Home Theatre

Gianluigi MazzoranaPosted: 16 May 2015Last Updated: 23 May 2015
Hope it can turn interesting for all films lovers. Only beta embryonic at the moment but you can enter and contribute to database. Enjoy!
rupertPosted: 14 May 2015Last Updated: 15 May 2015
watched on TV over 30000 years ago they could paint better than than they can to day,
DungassinPosted: 09 May 2015Last Updated: 09 May 2015
SWMBO uses a Human 2000 YouView PVR in our living room.  Last night she came upstairs to ask me why it kept showing subtitles, even though I had disabled them in its menu settings when I installed it for her, and showing her how to do this....
MDSPosted: 30 April 2015Last Updated: 06 May 2015
Since last summer my beloved n-Vi has been playing up. Despite a couple of attempts at repair I’d reluctantly accepted that it was time to move on and my n-Vi has gone to meet its maker. Question: what to replace it with? As we know, unfortunately Naim no longer has a product to replace the n-Vi. While my n-Vi was away for its first repair I tried an Oppo 103D + three Nap100s. Unlike my Oppo 93, the 103 has an HMDI input which enables my SkyHD box to feed it. This combination had its...
BananaheadPosted: 11 April 2015Last Updated: 06 May 2015
Having had my Panasonic Plasma removed I am in need of a new TV. What would you choose around 55" for about 2000-2500 ish ( ChF £ € ) I have been looking at the LG OLED, does anyone have one or have opinions?
Happy ListenerPosted: 18 March 2015Last Updated: 03 May 2015
Members,   No screen image and flashing blue light = time to call the engineer.   Anybody had this experience, if so, feedback on likely outcome to manage my expectations and those of my wallet would be appreciated.   2009 model Kuro....
Peter WPosted: 15 April 2015Last Updated: 15 April 2015
My stereo system and home cinema system are completely separate but they share the same room. Because I watch movies less than once a month the cinema speakers (5.0 with no subwoofer) normally stored away are assembled only as and when needed. The...
Niko08Posted: 27 March 2015Last Updated: 27 March 2015
I would like to connect Yamaha processor to my NDac (naim driving front speakers Yamaha drives surround and sub) At present I have 2 RCA from processor via an adaptor into DIN connecting to Nac 72. Adaptor not good quality and would prefer to connect...
CreativeVisionPosted: 04 March 2015Last Updated: 15 March 2015
Hi   I've sold my old but lovely Naim DVD5, AV2 and NAPv175 set up and am about to plunge for an all new wizzbang lights flashing, knobs spinning Atmos AV receiver with more connections that I know what to do with..    Which one still...
DungassinPosted: 10 March 2015Last Updated: 11 March 2015
For the last couple of weeks I've slowly been rejigging the setup in my study (it's the one with multiple video sources, AV2 and NAC552).   Still haven't persuaded SWMBO to let me splash out on a couple of 500mm Hutter Stacks (anything wider...
HousePosted: 07 March 2015Last Updated: 11 March 2015
I am just about to install a Sony projector in my cave, running DVDs from an Xbox 1 and the audio through my Naim 2.0 system. I have ordered a great automated screen, and was hoping to set it up to automatically come down when the projector is turned...
PercivalePosted: 16 February 2015Last Updated: 08 March 2015
Hello dear owners of Naim speakers   I have been thinking about the purchase of Naim Ovators s-400. I like them in stereo. However, I have one big problem to solve.   I mostly listen to surround music with sacd 5.1 and dvd-a 5.1. Th rest...
LokiPosted: 04 March 2015Last Updated: 04 March 2015
Just learning to digitise the Asgaard  VHS archives using Elgato and am confused as to which format to use. From other fora I am led to believe that h.264 is supposed to be for HD, but to my eyes the lower bit rate gives an image with inferior...
SkipPosted: 05 February 2015Last Updated: 02 March 2015
Further on the topic below:   http://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/mu-so-on-the-way-has-anybody-hooked-one-up-to-a-tv?reply=45352252365012047#45352252365012047   To review, I have a Sony TV hard wired to MuSo by a Cardas RCA to Mini cable into...
CreativeVisionPosted: 11 February 2015Last Updated: 14 February 2015
Any (very) easy way to tell if DVD5 has the multi-channel board installed? 
JSHPosted: 04 February 2015Last Updated: 12 February 2015
Two questions please:   I have an optical output on my TV.  Would I get better audio quality on my Qute2 direct from that via a Toslink cable or from taking the feed from my Sky box by Toslink or RCA when playing a music DVD?   If I rip...
CreativeVisionPosted: 11 February 2015Last Updated: 11 February 2015
This is probably going to be a total cinch for most readers on here. Please see back of current set up whereby the DVD5 is only being used to play CDs. How to I set it up to also play DVDs AV?    
CreativeVisionPosted: 06 February 2015Last Updated: 06 February 2015
Hi I have a lovely but somewhat ageing 3.1 set up, being Naim AV2 + NAP-V175 (and DVD 5 albeit not used) running new HDTV, Apple 3, TiVo and Blu-Ray boxes into some B&W XT4 speakers (two main, one centre and PV1D). All was working fine before adding the PV1D to the Sub output on the AV2. Now that has been added, it sounds great and powers up whenever there is .1 sound from the source. The PV1D is set up to auto switch on whenever it receives a signal from the amp. However,...
gtiboyPosted: 04 February 2015Last Updated: 05 February 2015
Has anyone replaced the generic Sky+ HDMI lead that came in the box and replaced it with anything more expensive?    There is a lot of talk saying fore and against, but the QED HDMI-P seems to get a good following on amazon and some...
SouthweststokiePosted: 05 January 2015Last Updated: 04 February 2015
I want to update my surround sound amp. However I have an Oppo 105D BluRay player which has 7.1 analogue RCA type outputs on the back. It also has speaker adjustment settings in the software for setting up the system similar to the facilities provided...
dap1Posted: 18 January 2015Last Updated: 01 February 2015
Looking to replace my ARCAM AVR350 ... nothing to do with the sound i achieve I only use it as a 5.1 set up and listen to as much music on it as i do film but it is becoming a little ( behind the times ) Anyone own any of the slimline amps ? i have looked at the Marantz 1605 ?? but i know i may have to move up the price and size scale to get close to the arcams musicality however i know time doesn't stand still and i am sure some of the more mainstream amps are as good nowadays .. any...
SouthweststokiePosted: 29 January 2015Last Updated: 01 February 2015
Hi all,   I want to connect my new Sony 55X8505 4K TV 'headphone out' to the preamp input of my 252 so that I can play the TV sound direct though my Naim system. I just want to ensure that the output from the headphone out is acceptable as a...
B-CPosted: 26 January 2015Last Updated: 26 January 2015
Hi all   I'm getting a home cinema set up. Projector, projector screen screen and an AV amp.    The thing is I'm not all that bothered about 5.1. surround and having to have 6 speakers dotted around the room.    Ideally I...
surreybeePosted: 19 January 2015Last Updated: 20 January 2015
Hello all   In looking at the posts I am afraid I feel my query may be somewhat trivial but here goes. I have just purchased a Naim Mu-So. At the same time I purchased a new Panasonic Viera LCD TV. the Mu-So appears to be working ok for the TV...
RotterramPosted: 09 January 2015Last Updated: 20 January 2015
First time post so be kind ....  I have a question.  We have bought a mu-so and used an optical connection to Pioneer Kuro PDP-508XD but no sound is coming out of the mu-so.   So far my investigations have found that I need to switch...