Streaming Audio

LightkeeperPosted: 19 December 2008Last Updated: 30 December 2008
Hi,I would like to connect my (not Mac) notebook with wireless connection to the Supernait.Except Supernait and notebook, I only have a wireless DSL router, so what I want is some cost effective and as much as possible reliable device for that...
james nPosted: 23 December 2008Last Updated: 30 December 2008
From the latest newsletter - looks to be a good upgrade for those using a NAS with the HDX. I know there has been talk on the Linn forums with regard to sound quality differences with different Ethernet cables so it looks like Naim is taking this...
Gary S.Posted: 28 December 2008Last Updated: 29 December 2008
Having now had my Linn DS for a few months, I have begun to consider how I will buy my music in the future. Up until now, I've been content to rip my CD collection, but it seems pointless buying CDs from now on as I don't now own a decent CD player,...
u5227470736789439Posted: 14 December 2008Last Updated: 27 December 2008
I have a DAC, and it can be fed with AES/EBU via balanced XLR, or, spdif co-axial via RCA cynch, or optical Toslink.My preferred method at the moment is co-axial via cynch, but this is certainly not cast in stone as the required connecting...
jcs_smithPosted: 25 December 2008Last Updated: 25 December 2008
After much deliberation I bought a Pure Evoke Flow for the Kitchen. £129 from Amazon. It has DAB, FM, streaming and internet radio capabilities. The sound quality is quite good for a portable.The main reason I bought it was to be able to play...
pcstocktonPosted: 06 December 2008Last Updated: 20 December 2008
Could the XS arrival point to an external Naim DAC in the future?See ya Supernait. It was nice knowing ya.
OrfeoPosted: 16 December 2008Last Updated: 19 December 2008
Hiis there anyone that knows if the HDX can be in the future even MAC controllable and not only from a PC platform?thnxBkkB
HuwgePosted: 18 December 2008Last Updated: 18 December 2008
Anyone have any experience of these?I have an Apple TV with an optical digital out but my Loewe TV has a cinch for the digital signal.I don't want to buy a DAC just yet but wanted to see how the audio signal from the Apple TV sounded via the digital...
michael1702Posted: 10 December 2008Last Updated: 17 December 2008
as deutsche grammophon started to offer flac downloads too i wonder if the next hdx software update includes the possibility to import downloaded files onto the harddisk.
JeremyBPosted: 13 December 2008Last Updated: 16 December 2008
Beginning to get as irritated as Munch but on a different subject.Is there any significant engineering talent left working in the audio field?It looks like the only chance to get any improvement over CD for distributed audio is 88.2kHz or 96kHz and 24...
Paul StephensonPosted: 13 November 2008Last Updated: 15 December 2008
airhead
Jack BarronPosted: 12 December 2008Last Updated: 15 December 2008
Dan has recommended using a Draytek Vigor 100 modem with an Airport Extreme.Does anybody have any other modem suggestions?The easier it is to set up the better.It will be in a Mac system which also includes a Logitech Duet, a Beresford DAC, the Nait...
HansWPosted: 13 December 2008Last Updated: 14 December 2008
Hi,I have just started using a audio streaming service called Spotify. It provides direct access to a load of music but downloading is not possible. It works out of the PC-speakers.My question, as a computer music novice, is how best I can distribute...
JonathanPPosted: 06 December 2008Last Updated: 13 December 2008
Seeems stated capacity if 500 tracks. With regular computer storage behind it, what is the limit?
DaveBkPosted: 09 December 2008Last Updated: 12 December 2008
Distributed Audio is probably the most interesting development in the last 10 years, yet this forum is virtually dead... why?Surely we can think of a few more topics to discuss? If not can we just merge this back into Hi-Fi Corner to stop me having to...
Claus-ThoegersenPosted: 08 November 2008Last Updated: 07 December 2008
Sorry for this off topic post! But I have been serious looking into the possibility of getting a way to stream internet radio. I need a sollution that can be controlled through my computer so I can have my screen reader read out the communication with...
SteevePosted: 03 December 2008Last Updated: 05 December 2008
HiI have been reading various sites and attempting to under the principal of RAID storage. Now, I can understand what RAID 1 is as this is just duplicating the data on one drive as a mirror image on a second drive as is used in the HDX.But, can...
Wazza69Posted: 02 December 2008Last Updated: 02 December 2008
Surely?
MattPPosted: 14 November 2008Last Updated: 01 December 2008
Hello,I've got a problem with streaming audio via an airport express (via itunes) to a supernait via an optical cable.Consistently, at the 5-6 second mark into a stream (song) the audio drops for about a half second then recovers. The rest of the...
RichardMoorePosted: 28 November 2008Last Updated: 28 November 2008
Hi,I'm looking at the Linn DS players and the HDX. My system is all Naim at present, so I'd be more inclined to pursue a Naim path for streaming audio.I've already got 10000+ songs in FLAC on a server and since it took the best part of a year to get...
Peter Williams - Ainm EilePosted: 26 November 2008Last Updated: 28 November 2008
Hi allHas anyone tried these WiFi tablets with the HDX?Might be a very nice solution. They have a Flash9 enabled version of the Opera browser on them and seem very slick...CheersPeter
Harry H. WombatPosted: 10 November 2008Last Updated: 28 November 2008
Has anyone tried (or auditioned) a reclocking device such as the Empirical Audio Pace-Car between a digital source and a DAC?I recently auditioned my appletv/lavry against a Meridian CDP and must admit to preferring the CDP (both thru NAIM...
jtwangPosted: 09 October 2008Last Updated: 28 November 2008
For about a year I've been using my Mac Mini's optical digital output into my SuperNAIT. This is a setup that's been advocated by many on this forum. However I couldn't shake the feeling that something was missing compared to Ken Christianson's...
Klout10Posted: 18 November 2008Last Updated: 25 November 2008
In case you haven't noticed it yet:http://naimhdx.com/index.phpRegards,Michel
jon hPosted: 15 October 2008Last Updated: 21 November 2008
I have posted to the main forum (now - Padded Cell) regarding the plan we had for meeting up next week at Pro Musica in Chicago. Just a small reminder.jon