Music on Special Offer Thread?

Posted by: sjt on 14 December 2016

I am wondering if it would be legit to have a thread in here dedicated to music album downloads from legitimate retailers that are currently on special offer.

As an example I was just looking through the what are you listening to mega thread just now and came across the Melody Gardot record because someone was listening to it. I have wanted this for a while but it was always expensive (about 20 quid). On a whim I went over to a place I usually go to buy music downloads and by a blind stroke of luck it was on special offer at just over half price. Deluxe edition is cheaper than the standard edition! I bought it straight away.

So I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to posting albums that are on special offer at the moment with not-so-subtle hints as to where you could get them from, when the offer expires and how much is knocked off etc, so people could see instantly anything that was on special. It would certainly be a thread I would come back to often.

I did a search and couldn't find anything like this in the forum, but usually the searches on these forums are rubbish so this is not a guarantee!

There might need to be a few rules, e.g. the poster has no affiliation with the seller, only legitimate download shops / sites etc.

Just a thought still in the half-bakery...

Posted on: 14 July 2017 by Nick Lees

I know what you mean. I have to be in the right frame of mind for Messiaen but the Composer Of The Week series just now on BBC Radio 3 grabbed me. 

Posted on: 21 July 2017 by Yetizone

High Res Audio currently have a store wide discount of 15% until July 30th. Use discount code Sale2017 at the check out. Applies to reduced items also, as I just bought the HD version of Blondie's new album Pollinator at the reduce price £8.00, plus The Rolling Stones Lonesome & Blue..

https://www.highresaudio.com/en

thttps://www.highresaudio.com/en/album/view/5k9r4k/blondie-pollinator

Posted on: 23 July 2017 by sjt

I used the highresaudio 15% off to get Royal Blood - How did we get do dark for £6.80 - bargain! Very good too.

Posted on: 24 July 2017 by Richard Morris

Thanks also. Not used the store before. I went for this:

Posted on: 27 July 2017 by Bert Schurink

In Qubuz the label Laborie Jazz is on -30%

Posted on: 02 August 2017 by AndyP19

Just working my way through the Qobuz 'Big Download Sale 2017' http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/pag...-2017 primarily the 80% and 50% off all albums, of which there are close to 4,000, mostly obscure stuff (to me anyway). However, I did spot the first Bob Dylan album for £0.80 !!!!-  presumably out of copyright given the label. Well worth it alone for the track Baby Let Me Follow You Down.

There is a lot of classical stuff here and generally I fall into the Frank Skinner appreciation of Classical Music - Wow this is amazing the best thing I've ever heard, incredible, fantastic, oh no I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored........................... But I'd welcome any recommendations (in any genre), as there must be a few gems hidden in here.

Posted on: 03 August 2017 by Jeroen20

A FREE high definition multi-disc compilation where you can find a selection of works that represent Naxos recordings at their best

http://welcome.primephonic.com...amp;utm_term=Naxos30

Posted on: 03 August 2017 by Camlan
AndyP19 posted:

Just working my way through the Qobuz 'Big Download Sale 2017' http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/pag...-2017 primarily the 80% and 50% off all albums, of which there are close to 4,000, mostly obscure stuff (to me anyway). However, I did spot the first Bob Dylan album for £0.80 !!!!-  presumably out of copyright given the label. Well worth it alone for the track Baby Let Me Follow You Down.

There is a lot of classical stuff here and generally I fall into the Frank Skinner appreciation of Classical Music - Wow this is amazing the best thing I've ever heard, incredible, fantastic, oh no I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored........................... But I'd welcome any recommendations (in any genre), as there must be a few gems hidden in here.

Andy

Have look at the Naive Classique label particularly the Vivaldi and Handels Water Music - some pretty good stuff there at very reasonable prices.

Posted on: 03 August 2017 by Richard Morris

I'd recommend 

Freedom Jazz France (not least for the fantastic track Le musichien) and Earth Blossom, both on Heavenly Sweetness label and very cheap.

Posted on: 03 August 2017 by AndyP19

Camlan - thanks I'll do some homework on the Naive label.

Richard Morris - excellent just bagged the Freedom Jazz France album (which I see Light in the Attic are re-issuing at a lot more than the bargain price here), Earth Blossom and another on the Heavenly Sweetness label by Don Cherry.

Three great albums and my total basket is showing £3.36 !!!!

Posted on: 03 August 2017 by Dave***t

I checked out the Qobuz sale, and although one might expect it to be pretty cheap in 2017, I was nonetheless a bit blown away to find an anthology of Rachmaninov playing various piano pieces for about a quid.  Naturally the recording is slightly ropey by today's standards, but to hear the man himself playing is just lovely.

Posted on: 04 August 2017 by Innocent Bystander

Just received notification of a Primephonic special offer:: 

"Exclusive Offer

Streaming high definition classical music on Primephonic is now FREE for 30 days.

And yes, there's more! Subscribe to receive 10% off our entire download store for life"

Posted on: 06 August 2017 by Nick Lees
Camlan posted:
AndyP19 posted:

Andy

Have look at the Naive Classique label particularly the Vivaldi and Handels Water Music - some pretty good stuff there at very reasonable prices.

Just to underline this recommendation. There's a ton of top rate Baroque stuff on Naive (Alessandrini, Biondi et al.) particularly for Vivaldi, though a mention for the superb set of albums Blandine Verlet made of the harpsichord works of both Couperins, there's also a ton of lute albums featuring Steve's fave, Hopkinson Smith, and what looks to be a cracking version of Handel's Giulio Cesare (his best opera in my thinking).

Most of the above under £4.

Posted on: 06 August 2017 by Nick Lees

P.S. Note also Mark Minkowski's 4 disc Haydn London Symphonies for £8

Posted on: 06 August 2017 by Dave J

Allan Holdsworth, The Man Who Changed Guitar Forever, available on CD from Amazon @ £131.73 (went down briefly to £91.00 yesterday +'delivery!). Now available as a hi-res (24/96) download from HDTracks for £19.00 and there's even 15% off with HDAUG04UK code. 

Posted on: 06 August 2017 by Bert Schurink
Dave J posted:

Allan Holdsworth, The Man Who Changed Guitar Forever, available on CD from Amazon @ £131.73 (went down briefly to £91.00 yesterday +'delivery!). Now available as a hi-res (24/96) download from HDTracks for £19.00 and there's even 15% off with HDAUG04UK code. 

I used the same deal, sometimes you find these great deals, thank you for the fallout....

Posted on: 06 August 2017 by AndyP19
Dave J posted:

Absolutely Outstanding! - Thank You Dave J - this has got to be the deal of the year (so far).

Posted on: 07 August 2017 by Dave J

You're most welcome, it's a cracking collection and I'm sure some kind if pricing error. It's £77.88 on Qobuz

Posted on: 07 August 2017 by AndyP19
Dave J posted:

You're most welcome, it's a cracking collection and I'm sure some kind if pricing error. It's £77.88 on Qobuz

Downloaded with HDTracks discount and sorted into individual albums with cover art. Then looking for Velvet Darkness. I see 7digital are doing this package for £11.99. Which beats HDTracks by a fiver.

£11.99 for nearly 100 tracks in 24/96 by the legendary Allan Holdsworth is just criminal.

Posted on: 07 August 2017 by Bert Schurink
AndyP19 posted:
Dave J posted:

Downloaded with HDTracks discount and sorted into individual albums with cover art. Then looking for Velvet Darkness. I see 7digital are doing this package for £11.99. Which beats HDTracks by a fiver.

£11.99 for nearly 100 tracks in 24/96 by the legendary Allan Holdsworth is just criminal.

Yes also in Germany at an even lower price level amazing...

Posted on: 08 August 2017 by Nick Lees

OK...this is an outlier...

Planet Mu, a left-field electronic label, have a sale on. If nothing else give a listen to the superbKuedo album Severant - a kind of modern take on Vangelis...even takes a theme from Blade Runner and updates it (Flight path),,,and it's a steal at £3.99 for the CD.

Site Link

Posted on: 08 August 2017 by Eoink
Dave J posted:

Thanks Dave, that's a fantastic tip.

Posted on: 08 August 2017 by Stevee_S
Gary Shaw posted:

OK...this is an outlier...

Planet Mu, a left-field electronic label, have a sale on. If nothing else give a listen to the superbKuedo album Severant - a kind of modern take on Vangelis...even takes a theme from Blade Runner and updates it (Flight path),,,and it's a steal at £3.99 for the CD.

Site Link

Thanks Nick, this sounds interesting just ordered the CD/download option. 

Posted on: 08 August 2017 by sjt

Early Tangerine Dream 2011 Esoteric Remasters (Alpha Centauri, Atem, Electronic Meditation) on Qobuz for about £3.20 each. Space music - far out man!

Posted on: 08 August 2017 by Harry

Thanks for that. I shall investigate.