Streaming Audio

fatcatPosted: 22 November 2018Last Updated: 22 November 2018
I’m considering buying a Muso QB. From what I can gather, I won’t be able to load the Naim app onto my Windows phone. I have an android phone that is about 4 years old, with an old version of android. I seem to recall my fitbit watch will only work with newer version of android. Is there a list of android version that are compatable with the naim app. Also, will the Muso stream BBC iplayer.
jGolf53Posted: 22 November 2018Last Updated: 22 November 2018
Since many of us are having continuing problems streaming Tidal HiFi on our various Naim components......any suggestions on how to stream Deezer on my Naim NAC N-272. I would like to have a high def music streaming service to complement my CORE CD collection...and found Tidal (when it worked) to be an excellent way to sample and discover new artists or music.... I just can't figure out how to add Dezer directly to the Naim app. I'm not too keen on adding another streamer input....suggestions...
David-welshPosted: 22 November 2018Last Updated: 22 November 2018
new purchaser if the naim muso , great sound system but the app, not impressed. I am hoping others can give me advice what am i getting wrong. is there any way of changing the input options on the front page. I want tidal and optical inputs on frront page with usb and spotify relegated to the 2nd / slide page?
VoltairePosted: 08 November 2018Last Updated: 22 November 2018
So, I was a Tidal hifi subscriber streaming to my Qute 2 nicely and then I left Tidal for a while. I have now returned to Tidal with the same account but as a premium subscriber and the Tidal app itself works great but when I try to stream to the Qute I keep getting the "can't play. Skipped track" message on the Qute display no matter what I try to play! Any help or advice much appreciated. Gordon
sjtPosted: 21 November 2018Last Updated: 22 November 2018
I just got Audirvana for Windows recently and I mainly use it to stream music from my computer at work to my portable rig (USB -> Chord Hugo 1 + Shure SE846). My existing setup indoors is Assert UPnP + Bubble UPnP server on my NAS (Bubble proxies the Asset + Qobuz and transcodes to wav), streaming to my 272. The 272 is connected via wired ethernet and a dedicated router to the NAS. I use Kazoo on my home laptop to as a control point. As far as I have read on here, this is reasonable...
JaptimscarletPosted: 21 November 2018Last Updated: 22 November 2018
Finally got totally fed up with the crap naim app on Android for my Core and NDS and bought a cheap iPad 4 for £70 What a difference... It's actually a pleasure to look though my music , change inputs and volume , search radio stations etc .. and it all works! Best budget upgrade I've made yet
HardBopPosted: 10 November 2018Last Updated: 20 November 2018
I've downloaded the trial version of Audirvana+ for windows and the remote app. My intention was to compare it as music server to Plex which I currently use. The server (on my PC) feeds into the nDac via ethernet with CCA acting as the streamer, with Ipad as the controller. However, I may be misunderstanding what A+ can do using my set up. Can it be used with CCA or alternatively via the Ipad using USB into the Dac? Unfortunately there does not appear to be access to the User Preferences...
sjtPosted: 19 November 2018Last Updated: 20 November 2018
I have Asset UPnP server, and bubble to do the proxying. It seems both can transcode to WAV, so any thoughts on which one is better to do the transcoding? I am controlling a 272 with Linn Kazoo. I dont know if it makes any difference, but at the moment Asset and Bubble are both on the NAS, but I am going to try moving bubble to a raspberry pi because a) I read on here that it might sound better and b) its a bit of fun to play with the raspberry pi. Thanks for any advice
pjlargePosted: 18 November 2018Last Updated: 20 November 2018
Would anyone that happens to have a Muso and Roon be able to check that Roon still has control over the Muso since the latest update? I have an Intel NUC running Roon ROCK and everything's been flawless for months. Updated the Muso today and now Roon won't connect to the Muso over Airplay. Rebooted everything, disabled and re-enabled the Muso in Roon, no dice...
HefrancPosted: 19 November 2018Last Updated: 20 November 2018
I recently acquired a combination of Naim Uniti Atom and Core; I've started to copy all my CDs in Core; some are unknown in the Metadata base and Core gives them a name in a form like "Unknown + number"; I would like to change the name so that I can recognize this CD in my Core library. Does someone know how to do this? Thanks for your help Hefranc
blythePosted: 18 November 2018Last Updated: 20 November 2018
I am trying to update my Superuniti to Firmware 4.6 as it's currently on firmware 4.4 My MacBook is running OSX Mojave. I have connected the SU to my MacBook via USB cable (the same one I used to update to v4.4) and I've installed the USB driver. The USB driver is showing up in "About This Mac" under System Report/Hardware/USB as "CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller", so I believe it is correctly installed. I then run "Naim Streamer Updater" and follow the step by step instructions but when...
DjefPosted: 17 November 2018Last Updated: 19 November 2018
HI, First) I follow the uniqute 1 24/96 upgrade advice from Naim and bought a nap 200 that provide power to a pair of kef ls50. Then) I 've been lucky enough to try a 172 xs to replace Qute well that didn't go that well I find that the Qute have punchy togetherness that is missing from the 172 xs wich is more analytic and cold in my view plus I had difficulties managing the lower mid bass with the 172 xs and you need to trust your ear .... From what I read in this forum that doesn't make...
SpyderTracksPosted: 19 November 2018Last Updated: 19 November 2018
Hi all In case you haven't heard, Spotify have just made a major change to their Spotify Connect to allow free tier users to connect to Spotify Connect speakers. All that's required is an update to the speakers firmware, so there's every hope that Naim will include that in an update in the not-too-distant future once it's been officially released: https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/free-spotify-connect-news/
Rocker1Posted: 30 October 2018Last Updated: 19 November 2018
Hello everyone, I experienced an issue with the display on my new NDX-2. When I am switching tracks, occasionly the display freezes and does not show the current track information/cover art, but those from the previous track. Although the new track plays without problems. The only way to resolve this is a complete restart (disconnect from mains). Switching to standby and back to operating has no effect. I am streaming FLAC files from my Synology NAS via Ethernet cable connection. I never saw...
Stevie BartPosted: 09 November 2018Last Updated: 19 November 2018
Does anyone know please, if it is legal to record a tidal stream to Flac for one's own use?
sjtPosted: 09 November 2018Last Updated: 18 November 2018
I am using Linn Kazoo on windows to control my 272, and bubble upnp does the transcoding and proxying. Often Kazoo looses connection to the 272 - i.e. it cannot see the 272 renderer. It seems to correspond with the computer running Kazoo sleeping (it loses connection after I wake it up) and the only solution I have found is to restart the bubble upnp server. Then everything works again. Is there any way I can stop kazoo losing connection with the renderer? I am lost for ideas, so any help...
MortalWombatUKPosted: 16 November 2018Last Updated: 18 November 2018
I have demoed an Atom and was hugely impressed. Just had a couple of questions regarding ripping music. I am aware that a NAS with appropriate software (Asset, Minim and a number of others seem popular choices) is the preferred topology for ripped music. However, I will need to save up a bit more cash before I take that route. 1) I can have a USB SDD connected off the back of the Atom with ripped CDs on it. What software is best to rip music onto an SSD (best SQ and best metadata creation).
CraigDPosted: 16 November 2018Last Updated: 18 November 2018
Been using the Muso for 2 years & whilst the sounds is great, the app & overall experience are rotten. Had it not been such an investment I'd have replaced it by now. 1. App is crap. I play a song from an album, and to get back to the range of albums I have I need to go right back to the room setup. Can't ever seem to go straight back to album list. 2. Fairly regular (once a week maybe) need to restart phone to use app. It loses the server. 3. Twice had to fully restart entire system...
fathings catPosted: 18 November 2018Last Updated: 18 November 2018
Last couple of albums I have tried to play on Tidal via my NDS won’t play, (The good, the bad and the queen and Primal scream) . They play fine on the app on my iPad but when using my main system you can select the album but it won’t play. Am I doing something stupid? Thanks Gary
T38.45Posted: 16 November 2018Last Updated: 17 November 2018
Fantastic review of ND555 ...it's in german but you may ask Mr. translate! click Naim ND555
AndySPosted: 17 November 2018Last Updated: 17 November 2018
Just picked up a Naim DAC and was wondering how everyone is buying their music in addition to using the DACs inputs? I also have an iPhone and my car has a hdd in it so I was wondering what would be the best method of purchasing music so that I could listen across those platforms and in time I plan to buy a naim streamer. I don’t have any cds to burn as always been a vinyl guy. Thanks and apologies for such a basic question.
EcholanePosted: 15 November 2018Last Updated: 17 November 2018
i would much like to subscribe to one or more of these services. I am currently stuck because much to my regret the Naim Uniti Core does not support any. I’d like to add another Naim streamer to my system, but the other Naim products support only two subscription services to my knowledge (Tidal and I think Spotify), and they don’t offer me a huge catalog to suit my classical music interests. So what about those of you with other Naim products. How do you listen to these other non-Naim...
Paul.FayPosted: 14 November 2018Last Updated: 16 November 2018
I am seeking advice regarding my U A, if I should not put it on standby mode and keep it on at all times?
Mr UnderhillPosted: 10 October 2018Last Updated: 16 November 2018
My front end for the past couple of years has been the Sonore ultraRendu > SingXer F1. Last weekend a friend came over with his DCS Network Bridge. This had a tad more resolution and a tad more dynamics - as well as greatly simplifying the spaghetti of cables & LT3045s I have cleaning the DC. All for £3,250. This got me thinking, the thoughts including: Is it really worth an additional £2k? What about the Auralic G1 or G2? Which effects the SQ more, the F1 or the uR? and How good is...
ObsydianPosted: 27 August 2018Last Updated: 16 November 2018
I recently added the aforementioned fuse to my Wireworld 6 way distribution, after adding a number of Belden mains cables, note the Wireworld feeds only my Router, Switch, Fibre Bridge, TV and Sky box, the Nova is sited away and is powered off another mains outlet. This is the reason I posted this on the Streaming thread. The SR Blue Fuse has had me overwhelmed for quite a few days now, is has an steady break in, but to me the best way to describe the improvement is like major amp upgrade.