Football season 2018/19

Posted by: Kevin-W on 15 July 2018

Now the World Cup's over, it's time to turn our attention to the domestic leagues in the UK, Europe, South America and elsewhere...

So here's a thread for all matters pertaining to the 2018/19 season - whether you follow one of the giants like Barca, Real, Juve, Man City or Corinthians; or a non-league side.

All are welcome - and let's hear from followers of smaller clubs, like Harrogate Railway, Sutton United or Tottenham Hotspur.

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by Christopher_M

Mourinho!!

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by Kevin-W

Hippo Head is available, I hear!

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by Dan Steel

Sam Allardyce has been spotted at Old Trafford.

????????????

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by Tabby cat

I bet Jose is well happy nice payout (where else in the real world does failure get rewarded) back with his family in London.....Christmas has come early for The Special one.

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by MDS
Tabby cat posted:

I bet Jose is well happy nice payout (where else in the real world does failure get rewarded) back with his family in London.....Christmas has come early for The Special one.

...in the City of London, New York and the like.  

Hope Man Utd don't try to snaffle Southgate.

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by Steve2

Worse still, that the media links Pochettino with Man U and we have a Harry Redknapp scenario and Spurs fall apart and end up out of the top 4 and languishing around 6th where Man U are now below Arsenal.

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by Kevin-W
Steve2 posted:

Spurs fall apart and end up out of the top 4 and languishing around 6th

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by Steve2

Oi Referee!

Posted on: 21 December 2018 by Kevin-W

Posted on: 22 December 2018 by MDS

Oh wow! Stuffing the Black Cats at Fratton Park. Top of the table at Xmas by 4 points. I'm a very happy bunny this evening. 

Posted on: 22 December 2018 by Tabby cat

Congrats to Palace but I thought they where rock solid and where fast on the break. Andros Townhend's goal was goal of the season so far.And Wilfred Saha was always dangerous.Thought City where so much better when K.D.B came on and scored .I think Pep wanted to ease him back after his injury.Pleased Ottemendi was subbed,pretty useless.Sane was great but unlucky.Carl Walker didn't have his best game.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/800/cpsprodpb/11582/production/_104924017_at.jpg

Posted on: 22 December 2018 by MDS
Tabby cat posted:

Congrats to Palace but I thought they where rock solid and where fast on the break. Andros Townhend's goal was goal of the season so far.And Wilfred Saha was always dangerous.Thought City where so much better when K.D.B came on and scored .I think Pep wanted to ease him back after his injury.Pleased Ottemendi was subbed,pretty useless.Sane was great but unlucky.Carl Walker didn't have his best game.

Will be watching MotD to see that Townsend goal.

Posted on: 22 December 2018 by hungryhalibut
MDS posted:

Oh wow! Stuffing the Black Cats at Fratton Park. Top of the table at Xmas by 4 points. I'm a very happy bunny this evening. 

Yes, a brilliant result. Let’s hope they keep it up. 

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by Kevin-W

WHU very dozy yesterday afternoon. Watford were there for the taking, and had we been as clinical as we were against Fulham last weekend, we'd have won that. Instead Watford took their chances and scored twice (no arguments about the penalty, El Commandante was at fault). Oh well. Bring on Saints...

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by Bob the Builder

Better from the Arsenal this week and joint 4th with Chelski. I was at St Marys last week, we had replacement bus from Havant to Southampton and then after witnessing such a depressing display I got more wet from the rain then I have ever been in my life right through to my socks and my underpants. 

Whilst sopping wet and squashed next to the fatest man in Hampshire on a steamy bus I came very close to making the decison to wet myself as I was so wet anyway because after drowning my sorrows with three pints whilst waiting an hour for the bus there of course was no toilet on the bus. I really did earn my supporter stripes that day.

Great little ground though St Marys and a fantastic atmosphere and so that it was Southampton did ease the pain a tiny, tiny bit.

I'm at the Amex boxing day along side my brother who is a Seagulls season ticket holder so it should be interesting, last year  I took some merciless p*** taking after the match.

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by dave marshall

What a comeback from 2-0 down against Villa this afternoon, to win 3-2.

The Mighty Whites are top of t'league for Christmas ............... this is our year, we're going up ............woohoo! 

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by Mike Hughes

Decent away result for my team and defeats for Harrogate, Salford, Solihull Moors et al helped. Sets up three games against the last two of those over the holidays beautifully. Are we title contenders or just play off contenders?

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by Paper Plane

Everton 2 - Spurs 6

What's not to like?

steve

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by VladtheImpala
Paper Plane posted:

Everton 2 - Spurs 6

What's not to like?

steve

Rather depends on who you support...……….

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by PaulM160
MDS posted:

we (Luton) are right behind you but looking at our future list in January we might find ourselves 'repositioned'. That was a great result against Sunderland though! There is talk of us dabbling in the transfer market when the window opens but my fear is losing one or two of the team; at the moment we are gel'ing from front to back and I would rather we didn't risk disrupting the current rhythm. 

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by thebigfredc

My son is an Arsenal supporter and, after quite a few years of trying, I finally managed to get a couple of tickets to a home game last Saturday.

They are definitely on the up. Nice stadium btw although I think the corners need to be taken to the same height as the tall bits to improve the atmosphere.

Ray

Posted on: 24 December 2018 by MDS
Paper Plane posted:

Everton 2 - Spurs 6

What's not to like?

steve

I think Bluenoz would disagree with you.

Posted on: 24 December 2018 by MDS
PaulM160 posted:
MDS posted:

we (Luton) are right behind you but looking at our future list in January we might find ourselves 'repositioned'. That was a great result against Sunderland though! There is talk of us dabbling in the transfer market when the window opens but my fear is losing one or two of the team; at the moment we are gel'ing from front to back and I would rather we didn't risk disrupting the current rhythm. 

Hi Paul.  I work with a big Luton fan and we frequently compare fortunes.  Indeed, when Luton came to Fratton Park on the opening day of the season, we got together for a couple of pints before the game.  Although Pompey took the points on that day, we were lucky and I thought Luton looked a very good side. I'm not at all surprised that they've come on so strong in the last couple of months. 

Posted on: 24 December 2018 by Christopher_M
thebigfredc posted:

[Arsenal] are definitely on the up. Nice stadium btw although I think the corners need to be taken to the same height as the tall bits to improve the atmosphere.

Ray

Maybe they are waiting until such a time time as they can beat the little clubs when they play away games at their ‘nice little’ grounds ????

Merry Christmas

Chris

Posted on: 24 December 2018 by thebigfredc

If you took offence at my comments, which had no malice in them, you must be a very sensitive chap and somewhat insecure.

Ray