Home Theatre

Ting Choo WaiPosted: 16 January 2015Last Updated: 16 January 2015
Hi. My Naim XS is connected my AV receiver. I cant use any other input i.e CD if the unity gain switch is set on. Is this normal? Does this mean that i have to switch off the unity gain if I want to use other inputs?   Tks lots
DungassinPosted: 10 January 2015Last Updated: 16 January 2015
I have an Oppo 83SE, multiregion for DVD and Bluray, purchased from crtprojectors.co.uk in Jan 2010.  I am not able to address this question to them, as I believe the owner has died and the company no longer exists.  The URL for the company...
MangoMonkeyPosted: 10 November 2014Last Updated: 08 January 2015
The day I dreaded has come. The TV has moved back into the living room.   I've got the NDS/555DR 552/300 with Kudos Super 20s speakers in there right now, but might put in a NDX/SN2 in there instead.   Need to look for a Blu-Ray player +...
ZipperheadbanjoPosted: 16 December 2014Last Updated: 05 January 2015
We will be adding a new wall mounted 65 inch flat screen to our living room, so I am looking at audio options. I really don't want to hassle with a 5.1 or 7.1 system (been there … hated it). That said, I could put in a decent 2.1 system, but I always find the lack of a centre channel can make it difficult to track dialogue. Does anyone have any workarounds to this issue? Or alternatively … a recommendation for a sound bar that is decent? If I went with a 2.1 system I'd likely pick up a...
antmastPosted: 27 December 2014Last Updated: 05 January 2015
Have you ever seen the IMAX 3D leader counter tape prefixed on many 3D films. 10, 9, and 8 are both in black and white flat circle graphics. Then comes this magnificent colored 7 and it twirls and rises out the screen. It flies over your head and the...
SouthweststokiePosted: 24 December 2014Last Updated: 05 January 2015
I am thinking of upgrading my Phillips 46" Ambilight TV. SWIMBO and I were in a well known TV/Electrical equipment retailers yesterday and were captivated by the 55" LG curved screen 3D, UltraHD TV on display, selling at around £2.5k. I am unsure about this new technology and wondered if anyone here has experience or knowledge of it and can advise what, if any, are the pitfalls to be aware of? I would also appreciate any suggestions for competitive makes that we should consider. As a final...
SkipPosted: 30 November 2014Last Updated: 05 January 2015
We auditioned a Mu-So in LA and bought it on the spot.  I hope it will replace my Meridian F-80 as a TV soundbar, with the option to stream music via iTunes and eventually NAS.  I will either take a feed off the TV, or off a Comcast cable...
HT-NaimeePosted: 03 January 2015Last Updated: 04 January 2015
Hi guys and a Happy New Year to all of you!   I guess my year got of to a great start in many ways, but not in my Naim system. Think it got scared by all the fireworks, so now I have to play doctor   Well, my AV2 has started acting up again....
dap1Posted: 02 January 2015Last Updated: 03 January 2015
Have an Arcam 350 AVR loved it for along as I've owned it but wanted a dedicated 2 channel stereo system for dining room  .. probably 11ft by 10 ft so not a massive room and even the U.L is a little overkill for the size of the room and I think a...
Mr UnderhillPosted: 27 December 2014Last Updated: 30 December 2014
So what movies have you been watching this Christmas? In this household it has been a mixture of mainly old and a few new: A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stewart & Alistair Simm versions) A Muppet Christmas Carol Its a Wonderful Life Miracle on 34th Street (Natalie Wood) The Court Jester Dallas Buyers Club Aliens Babe Guardians of the Galaxy Thor: Dark World Malificent Frozen My Fair Lady .......amongst others! Happy Christmas, and have a great 2015! M
George JPosted: 09 August 2014Last Updated: 16 December 2014
I do not what a really great film is, but apart from The Cruel Sea, and A Night To Remember, I find it has compelled me to watch as attentively and as often as Tinker Taylor, Soldier Spy, Smiley's People, and A Perfect Spy, apart from Find Hansen's...
The MeerkatPosted: 07 December 2014Last Updated: 16 December 2014
I have an excellent Bose 5.1 surround system. However, the huge Sub, the wiring, especially for the rear speakers, is a pain in the butt.   I want to use my Supernait and my Spendor A5's as the front speakers for a 5.1 system. My Sony AV receiver...
SouthweststokiePosted: 11 December 2014Last Updated: 12 December 2014
I have the above hard drive recorder and I notice that the hard drive appears to be running whenever the box is switched on even when it's not recording or I am not watching a recorded programme. Does anyone know if this is normal or is there...
SouthweststokiePosted: 04 December 2014Last Updated: 06 December 2014
I need to move my TV Freeview+HD box which means extending the signal cable. I have some left over satellite dish signal cable (PF100 CAT 00695) left over. Can this be used to make up a new lead to run from the TV ariel socket in the lounge wall to...
OldgitPosted: 16 November 2014Last Updated: 01 December 2014
Hi Folks, Can anyone advise me if what I am going to suggest will work? What I have at present is an Oppo 105 a Uniti qute 2 and an Primare power amp along with a Rel sub. The Oppo has 7.1 outputs, so if I connected the L & R output from the Oppo to the analogue inputs on the Qute2, then changed the Oppo output to variable from the fixed setting so the volume is controlled by the Oppo. I assume that I would have to select and stick to the same volume on the Qute when I wanted to...
joerandPosted: 08 November 2014Last Updated: 30 November 2014
I've experienced burn-in with audio products, but never thought about it with other electronics. Having just bought a HDTV, I have to say that, unexpectedly, the picture improved noticeably over the first few hours of use. Interestingly, I...
domdenPosted: 25 November 2014Last Updated: 25 November 2014
Is it possible to hook up the tv( 5 series 60 inch plasma)through the 202 in some way? Absolutely skint at the moment so looking for any alternative to vibration hell of wall mounted  TV.
DarkWhisperPosted: 06 September 2014Last Updated: 15 November 2014
After years of listen and not missing a beat my amp has a intermittent fault. so its time to look for a replacement. At what price bracket should i be looking at to replace a ARCAM Alpha av50 With thanks Drew
LokiPosted: 08 November 2014Last Updated: 13 November 2014
Anyone heard the latest in surround sound processing?
DungassinPosted: 11 November 2014Last Updated: 13 November 2014
My Oppo 83SE bluray player (multiregion for DVD and bluray) has been having fairly frequent episodes of 'freezing' while playing back DVDs.  I suspect it may be 'dying'.  Anyone suggest anything to improve things and perhaps avoid the need...
Mike GundryPosted: 08 November 2014Last Updated: 10 November 2014
Upgrade ageing Yamaha DSP E 800? I have a Yamaha DSP E800 which is connected with my Naim NAC202,NAP200 and I have disconnected all of my hifi prior to new carpet being fitted I have been out of the loop for some time I upgraded my Linn LK1 LK2 to Naim in the UK before moving to New Zealand 11 years ago. And haven’t used the system to its full potential as habits change with our new surroundings used mostly now for internet radio 3.5 connected to Naim via smart-phone or the occasional bluray...
hoodiePosted: 05 November 2014Last Updated: 05 November 2014
Hi, this is my first post (yes, sad isn`t it!!?)   I currently use a DVD5 via component to a panasonic projector, does anybody know of a Blu ray player that is better? It has to be via component as my projector only has a non- HDCP compliant...
winkyincanadaPosted: 03 November 2014Last Updated: 03 November 2014
My Mini is set to play video via a new Sharp TV. Since installing Yosemite, iTunes won't play video. I get a "No HDCP Display" error. Idiotic anti-copy DRM bull$h!+.   Does anyone have any suggestions?   Thanks in advance.
boardPosted: 01 November 2014Last Updated: 01 November 2014
I'm considering buying a used Marantz DV6500 DVD/SACD player and connect it to an external Parasound Z-DAC and use it as a CD player. But the Marantz has no remote control. I had a Marantz integrated amp before buying my Naim kit (200 and 202), and I...
rupertPosted: 22 October 2014Last Updated: 24 October 2014
Hi I would would like to hide my Moniter audio 390 in a cupboard it will be a tight fit ,does it need much ventilation and take door off about 1inch clearance both sides.