Home Theatre

CrimpPosted: 13 October 2005Last Updated: 22 October 2005
Hi, I am currently putting together an article for a magazine consisting of ultimate av set ups. I am therefore looking for a few photos demonstrating my written piece. I am looking for the following photos/setups1: Small av.. a smallish LCD screen...
tpm45Posted: 16 October 2005Last Updated: 21 October 2005
Is a Naim DVD player any better than an Arcam machine. Is my Pioneer 656a better than both. Whilst I have not seen the Naim machine I have seen other machines and its just difficult to tell one machine from the other.....So why spend all that money....
JayPosted: 06 October 2005Last Updated: 18 October 2005
Hi teamCan the AV2 do this because I am confused.I have Telewest cable. Don't get me started. Anyway, stereo analogue into the AV2 from the cable box. I only have the 4 mains, no centre right now, I have the mains and surrounds set to on and set-up,...
Mark RPosted: 15 October 2005Last Updated: 17 October 2005
I've recently become a (rather pleased) AV2 owner. The AV2 fronts go into the AV input on a 282, which is set to unity gain. The AV2 and 282/SuperCap are running off the same Graham's Hydra into a single mains socket. With unity gain set, the pops and...
HuwgePosted: 12 October 2005Last Updated: 14 October 2005
I am a complete novice when it comes to Home Theatre. Is it possible to enjoy new DVDs in a two speaker system? If so, how?At the moment we have a Loewe Xelos A26 and an old Sony DVD player. I had attempted to connect the DVD to my 282 but the...
karybouePosted: 05 August 2005Last Updated: 13 October 2005
My dealer never updated any AV2. He received the software updates but couldn't manage to upload it in my AV2 (still in AVC03).So, can anyone tell me what is the specific procedure ... that I could teach to my dealer ?After my still buggy DVD5, I hope...
Richard AdamsPosted: 24 August 2005Last Updated: 11 October 2005
I am new to home cinema so please be gentle with me if my questions are a bit stupid.I have just got my hifi sorted out and would now like to make a start on an AV system. I don't watch too many DVDs so don't want to spend too much money. I currently...
arf005Posted: 18 September 2005Last Updated: 09 October 2005
Have just been lucky enough to get a second chance purchase of The Dark Lord himself......First saw these about a year ago when they were going into production, never thought I'd ever get the chance to own one - and I was right 'cos they sold...
nap-sterPosted: 08 October 2005Last Updated: 08 October 2005
My other half tells me that every Fridat at 19.30 on ITV1 the satellite signal is not available?Anyone confirm this for me?:-|
Bob EdwardsPosted: 07 October 2005Last Updated: 07 October 2005
All--The law office I work in needs a projector, and we've been offered a Mitsubishi ES100U SVGA for $895.00. It has 2000 lumens. Questions--Is this a good projector? IE, will it be bright enough in a courtroom to show a variety of things on,...
joesilvaPosted: 07 October 2005Last Updated: 07 October 2005
I am new to the AV forum.I am looking for an AV processor and would like to consider the AV2. However, I am not clear from the item description whether it has 7.1 output capability.Can someone please advise ?Thanks !Joe
nap-sterPosted: 03 October 2005Last Updated: 06 October 2005
Just a thought as one does when one is sat in fron of the box listening to a music programme............What is the audio quality of a broadcast? Does it vary? Can you compare it to a bits per second or such like?
Neill FergusonPosted: 06 October 2005Last Updated: 06 October 2005
Help!!!!!Strange but true, Naim sent me through a catalogue and a Uk price list etc, I was looking through this and noticed that the N-Sat, N-Sub and the N-cent. Come in Black and silver does anyone have any pic's of this finish so I can see what they...
Mark RPosted: 03 October 2005Last Updated: 04 October 2005
Hi,Does anyone know the latest firmware versions for the DVD5 and AV2? Also, what is the procedure for update: a visit to a PC-equipped dealer, or can the update be user-installed?Adam/Moderators: perhaps the firmware versions (and update process)...
HRC99Posted: 02 October 2005Last Updated: 04 October 2005
Just got my hands on an AV2, NAPV175 and have integrated it with my CDI, 202, 180, NAPSC and Flatcap.I just wondered where the best place for the Flatcap to sit in this system? Cheers!
TaylormadePosted: 29 September 2005Last Updated: 04 October 2005
Anyone have experience with Classe gear? How does it compare to Naim? I'm thinking about getting the Classe CAV-75 6 channel amp and the SSP-25 processor second hand.I have a Nait 2, Spendor S5e and a CD3 for 2 channel. Is the classe good enough to...
fledPosted: 26 September 2005Last Updated: 27 September 2005
I have a flat/apartment that I use for work (Monday to Thursday) and I am looking for a screen TFT / LCD or whatever to watch DVD's. I have no TV licence and never watch TV programs so I need to make sure the screen has no tuner (due to the insane...
JerrylPosted: 19 September 2005Last Updated: 25 September 2005
I will be reorganizing my room and will need to run a lengthy Component Cable from my Satellite receiver to Hitachi Plasma, my estimated length is approximately 8 meters. Will I loose quality because of the length?Jerry
TaylormadePosted: 09 September 2005Last Updated: 24 September 2005
Does anyone have experience with a relatively inexpensive A/V Receiver ($500-700) used with a naim setup?I have a Nait 2 and will continue to use that to power the front 2 speakers. I am not overly concerned due to lack of funds for spending too much...
DandyPosted: 20 September 2005Last Updated: 22 September 2005
Hi,I'm currently using a DVD5 and AV2 into 3 x NAP135s for front and 2 x NAP250 rear and surround. I would like to connect a NAC52/Supercap to the front L and R 135s for stereo CD replay from the DVD5, but still allow the AV2 to drive them for DVD...
neil wPosted: 17 September 2005Last Updated: 18 September 2005
i cant find a meridian forum, so i thought id ask heremy g98 displays "dvi error code 1 "any one with any ideascheers neil
Sir Cycle SexyPosted: 16 September 2005Last Updated: 16 September 2005
Somewhat bored tonight I've been nosing around the VOBs of Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring as DTS seemed less shouty than DD (yep, even less than usual!). This is one outrageously huge DTS track. I’ve never seen the like, at over a gig...
karybouePosted: 29 August 2005Last Updated: 16 September 2005
I plan to change my DVD Recorder for a Dual Layer or a DL+HD (if the DVD5 doesn't read DL discs). Is the DVD5 is DL DVD compatible ?If it isn't, will an update make the DVD5 DL compatible, later ?
Scott RyanPosted: 20 July 2005Last Updated: 15 September 2005
So, if you've had experience listening to two channel audio, either with a DVD or CD in the DVD5, how would you rate it's performance? How would it stack up in this regard compared to the CD5i, CD5x, CD5? Thanks, Scott
YantoePosted: 09 September 2005Last Updated: 14 September 2005
We've always had a disappointing Plasma picture from satellite and having just broken our LNB (whilst building a new listening (watching??) room) we wondered if there's any outstanding LNB or perhaps Sky box we should seek out.Sound all goes through a...