Streaming Audio

JimDogPosted: 26 September 2018Last Updated: 15 November 2018
Do you think Naim should (or could) retrofit Qobuz to the 272 and other streamers with an update?
Andrew HerdPosted: 15 November 2018Last Updated: 15 November 2018
Anybody else having this problem? I have upgraded both to Airplay 2, but only the Mu-So shows up in the Homekit main page and the Atom is playing stubbornly hard to get, with the consequence that I can only play music on one at a time when I stoop to playing it off my phone (-: All ideas, insults and accusations of complete idiocy welcomed. Andrew
Iver van de ZandPosted: 15 November 2018Last Updated: 15 November 2018
my NDX-2 today automatically went into a firmware upgrade (which ran perfectly by the way). It is now on version 3.0.2.3997 ... i haven’t seen any info on the Naim website. Was this a scheduled firmware update. Anyone know specifications on what it exactly did? Iver
NickBidenPosted: 14 November 2018Last Updated: 15 November 2018
Apologies if this has already been asked but sometimes simply getting the right search terms is a challenge! The situation is this. I have both a Unitiqute 1 and a MuSo Qb on the same network. (i've switched off the wireless extender to eliminate that aspect). The UnitiQute is on an ethernet connection whilst the Qb is on a wireless connection. The App on my Xperia XZ2 compact can find both devices and will control the Qb. It finds the Qute but won't connect for the purposes of control and...
NachoPosted: 15 November 2018Last Updated: 15 November 2018
I have a UnitiServe-SSD with 10,000 discs ripped in a Nas Synology. From time to time he goes into "updating" mode and brings about four or more days to complete the process. While in "updating" mode I can not rip. The question is whether the process can be stopped without harming the system and how to do it.
jsaudioPosted: 14 November 2018Last Updated: 15 November 2018
I had to run my ethernet cable almost 50 feet with a 10 foot segment outdoors to go from my router and switch to my 272. Seems to work fine but does anyone see this as a potential problem especially in the sub-freezing winter weather.
balma01Posted: 14 November 2018Last Updated: 15 November 2018
I’m streaming usb music stored on my iPhone to a naimuniti ( first model) using the usb front input. It works! How to stream from an app like soundcloud or amazon music using the usb connection ?
AnavrinPosted: 13 November 2018Last Updated: 14 November 2018
I’ve just updated my MuSo QB today and I’ll be updating my big MuSo tomorrow, Am I correct in assuming there will soon be an update for the Uniti range for Airplay 2? Hopefully will it will include the odd bug fix, I had a Star which the HDMI arc input from my TV worked (most of the time) I now have the Nova and so far I haven’t got the HDMI to work at all, I’m sure I remember a few grumbles from Nova owners a while back about HDMI so I figured it was a firmware issue.
AlanJPosted: 12 November 2018Last Updated: 14 November 2018
I’m relatively new to streaming and use of the Naim app and have a query related to the way the app works. I am running Asset UpNp on windows 10 currently (not ideal, I know, but have not yet purchased a NAS). When I fire up the Naim app on iPhone or iPad I find there is a wait of anything up to 1min before the Asset UpNp servers are detected. If I fire up on both devices (iPad and iPhone) they both discover the servers simultaneously. The issue also applies if I’m playing music and the...
MichaelSchPosted: 30 October 2018Last Updated: 13 November 2018
Hi, My SuperUnity display started a couple of months ago to weaken it intensity at certain pixels. It has grown worse and has now spread to the whole display. The display is so weak now, that I can hardly read it. It started over the summer and gradually got worse. What to do? Is it easy to replace? Michael
RobbertPosted: 13 November 2018Last Updated: 13 November 2018
Does the new NDX has a pre amp functie? (which you can use with the remote app)
ConsciousmessPosted: 12 November 2018Last Updated: 13 November 2018
I am curious here, as my present hifi mission is fully load up my HDX hard drive with wide ranges of music. Before I go ahead and buy external hard drives, I thought I’d check with the forum, as technology has moved on since the HDX release. And I love the item. So would a USB powered 1Tb drive be recognised as extra storage for the HDX? Cheers!
W J McKinlayPosted: 12 November 2018Last Updated: 13 November 2018
There's lots of helpful advice on this issue in an earlier topic from 12/21/14, now closed, which nearly fixed the problem for me. The issue was that on the Streamer Updater I did not get the "SLAB_USBtoUART" option in the dropdown. I have an iMac, and had been logged in as a lower-level username rather than as the Administrator level log-in. Despite inputting the iMac Administrator username and password when prompted during the software instal process I couldn't see the "SLAB_USBtoUART"...
jarvicsevenPosted: 12 November 2018Last Updated: 13 November 2018
I'm using a Naim Atom as the amplifier for my desktop computer set up, My problem is the stupid thing switch's itself off all the time, I've only had it for 3 days and am already sick to the back teeth of having to switch it back on! Thinking about returning it to the shop, Never had this problem with the Rega Brio R that it replaced, Any advice on how to stop it constantly doing this please? Thanks in advance.
MerckyPosted: 10 November 2018Last Updated: 13 November 2018
Just been reading the news reports on the devastating fires in California, Malibu is endangered with many stars evacuated and further north the town of Paradise has apparently been very badly hit, tuning in this morning they seem to be still on air and reading the forum on their website Bill has said everyone’s safe and that they’re not currently in Paradise so perhaps they operate from elsewhere now, nasty though with many fatalities apparently
Pierre BPosted: 05 November 2018Last Updated: 13 November 2018
The front display of my Naim Uniti offered to me in 2010 has dimmed and dimmed to eventually become unreadable. This is a quite easy part to replace (just like the remote control receiver I replaced some years ago) but I am told that Naim refuse to sell spare parts to consumers. I contacted my local dealer who told me I was lucky that Naim would charge “only” some 370 Euros to repair it. And now, it happens that this local dealer will close business by end of December this year and is...
KarenPosted: 12 November 2018Last Updated: 12 November 2018
Good day to all, Does anybody have the link to the instructions for the manual update method. My NDS meets the requirement for the update to 4.6. However, I have been unable to find instructions that covers the process. I have done this procedure a few times in the past but I depend on the instructions. Thanks
PatPosted: 09 November 2018Last Updated: 12 November 2018
just received my brand new NAC272 in replacement of Uniti. Sounds great with NAP200. Unfortunately the streaming of my music stored on Synology NAS is not possible. The music plays for a few seconds stops and restarts after to stop again. strange wise the streaming works with a QB located next room and a Sonoro streamer. Did anyone experience the same issue and better solve it ?? Tks
Plant PotPosted: 10 November 2018Last Updated: 12 November 2018
Hello, I have given up on the Naim app for creating playlists as they seem to get jumbled up with time. I‘ve tried to researching how to create a playlist in Assett (on a QNap Nas) but without success. I know it involves m3u files and I think I need some application to create them (on a Mac). Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of an idiots guide or suitable application? MAny thanks, Matthew
t@rmacPosted: 11 November 2018Last Updated: 12 November 2018
Hi , Actually streaming Qobuz via Bubble upnp (installed on Nas ) to the 272 , is anyone that transcode "on the fly" flac to wav ? Is it possible ?
Mike-BPosted: 07 November 2018Last Updated: 12 November 2018
Hi folks, I'm looking for some advise & experience with ReplayGain. I have a number DSD albums all of which have a volume level lower than PCM (WAV) & older PCM albums that are also at a lower volume compared to modern albums. Its not a big issue but it is mildly annoying. I use Asset UPnP & note it has a facility to apply ReplayGain. As I understand it I will need to re-scan my library with dBpoweramp to embedded a ReplayGain ID Tag in the metadata. I also read that applying...
nockerPosted: 01 November 2018Last Updated: 12 November 2018
came to use the HDX tonight And it will not get past the starting screen. Many ideas? I have switched off and taken Ethernet cable out a couple of times.
Steve EPosted: 12 November 2018Last Updated: 12 November 2018
Hi can somebody tell me the functionality of the options button on the remote,if if press mine nothing happens,is this normal?.many thanks.
GeeJayPosted: 07 November 2018Last Updated: 11 November 2018
If not aware folks...... F/W 3.0.2 is now available for ND 555, NDX 2 and ND5 XS 2. Quote; 3.0.2 - Network Players Patch Release Fixes Fixed: Multiroom audio not working when sending from original Uniti/Streamers and Mu-so to new Streamers (ND5 XS 2) Improved: Responsiveness of external preamp volume control when using system automation (ND 555, NDX 2) Fixed: ND555 buttons and Logo sometimes at wrong brightness when leaving standby (ND 555) Fixed: Now playing bitrate not populated on...
PatPosted: 11 November 2018Last Updated: 11 November 2018
TIDAL or SPOTIFY are the streaming choices proposed by Naim Could QOBUZ become an alternative? BR