What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested? (Vol. XV)

Posted by: Richard Dane on 31 December 2018

On the eve of a new year, it's time for a new thread. 

Last year's thread can be found here:

https://forums.naimaudio.com/t...e-interested-vol-xiv

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by james n

Playing with some UPnP controllers and using this as the test album. Why this album - i heard 'Scattered Black and White' on a Radio 4 programme the other day  (Guy Garvey - Recording Dad) and thought i'd give it a listen. 

Elbow - The best of

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Bert Schurink

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Filipe

Kate Bush - The Dreeming (2018 remaster) - CD

Happy New Year! Getting round to enjoying my present. I had heard some but never owned her full collection. Amazing sounds!

Or is the system in needed of a spring clean. I must say the Harry Potter Philosopher’s Stone quidditch game sounded as though the game was in the room with high speed snitch passing by.

Phil

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Christopher_M

Tord Gustavsen Trio - The Other Side

Sounding gorgeous on vinyl, though obviously not as good as when HH and I saw them in Soton earlier this year.

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by ewemon
Christopher_M posted:

Sounding gorgeous on vinyl, though obviously not as good as when HH and I saw them in Soton earlier this year.

Would love to see them live. Great album and would be in my list of best albums of the year.

ewemon posted:
Christopher_M posted:

Would love to see them live. Great album and would be in my list of best albums of the year.

Mine too, Ewe.

Prompted by a post in the old music thread. For me the best line up of Ash before Wisefield joined who was excellent in the band Home but their style changed and I fell out of love with them. Think I have mentioned before about my fight with this line up on a tour bus which didn't help.

Pink Floyd for those who don't already know. This set by the way has just been re-issued

This is the only artwork I can find for him at the moment and it is for the single off his up and coming album which originally was due out Janaury but looks like it has been put back until June. Video of one of his songs below.

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by ted_p

Pink Floyd

Wish You Were Here - 24/96

Edward

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Tabby cat

Playing on Vinyl - A nice slice of Funk and sleezy lyrics from the late Curtis Mayfield from 1972.

https://cdn2.dustygroove.com/images/products/m/mayfie_curt_superfly1_101b.jpg

Tom Odell - Wrong Crowd

You know when you should be working? It's like that.

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Simon-in-Suffolk

42C4F896-1AA0-4311-B333-A901B9A8C7F3

Not as atmospheric as the US prison concerts.. but this concert in a Swedish prison is certainly rather enjoyable.. and Cash’s occasional Swedish utterances makes you smile/cringe.... though I am sure a lot better than I would be.

Enjoying via Qobuz.. 

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by osprey

Recorded in front of an enthusiastic crowd at David Byrne’s edition of the Meltdown Fetival, this live album finds Anna Calvion bombastic form. Anna has a twelve-piece choir behind her (see the sleeve art) as well as her powerful regular band, and Mr Byrne even makes a special guest appearance.

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Tony2011

1985 - UK first pressing... 

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Drikus

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by dav301

On CD:-

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Dan Steel

Double vinyl released 2017 - Van tiptoeing through the delights of swing music. Not bad at all ????

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by TK421

In the early hours of this morning I stumbled across and watched the last 30 minutes of Jeff Beck: Still on the Run, showing on BBC 4. 

I was rather intrigued and as a result have now listened to:

Emotion & Commotion

Loud Hailer

I will watch the entire programme via iplayer this afternoon.

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Mike-B
TK421 posted:

In the early hours of this morning I stumbled across and watched the last 30 minutes of Jeff Beck: Still on the Run, showing on BBC 4. 

I was rather intrigued and as a result have now listened to:

Emotion & Commotion

Loud Hailer

I will watch the entire programme via iplayer this afternoon.

Yes,  interesting program.   

Have a listen to the 1975 album 'Blow by Blow',   its all instrumental, more jazzy than blues/rock,  my go-too Jeff Beck album.

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by TK421

Many thanks Mike.

Now listening to Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow

I don't care what anyone else says, Tidal is bloody marvellous and for me worth every penny.

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Tony2011

1988 - UK first pressing. Dodgy copy with a way off-centre label.

Second album after disbanding Bauhaus. The other members carried on as Love & Rockets.