System Pics 2018

Posted by: hungryhalibut on 17 December 2017

Welcome to System Pics 2018.

To start things off, here are a couple of pictures of my setup. There have been some big changes over the past year; a 300 and a 555PS, and some extra shelves to accommodate them. 

Posted on: 24 December 2017 by Bob the Builder
themrock posted:

Hi everyone, i can only seriously advice you to delete the geo tags in your pictures!

I can see exactly without any effort  where you life.

So for a criminal its easy to locate your house and its an easy target for them.

Alone the Naim stuff is worth a lot of money and who is able to spent so much on hifi stuff i think there will be other expensive stuff.

And the icing on the cake is, if you post on facebook with same name some vaccation pictures, perfect then i know if novody is at home.

So delete the geo tags before posting a picture.

Sound advice 

Posted on: 24 December 2017 by Atherton

Please excuse my ignorance, but what are geo tags and how do you delete them from photos?

Posted on: 24 December 2017 by Eoink
Atherton posted:

Please excuse my ignorance, but what are geo tags and how do you delete them from photos?

Geotags are added by digital cameras in phones and other cameras, which are the geographic details of wher the picture was taken, so the eastings and north8ngs are embedded in the file. That’s handy if you want to look back and work out where you took a picture, but as said it can be a security risk if people use it to see where you live.  I’ve set the forum to remove geographic data from uploaded pictures, but I’ve never checked whether that works for links from imgur.

Posted on: 24 December 2017 by themrock

I looked where Chris Bell lived, because i liked the view out of his living room.

Easy to identify his house.

Then i tried it by sone other pictures same result.

So you have to make 

- right mouse click on unopened picture

-pop up window appear

-go to attributes ( hope the correct translation)

- go to details

- see GPS thats it

to delete at bottom you can click on

attributes and personell information to delete

- click it

-pop up window appear

- then you can delete  attributes by clicking the gps check box

hope my english translation is not too bad

Posted on: 24 December 2017 by themrock

i found that, better than my try????

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/ho...hotos-in-windows-10/

Posted on: 24 December 2017 by Mr.Tibbs
james n posted:
Mr.Tibbs posted

Some 60s valves, some 70s chrome, some 80s solid state and some 90s digital. It works

Mr Tibbs

Good to see you posting Mr Tibbs, the system is looking superb as usual.

Gales aside, the FM3 is a cool looking piece of kit 

Thanks James!

(forgot to include a pic of 'old smokey')

Mr Tibbs

Posted on: 24 December 2017 by Massimo Bertola
Chris Bell posted:
I've had lots of folks over to hear my system... even a friend who has a mega-buck DartZeel system. I've yet to hear a negative comment.

Strange... People usually visit splendid houses with a gorgeous view, containing a system that costs like an apartment and all sort of displays of taste and wealth, and do nothing else than criticize..

;-) Joke. Merry Christmas.

Posted on: 24 December 2017 by HiFiman

I prefer the office system Chris owns especially with those Tabs

Posted on: 24 December 2017 by Chris Bell

Me too! 

Normality restored. Interesting picture with the sun coming through the blinds 

Posted on: 24 December 2017 by William

Christmas Naim...

IMG_5488

A TV without a black screen...

IMG_5489

Posted on: 24 December 2017 by Filipe
Atherton posted:

On the iPad go into Setting, Privacy, Location Services, Camera and choose Never. Can always revert back when away from home.

Phil

Posted on: 24 December 2017 by marcusman

I know this is about Audio, but damn that's a great photo of this a ProAc speaker.  The light and shadow are outstanding.  

marcusman posted:

I know this is about Audio, but damn that's a great photo of this a ProAc speaker.  The light and shadow are outstanding.  

The sound from the Proac Tab 10 is outstanding, one hell of a speaker.

Posted on: 24 December 2017 by Bob the Builder
Mr.Tibbs posted:

Some 60s valves, some 70s chrome, some 80s solid state and some 90s digital. It works  

Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs I use an old Heathkit fm valve radio with my Naim somtimes sounds lovely especially with spoken word shows.

Posted on: 25 December 2017 by yeti42

Naked Tablets?

Posted on: 25 December 2017 by Chag...
Chris Bell posted:

Me too! 

Gorgeous systems Chris! But, but we all thought you would have gone S1 by now. What is taking you so long? 

Please remind us what stands you have picked for the Tab 10.

Chag -

Posted on: 25 December 2017 by HiFiman
yeti42 posted:

Naked Tablets?

Also on first page

Posted on: 25 December 2017 by Chris Bell
Chag... posted:

Gorgeous systems Chris! But, but we all thought you would have gone S1 by now. What is taking you so long? 

Please remind us what stands you have picked for the Tab 10.

Chag -

Chag... setting up GoFundMe effort for S1 purchase.  Please be generous. 

My Tab 10's sit on Custom Design stands, sand filled.  

Posted on: 25 December 2017 by French Rooster

GofundMe for 2 S1, i am interested too....

Posted on: 25 December 2017 by bazz

Same old, except for baby NOS DAC and a Raspberry Pi with JustBoom digi board to play with.

Posted on: 25 December 2017 by Emre
Chris Bell posted:

While my system looks visually identical to last year's system pics, this year's upgrades were substantial.  It started in January with DR overhaul of my 15 year old NAP500. The DR upgrade is essentially an entire new (current spec) amp.... It took months for the amp to break-in, but the results were worth the wait.  Next up was a Recap/DR service for my 13 year old 552.  Like the 500 it took time for it to "come on song" but when it did the improvements were not subtle.  Finally cables were replaced with Chord Music and Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. While these cables are $$$, they are well worth the price.... the Chords revealing how good Naim electronics sound.  With all these changes I get very different listening experience.  The sound is big and effortless while also being delicate and spatial. Not terms commonly associated with Naim Audio, but all the fundamentals are there.  Upgrades for 2018 are already on the drawing-board (hint hint).  Watch this forum for more on that.  

Best view best System and very good photos, enjoy them.....

my only question is speakers in front of windows rather than a wall, will effect the SQ?

Posted on: 26 December 2017 by james n

Thanks to Mrs N, I'll be passing quite a few hours in front of my system with this...

Posted on: 26 December 2017 by Richard Dane

It’s an excellent read James. Enjoy!

Posted on: 26 December 2017 by Mr.Tibbs

Must get myself a copy of that book... they certainly do make some incredible vibration measuring machines. 

Mr Tibbs