System Pics 2018

Posted by: hungryhalibut on 17 December 2017

Welcome to System Pics 2018.

To start things off, here are a couple of pictures of my setup. There have been some big changes over the past year; a 300 and a 555PS, and some extra shelves to accommodate them. 

Posted on: 27 December 2017 by vintageaxeman

I am in absolute awe of the beautiful quality of some of the systems found on the system threads, and the many clean, tidy, uncluttered rooms which house them. I have to limit myself to one corner of the room which can be closed off, for the 'business end' of my system.

One thing I'm always interested to discover, however, is how much 'footage' of CDs or LPs go with other folks' systems.

Sometimes the posts show what looks like a 20K system with about 1K's worth of vinyl or CDs neatly sitting close by.

I have been collecting vinyl since the '60s and I have a large rack of about 800 albums with seven large overflow boxes which have to be stored elsewhere. And around the same number of CDs. It's not a huge collection compared to some, but it does take some organisation!

I'd love to see more pics of members' vinyl & CD collections as well as the lovely 'hardware' pics.

Posted on: 27 December 2017 by notnaim man
vintageaxeman posted:

I am in absolute awe of the beautiful quality of some of the systems found on the system threads, and the many clean, tidy, uncluttered rooms which house them. I have to limit myself to one corner of the room which can be closed off, for the 'business end' of my system.

One thing I'm always interested to discover, however, is how much 'footage' of CDs or LPs go with other folks' systems.

Sometimes the posts show what looks like a 20K system with about 1K's worth of vinyl or CDs neatly sitting close by.

I have been collecting vinyl since the '60s and I have a large rack of about 800 albums with seven large overflow boxes which have to be stored elsewhere. And around the same number of CDs. It's not a huge collection compared to some, but it does take some organisation!

I'd love to see more pics of members' vinyl & CD collections as well as the lovely 'hardware' pics.

Thank you, thank you - I thought it was only me listens to music in a room akin to Steptoe's yard.

There is just too much stuff, so much to listen to......

Posted on: 27 December 2017 by hungryhalibut

There you go, Vintageaxeman, my 3,000 albums...

Posted on: 27 December 2017 by Adam Zielinski

D4A90FB0-0BF3-4DD4-B19C-DC8EDB3C48DE

And here are my 12000 or so tracks...

notnaim man posted:
vintageaxeman posted:

Thank you, thank you - I thought it was only me listens to music in a room akin to Steptoe's yard.

There is just too much stuff, so much to listen to......

HaHa...I would like to be able to say that mine was neater than that, but it changes from week to week. Sometimes it's a tip, then I have a tidying session which seems to last for months, then it just seems to untidy itself again!!! Tidy right now though! Just not as pristine as many of you other Naim forum guys seem to be able to manage!

Hungryhalibut posted:

There you go, Vintageaxeman, my 3,000 albums...

Y'see, Halibut, as an old-schooler, I have never yet understood the mechanisms and hardware required to accomplish that, and I have lacked the confidence in my own ability to arrange, install and manage it, so I have never had the courage to invest in it!  But good for you mate!  It is actually quite helpful for me, even without system details, just to see whatever digital components some of you have! Cheers!

Adam Zielinski posted:

D4A90FB0-0BF3-4DD4-B19C-DC8EDB3C48DE

And here are my 12000 or so tracks...

Hi Adam.....

Ditto what I said to Halibut!

As an old-schooler, I have never yet understood the mechanisms and hardware required to accomplish that, and I have lacked the confidence in my own ability to arrange, install and manage it, so I have never had the courage to invest in it!  But good for you mate!  It is actually quite helpful for me, even without system details, just to see whatever digital components some of you have! Cheers!

[@mention:55208644561714066]

Setting up a local streaming network is not that complicated. But that’s for another thread

Posted on: 27 December 2017 by bazz

Few would be older school than me, but the small CD rack in my system pic is only there as a lamp and headphone stand. The CDs are long ago ripped to a second hard drive in the Mac Mini and stored in boxes, don't own a CD player these days. Records are in a cabinet to the left of pic.

Posted on: 27 December 2017 by Mike-B
Adam Zielinski posted:

[@mention:55208644561714066]

Setting up a local streaming network is not that complicated. But that’s for another thread

I have been talking someone around the same subject.  It was spurred on by his Mrs seeing my little Synology NAS (like HH's QNAP) & all its albums hidden away in its cabinet.   It looks like he might go for 272/250,  or might stay in his comfort zone with a Linn something as he is a long term Linn adikt.   Bottom line its freeing up so much floor/wall space in his living room & also his study & the box & cable count halved & after I demo'd how to rip a CD,  & he actually did & took a tour of the metadata,  he is amazed at how simple it all seems to be. 

Posted on: 27 December 2017 by Franz K

I tried to post a shot via imgur .. Somehow screwd up..:-((

Posted on: 27 December 2017 by Jeff Anderson

My 16,088 tracks (and yes, it is low-res). 

Posted on: 27 December 2017 by DrPo
vintageaxeman posted:
vinyl or CDs neatly sitting close by.

+1 I don’t have that many CDs by the vinyl collection is at about 600 LPs and growing... no place to store them so will have to start replacing books with LPs (a rather tough dilemma...)...

Posted on: 27 December 2017 by Vincé 2

Nas is a lot smaller than vynil and cd collection but has not the same visual impact!

Vincenzo

Posted on: 27 December 2017 by elkman70

What's behind the curtain? Is it a changing room?

Nice bass combo Vincenzo

Vincé 2 posted:

Nas is a lot smaller than vynil and cd collection but has not the same visual impact!

Vincenzo

That's really beautiful, Vincenzo. Thank you.

Posted on: 28 December 2017 by themrock

I have a wish for 2018, please make it happen, that we can post pictures direct from our device. This is the only forum i know, where we have to take dertour over 3party side. It cant be so difficult to change that.

Posted on: 28 December 2017 by Mike-B
vintageaxeman posted:
Vincé 2 posted:

That's really beautiful, Vincenzo. Thank you.

Beauty is obviously very much in the eye of the beholder,  OK for what it is its very nicely done,  but why,  with an NDX I couldn't wait to get my floor & wall space reclaimed.   

Posted on: 28 December 2017 by Adam Zielinski
themrock posted:

I have a wish for 2018, please make it happen, that we can post pictures direct from our device. This is the only forum i know, where we have to take dertour over 3party side. It cant be so difficult to change that.

Easy from an iPad - that’s how I directly paste mine

Posted on: 28 December 2017 by Massimo Bertola

As of 11:38, December 28, 2017. The CDX2, originally from 2002, has been recently completely re-built and brought to 2017 specs. As for the rest, well, sorry but it sounds really good. Speaker wires are NAC A5. IC is Vertere Pulse D-Fi. M.

Posted on: 28 December 2017 by Ardbeg10y
Max_B posted:

+ nice side table to put the bottle of wine on.

Good photos Max and nice to see the Ovators.

Posted on: 28 December 2017 by Massimo Bertola

Thanks. Getting good pictures is always a pleasant surprise for me.

Posted on: 28 December 2017 by HiFiman

Looks good Max very warm and welcoming and I bet it sounds great 

Posted on: 28 December 2017 by themrock
Adam Zielinski posted:
themrock posted:

Easy from an iPad - that’s how I directly paste mine

Realy direct from ipad, not going over Imgur or similar sides.

Please can you tell me the way.