelPosted: 15 July 2005Last Updated: 28 August 2005
I am interested in any opinions regarding which is best for Video AND Audio. I have heard that HDMI is great for Video but not as great for Audio. Currently I am using Component Video connections and all is well. Howard
nap-sterPosted: 28 August 2005Last Updated: 28 August 2005
I am in the market for an LCD TV. However, due to space restrictions and neatness I was thinking of using the TV speakers as the centre channel. Does anyone know of an HD ready 32 or 37" set that can accept the phono output (centre channel, split from...
Stuart MPosted: 27 August 2005Last Updated: 28 August 2005
Well more than a year and a half after moving in to my new place and now the lounge (28’ by 18’ with max 18’ vaulted ceiling) is almost finished. Several purchases along the way I now am the owner on the AV side of:-DVD Player...
niceguy235ukPosted: 27 August 2005Last Updated: 27 August 2005
Any idea what the best thing to use for cleaning the dvd5 lens?RegardsJason
u5227470736789439Posted: 22 August 2005Last Updated: 26 August 2005
Dear Friends,I no longer watch TV and have not for over four years, during which time I feel I have probably missed little that would interest me, but I do enjoy DVDs of old feature films on my little computer, and very entertaining it is. Thus it...
MontyWPosted: 20 August 2005Last Updated: 26 August 2005
So what should I use to clean LCD screens?Thanks,Dave
Two-ShedsPosted: 20 June 2005Last Updated: 26 August 2005
I've just moved into an apartment and space is limited so my superb idea for saving space is going out and buying a projector which would free up a load of space taken up by a 32" widescreen TV.So which projector and screen should I be looking for....
niceguy235ukPosted: 20 August 2005Last Updated: 25 August 2005
Well, i think i may just give up.Settled down to watch a dvd the other night, only to find it wouldnt output a picture.So, whilst fuming on the sofa stabbing at the tv AV button trying to get a picture i had a sudden thought- DVD5 set to display off...
arf005Posted: 20 July 2005Last Updated: 18 August 2005
All, I'm thinking of upgrading my current av kit - Rotel RDV-995 and RSX-972 receiver. I'd like to stick with Rotel as I like their sound and they work well with my b&w's..... Kit I have in mind is - RDV-1050 or 1060 dvd spinner, and RSX-1056 or 1067 receiver. Wonder if any of you guys have any of the above and would care to comment....?? I'm doing a demo this time home, CD5x through 202/200 as the last time I listened to 112x/150x, and I'll be giving the Rotel kit a listen too.....I'm in...
Top CatPosted: 14 August 2005Last Updated: 16 August 2005
Hi folks.After carefully grinding her resolve down over the past year or so, my dear wife has agreed that we can get a 32" LCD. No bigger, as she hates over-sized panels, and I tend to agree that they can dominate in the average room.So, we've looked...
greenyPosted: 24 June 2005Last Updated: 10 August 2005
I want to aquire a plama screen to wall mount.However how do you go about minimising the wires you have to route to the screen?Some plazmas (Pioneer 435 etc) have separate tuner boxes with a single cable from box to plazma (plus power). This to me...
FisbeyPosted: 06 June 2005Last Updated: 10 August 2005
having just got my first DVD player (a cheap Bush thingy) I'm finding that with many DVD's the picture is 'squashed' - I know it's because the DVD's are widescreen format and my old Toshiba TV doesn't really support this. I can use zoom on the DVD but...
Two-ShedsPosted: 04 August 2005Last Updated: 10 August 2005
My current AV amp/decoder is a Denon 2802 and I'm thinking of getting a new ones, but sonically I'm happy enough with it. It's just it only has 1 digital coax input which is faulty (constant plugging/unplugging I think) and it has the wrong power...