Streaming Audio

nap-sterPosted: 18 October 2008Last Updated: 20 November 2008
Is there any difference in the quality of the optical out from an Airport Express to an Apple TV > mini Mac > Mac book upwards?
jcs_smithPosted: 17 November 2008Last Updated: 20 November 2008
Is there a sound difference between connecting your device via a wireless network to a NAS or by using a cable? And if there is would it make a difference at a Squeezebox level rather than an HDX level?
RockingdocPosted: 19 November 2008Last Updated: 20 November 2008
Dear HDX experts.I'm thinking of an HDX to replace my CDS2.Could the power supply for the CDS2 be used to improve the performance of the HDX?I believe the XPS2 is the usual upgrade for the HDX, but I use a CDPS with black Burndy modified to supply the...
Wazza69Posted: 17 November 2008Last Updated: 19 November 2008
Hi,Does anyone use Frontrow via their Mac Mini's and TVs? Is it usable in the longterm? Seems to be the same as using Squeezebox?Thanks,Wayne
Gary S.Posted: 16 November 2008Last Updated: 18 November 2008
Since buying my Linn Accurate DS it is fair to say my listening habits have changed considerably and I wondered if anybody else had noticed the same? For one, I find I have been listening to far less vinyl, this is probably due to the honeymoon period...
Fred MulderPosted: 16 November 2008Last Updated: 18 November 2008
Perhaps an odd question.. does anyone has experience with wireless speaker 'cable'? (if it exists of course)
dave marshallPosted: 18 November 2008Last Updated: 18 November 2008
Hi all,I've just unpacked and set up the Squeezebox Duet, and the player is at present connected to the Aux 1 input on my Nac 282. I want to connect via my Supercap, so I need to order a twin phono/4 pin din lead. Is this correct?Also, to register on...
jacklieblingPosted: 15 November 2008Last Updated: 18 November 2008
Dear All, I'm now settled very nicely with my system (52/52PS,CD5,FlatCap,B&W805S) But, I know that my next move (apart from servicing my preamp) will be a harddrive based system and DAC. Surely as this is undoubtably the future... When do you think that NAIM will be releasing a separate DAC? I can't wait to be ripping my discs and sitting on my couch selecting my tunes remotely... :-) Cheers Jack
oxgangsPosted: 30 October 2008Last Updated: 17 November 2008
I have a few mp3s (hundreds).When I connect my laptop to my 72 it sounds terible.Am I best just using an external soundcard (usb type)plugged into the pre amp.Should I buy a Dac I was thinking one of the £200 costing ones.Or do I need both to...
kumaPosted: 16 November 2008Last Updated: 17 November 2008
Does anyone know more details on this product? Touchdiva
Paul LabradorPosted: 28 October 2008Last Updated: 14 November 2008
I like to play some downloaded music in my new PC (with Windows Vista)through my SuperNait + Allaes. It would be pleasant to get a nice sound.What's the best path ?Who has suggestions for a quality soundcard ? Perhaps Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio ? What...
LeeTomPosted: 11 November 2008Last Updated: 14 November 2008
Hello,One of the most enticing things about the HDX is its ripping engine. From what I understand, it could result in better sounding audio files than what my Mac can produce.So naturally, I would like to move those audio files out of the HDX into my...
Briz VegasPosted: 03 November 2008Last Updated: 13 November 2008
Hey, why didn't Naim put that screen on the remote control, like an iphone.I would prefer to see my menu selections in my hand rather that trying to read it across the other side of the room
JackPosted: 03 November 2008Last Updated: 10 November 2008
Hi,I’ve become extremely interested in all this distributed audio after reading many of the excellent posts on the forum, thank you. I am considering a relatively low cost solution to experience distributed audio and see just how good the sound...
Mike in PA, USAPosted: 02 November 2008Last Updated: 09 November 2008
Hi gang,My question for those on here running Itunes-based systems - and seemingly quite satisfied with the sound - is how far up the Naim range have you gone with amplification while still feeling your computer-based source gives a CD a run for it's...
JeremyBPosted: 07 November 2008Last Updated: 08 November 2008
from a different sort of powerline in an ironic twist.Cisco announced this a couple of weeks ago, homeplug nearly died with wifi but now that doesn't work either HP seems to be back. Anyone already using HP with or without detriment to hi-fi?Cisco...
JeremyBPosted: 01 November 2008Last Updated: 08 November 2008
Does anyone know of a DAC that has DIN out as standard? I am looking for a DAC to play my one HD disc (so far) HDX seems overkill as I will never want to rip CDs.Otherwise, the Bryson BDA-1 sounds like the top of the list, has anyone heard it? I...
AS332Posted: 08 November 2008Last Updated: 08 November 2008
With my CDX2 back at the dealers being repaired at the moment I decided to pick up a Airport Express yesterday just out of curiosity really. I already have a large number of my CD’s ripped in Apple Lossless on my imac and using a very cheap and...
Adrian F.Posted: 04 November 2008Last Updated: 05 November 2008
I was reading the report in the german image-hifi mag 5/08 about the Sooloos music server system. It looks like a more highend (and of course more expensive) version of what Sonos does.http://sooloos.com/Has somebody heard this system? Is it anywhere...
kev 1966Posted: 31 October 2008Last Updated: 04 November 2008
Hello, looking for some guidance please, At the present moment I have itunes loaded on my laptop. With tunes stored in the standard format roughly 4000 songs My queston,I would like to move this forward. This is what I would like to achieve I just...
FlamePosted: 28 September 2008Last Updated: 02 November 2008
Hi all;I'm new to this distributed audio business and I'm looking for help. For starters I intend to use the digital output from my PS3 which is decoded by the DAC within my NAD receiver. The signal is then output as pre-out to my 122x and then will...
winkyincanadaPosted: 25 September 2008Last Updated: 02 November 2008
I've just arrived back from my dealer (doesn't that sound sleazy) where I listened to the HDX for the first time (via 282/250/NACA5/SL2 and XPS/SC - not sure exactly how PSs were configured). Yep. It did it for me. Bad case of the "wants". The whole...
Obsessed1Posted: 13 October 2008Last Updated: 02 November 2008
I've picked up a konnekt 8 to fit between between an older Mac (that doesn't have an optical digital out) and a Lavry, downloaded and installed the software, fired up iTunes and ....... nothing! Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong:I've gone into...
davereayPosted: 01 November 2008Last Updated: 01 November 2008
Hi allI have been considering a squeezebox for some time but as I have a portable external USB 2.0 hard drive I don't see the point connecting wirelessly to my computer, (which of course would need to be switched on) if I could just connect up the...
jcs_smithPosted: 01 November 2008Last Updated: 01 November 2008
Is it likeley that the HDX will ever be able to run an audioscrobbler?