Streaming Audio

dragoPosted: 05 November 2018Last Updated: 10 November 2018
Hi to everyone, I recently upgraded to an HDX nDAC and I do love this machine sooo much! Unfortunately the HDX freezes some times. He does this out of nothing during playback. Then there is no way of handling it. No contat through remote control, app, browser client or DTC (the DTC is going into re-connect, which dosnt work). The music playback is still giong on. If I touch the touchscreen the naim "Disc logo" with "please wait" is coming up. The screen stays for a while and then for a split...
joromaPosted: 10 November 2018Last Updated: 10 November 2018
Preset 1 is empty how do I save radio paradise naim to that preset? I have the manual but still can't do it!
JazzDocNaimPosted: 10 November 2018Last Updated: 10 November 2018
I was wondering if we have any JPLAY users in our midst. I've recently installed JPLAY Femto, the upgrade from JPLAY 6.2. It really is very good and offers a significant upgrade in sound quality over the previous version.
Gordon LauPosted: 09 November 2018Last Updated: 10 November 2018
I have just upgraded my router from Apple AirPort Extreme to Linksys Velop. Problem: I couldn’t get my NDX to recognise the new network. When NDX searches new network, all I could get are some weird network names and none of them can’t be logged in. Any clues please?
PederPosted: 09 November 2018Last Updated: 10 November 2018
As the headline says,..Has anyone here heard this "IBasso DX200 DAP,Dual DAC". Or have any other experience with this product. IBasso DX200 DAP, Dual DAC..???????? https://i.imgur.com/A92HcQj.jpg Peder????
iliriaPosted: 07 November 2018Last Updated: 10 November 2018
Looking to buy a wireless pseaker for my son to use in his bedroom. It will mainly be used to stream from Spotify. There is a myriad of offerings out there. Which one would be recommended please?
Double Diamond DavePosted: 09 November 2018Last Updated: 10 November 2018
My question is regarding all Naim streaming products that have an optional power supply upgrade such as NDS, NDX & ND5 XS & will also include all the new generation players My question is are there any advantages adding an external power supply to any of these players if i am using the digital output from them rather than the analogue ones ?
TimoPosted: 07 November 2018Last Updated: 10 November 2018
We will be wiring up the house — ethernet sockets in the open-plan living space and bedrooms for more stable personal computing and, importantly, more stable streamed music throughout the house. But what ethernet cable standard shall I pick — CAT 6 or 7? Does it make any difference? Cheers! Timo
GuinnlessPosted: 09 November 2018Last Updated: 09 November 2018
Can't tell any difference so far. Anybody know what's changed ?
Gavin MayPosted: 07 November 2018Last Updated: 08 November 2018
I’ve upgraded my Uniti Star to 2.6.1 and am now getting issues with it not turning on when it has gone to sleep. Had to hard reboot it twice now. The proximity sensor isn’t turning it on either. I’ve also noticed it clicking when not in use. Anyone else getting this?
El_SoldadoPosted: 30 October 2018Last Updated: 08 November 2018
I have used Multiroom playback reasonably regularly between a SU and UQ2, both on the current firmware, with no issues. In the last few days I get the following message: "A Maximum of 0 Multiroom Clients is supported". Any guesses as to what's wrong? I have power cycled both streamers.
Bill_nycPosted: 04 November 2018Last Updated: 08 November 2018
I have been using a Naim UnitiServe for about eight years. My classical music (~500 CD's) is stored in WAV format, using the UnitiServe's database for metadata. Presumably at some point I will need or want to replace the UnitiServe. When I do, I'd like to have the option of going with any brand. In case I go with a non-Naim music player, is there any way to port the music short of backing up the music into FLAC format? I'd like to avoid re-reripping all my classical CD's.
DerelictPosted: 01 November 2018Last Updated: 08 November 2018
I currently have an Atom which I love, I use Spotify for everyday listening and a CD player connected to it for serious listening of my 1000+ CD connection. The CD player has given up finally and I am going to start ripping the CDs. It also has the TV connected to it. Now - I have an old Mac Mini (retired) in the study (with the internet router, so I could patch the mac mini into the router) that works well, and it has a CD drive. I want to start ripping all of these CDs, use the Mac as a...
oldneilPosted: 08 November 2018Last Updated: 08 November 2018
Hi. Looking for tips regarding good sounding radio stations. 320 is a must!
dave marshallPosted: 07 November 2018Last Updated: 07 November 2018
Hi, Having recently had my HDX off to Naim for a service, which included the fitting of a new 2Tb drive, I now need to sort out the HDX automatically backing up the music to my QNAP nas. I assume I do this via the nServe app on my MacBook Pro, but I can't readily see how to go about things. Any help from HDX / QNAP experts out there would be most welcome, though I will need step by step instructions, in view of my limited knowledge of all things computery and networking. Thanks in advance, Dave.
John ByrnePosted: 29 October 2018Last Updated: 07 November 2018
Can I add my vote for having a NAIM app for Windows 10 surface?
Bryce CurdyPosted: 22 October 2018Last Updated: 07 November 2018
So I’ve been playing about with Roon and pretty impressed to the extent that I might stop using the Naim app for playing my NAS library. But at one point I was curious to clarify whether Roon had changed a piece of album artwork from the one in my library and was too lazy to get off my backside and thought I would just access Asset through the Naim app but it’s no longer seeing the server (it is seeing the QNAS). I thought perhaps I needed to close down the Roon core on my PC but that’s not...
pipetPosted: 06 November 2018Last Updated: 06 November 2018
Is it possible to instruct the Unity Atom - e.g. through a particular directory of file naming convention or other means - not to index files on a drive attached to the USB port? I just put a 1TB M2 SSD drive in a tiny USB enclosure and copied all my music to it. Overall, more than 40,000 files. Since the Atom can index only 20,000 files, and since I have everything organized in a tidy folder structure anyway, I would like to prevent the Atom from indexing the files on the drive (I imagine...
NaimtecPosted: 06 November 2018Last Updated: 06 November 2018
Do any of the of the NDX2 or Nd555 owners know how to stop or pause an internet radio station. Previously on my Ndx I used the stop button in the app but this seems to have disappeared with the NDX2. The only way I have found is to select another station or change to server and select a track.
Stevie BartPosted: 05 November 2018Last Updated: 06 November 2018
Hi all I have a Zyxel NAS drive feeding via network switch to a NDX2. The Zyxel is a very basic 4yr old unit NSA 310 My question is fairly simple: Whilst I am very satisfied with the setup, could I expect an improvement in sound quality by upgrading the NAS
SimonbPosted: 05 November 2018Last Updated: 06 November 2018
hi my muso has gone into meltdown, constantly switching sources. I’ve tried all resets and still the same. I’ve tried ringing customer services for 2 days but no answer. any ideas as to what the problem is or how to fix?
e24djenggosPosted: 06 November 2018Last Updated: 06 November 2018
Hi, have anyone match lumin with naim amp. My concern is the hum cause by a non naim source to a naim amp. Ground loop noise. Compare lumin D2 upgraded linear power supply to the new nd5 xs2. Please advise.
EcholanePosted: 10 October 2018Last Updated: 06 November 2018
I have a Windows 7 Desktop Computer in a bedroom with a nearby Netgear Blackhawk Router. My music system is in the living room with the Naim Uniti Core connected to the Router via Cat6a Ethernet. When trying to use File Manager to inspect the SSD with it’s library of newly ripped WAV albums, I was denied access to the file. Windows insisted I first assign a Media Player. I couldn’t open the file otherwise. Having only the Windows Media Player to choose from, I opted for the Windows Media...
JimDogPosted: 30 October 2018Last Updated: 06 November 2018
I have a 272 and CD5i, so my streamed music sounds much better than my CDs or my records. I should be able to buy a decent QNAP/NAS to rip CDs to in the next year and do home streaming from. I currently use the Tidal programme as installed on the 272 - but cannot see which tracks are MQA as I operate it from the Naim app on an iPad. After the free trial I may try out Qobuz as Tidal has quite a poor selection of tracks for most artists I like. I want to build a library of top quality digital...
wilro15Posted: 03 November 2018Last Updated: 06 November 2018
I am struggling to figure out how to play all tracks from a genre. This sounds like it should be simple… I am using Asset UPnP on macos, Naim NAC-N 272 and Naim iOS control app. So I choose Genre > Classical > Album > [All Albums] > [Shuffle Tracks] I’m then presented with a list of shuffled tracks (great). However, if I play a track it only plays that track and then stops. How do I make it play all tracks in the list? I also tried going to Genre > Classical > Titles >...