Streaming Audio

AndyMacPosted: 25 January 2009Last Updated: 25 January 2009
I have a problem where I can see music shared from my PC but only 30 seconds will play then all stops. Am I doing somthing wrong? Also after reading some related posts, it looks like I should be able to see the ripped files stored on the HDX from my...
JackPosted: 20 January 2009Last Updated: 23 January 2009
I've been in the process of transferring much of my vinyl to CD for a number of years but more recently just to hard disk so I can play through my hard disk system.The question is whether it is worth recording vinyl onto hard disk in 24/96? I have...
DHTPosted: 13 January 2009Last Updated: 23 January 2009
I am going to compare my CD player, ( Naim ) against a cheap transport and Dac ( Weiss ), then I am going to use the macbook as a transport and listen to the same CD with the Weiss DAC, has everyone done this sort of comparison already ? What is the...
badlyreadPosted: 20 January 2009Last Updated: 20 January 2009
Hi All,My new CA DacMagic has balanced XLR outputs. I'm currently using the phonos to my Nait 2 from a SB3. I'm completely new to XLR. Is there any advantage over phono? Balanced?Help appreciated.Neil
pcstocktonPosted: 16 January 2009Last Updated: 20 January 2009
Have I found the answer to all my ills?Possibly.- Native support of ASIO, rather than with plug-ins as with Foobar. Not sure why but I like the idea of this better. Especially considering there are at least 3 different plug-ins for Foobar.- Bit...
djs1784Posted: 09 January 2009Last Updated: 18 January 2009
I am looking at HDX and have these questions.Can HDX rip to attached storage or NAS ?Can other computers see the HDX internal drive and the WAV files on HDX hardrive ? Can HDX share the files I rip on HDX on my network so I can import them to other...
chaliapinPosted: 12 January 2009Last Updated: 16 January 2009
Hello one and all with a belated Happy New Year for good measure.I've read lots of threads in the main hi-fi forum about the importance of Naim leads and the sterling qualities of Graham's Hydras etc. I've been therefore been wondering if the...
garyiPosted: 08 January 2009Last Updated: 15 January 2009
the HDX/Ns01s new control interface.http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/01/08/asus_eee_t91/
KnockKnockPosted: 27 December 2008Last Updated: 15 January 2009
Hello guys (and girls)I am having a HDX player for test, but I cannot stream music from my Mac (iMac, 20", OSX10.5.6.) to workAny ideas what I can have missed? The thing mentioned in the manual typing index.html?movie and so on don´t work on...
OcceanPosted: 05 January 2009Last Updated: 13 January 2009
Well I have been continuing my quest to find a network audio replacement for my CD5 (which is sold)Currently running a Sonos as a transport, which I have been running through my Pioneer THX av amp, into my 112/150 and Spendor s5e's. It's not bad.But...
AdeFPosted: 29 December 2008Last Updated: 13 January 2009
Perhaps I should not have done this (the Desktop Client software did not issue dire warnings) but on Saturday p.m., via the Desktop client software, I told my HDX to rebuild its database - and then restarted the HDX to allow it to do so. There are...
Claus-ThoegersenPosted: 09 January 2009Last Updated: 13 January 2009
I was over at the naimnet site, and was reminded about the room amplifier, wich seems to be the simple one box sollution to get a multiroom system up and running. This amp seems to have a DA converter inside, since it has digital inputs, and it must...
MickyblueyesPosted: 10 January 2009Last Updated: 12 January 2009
Having been using AirTunes > AE optically out into my SN for some time now and moving onto a separate Tranquil music server I thought I'd give a SBox Duet a go.Having got it going on my network with the same Mac serving both it and the AE the same...
LarkPosted: 09 January 2009Last Updated: 10 January 2009
HiI have a good number of CDs ripped into my MAC now and love its ability to act as a jukebox etc. However it seems that the differences in the output volume of albums is more noticeable than through my old CD player. I might be imagining it's worse,...
adymcdPosted: 05 January 2009Last Updated: 10 January 2009
I have just bought an apple tv, it was a bit of an impulse buy while in the apple store at the weekend.Firstly let me clarify that I am not looking to replace my cd as a source just get better access to the 200 albumns stored on my pc in iTunes.My...
geetee1972Posted: 06 January 2009Last Updated: 09 January 2009
First off this is a genuine (rather than a rhetorical) question - I'm certainly not being negative or sarcastic. I notice that on the recommended systems section, both a HDX and a CDX2 or CDS3 are included - what does the HDX do (in terms of muic...
Alan APosted: 06 January 2009Last Updated: 08 January 2009
An invitation to have a look at the new fresh NaimNet website at www.naimnet.comYou can see how our vision of bit-perfect distribution of music from an HDX into one or more additional rooms with really simple but powerful control has finally come into...
David LeedhamPosted: 30 December 2008Last Updated: 08 January 2009
I have been the proud owner of a new HDX as from Xmas eve. I have found the connection to the internet working straight from the box. I use a mobile broadband internet access with 3 G, a wireless router and mains based Ethernet connection from the...
Bruce WoodhousePosted: 02 January 2009Last Updated: 05 January 2009
I'm kicking around replacing my CDS3 with an HDX.I've been looking through this part of the Forum and I'll be honest, much of it is absolute gobbledegook to me, and I cannot find the answers to some fairly simple questions. I'm not a PC network...
DHTPosted: 05 December 2008Last Updated: 04 January 2009
Has anyone tried the Weiss Minerva firewire dac, it has AES and firewire connections, it looks like an elegant sytem with a macbook?I would be interested to hear your thought compared to the usual suspects.
pcstocktonPosted: 19 December 2008Last Updated: 03 January 2009
I am a new iPhoniphile... Best piece of electronics I have ever laid my hands on.Controlling Foobar by way of my wifi network from anywhere in the house is very nice. I am using Intelliremote.Of course I dont use iTunes so I do not get the benefit of...
daveaPosted: 01 January 2009Last Updated: 03 January 2009
Hi there, I would like to be able to remotely control my Supernait from a PC interface. I can see it is fitted with RC5 remote in/out connectors, which can presumably be used to interface via a suitable device. Does anyone know if the relevant...
BobFPosted: 18 December 2008Last Updated: 03 January 2009
I just picked up a HDX today, loaded 15 CD, turned it off (standby then back switch, moved it to another room to play some music, it won't work.message is: system services has encountered an errorcannot communicate with audio board.Any one know of a...
jcs_smithPosted: 01 January 2009Last Updated: 02 January 2009
Is there any way of playing a DTS encoded CD on an HDX or any other hard disk player for that matter?
spaceyPosted: 30 December 2008Last Updated: 31 December 2008
hello just wanted to share the fact that i have discovered a way of ripping wirelessly and its 100% accurate. laptop: toshiba tecra M9 - running vistarouter: netgear DG834N - running latest firmwareNAS: netgear SC101T - running latest firmwareairport...