System Pics 2018

Posted by: hungryhalibut on 17 December 2017

Welcome to System Pics 2018.

To start things off, here are a couple of pictures of my setup. There have been some big changes over the past year; a 300 and a 555PS, and some extra shelves to accommodate them. 

Posted on: 19 December 2017 by Dev B

Richard,

OMG. A Rega. Congratulations. Looking forward to your impressions. 

Best regards Devraj

Posted on: 19 December 2017 by Filipe

Vincé, if you set up a free account with imgur dot com your paste will work. You upload to it with the App and have thechoice to keep your photo private. Display the photo once uploaded from your profile and get a link to it in the usual way and paste into the Mountain dialogue of the forum post.

Phil

Posted on: 19 December 2017 by Vincé 2
Filipe posted:

Vincé, if you set up a free account with imgur dot com your paste will work. You upload to it with the App and have thechoice to keep your photo private. Display the photo once uploaded from your profile and get a link to it in the usual way and paste into the Mountain dialogue of the forum post.

Phil

Thanks Phil

I will try again in the next days.

Vincenzo

Posted on: 19 December 2017 by Obsydian
posted:

Now thats a party kitchen : )

Did i spot an ethernet port near your mains socket for your QB

Posted on: 20 December 2017 by rsch
Richard Dane posted:

Roberto, AFAIK the RP8 and RP10 can only be supplied in "piano" black.  Even the new Planar 6 only comes in a kind of stealth grey, mainly because that's the colour of the phenolic resin outer skin of the foam sandwich material used.

I do like the green of your P3.  We had a P3-24 like that at the factory for a while, which we used at some shows with the NAIT 5i, Stageline and i-Supply.  I remember at the time thinking how much fun it was to be back spinning vinyl at shows...

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the info

Regards

Roberto

Posted on: 20 December 2017 by Vincé 2
  1. Hungryhalibut posted:

More pictures, less chat! Come on Vincé2 and Filipe. Let’s see what you’ve got. 

Hi HH and Filipe

I'm trying to post some pics and i always have the little square instead of the photo.

What's the right resolution to use?

Vincenzo

Posted on: 20 December 2017 by Filipe
Vincé 2 posted:
  1. Hungryhalibut posted:

More pictures, less chat! Come on Vincé2 and Filipe. Let’s see what you’ve got. 

Hi HH and Filipe

I'm trying to post some pics and i always have the little square instead of the photo.

What's the right resolution to use?

Vincenzo

Are you using imgur? If so then you have not got the right kind of link. The link must be to the photo alone more or less. You do not need to specify the frame size in the forum post form.

Assuming you are using imgur, from your profile open the photo and then on an iPad press on the photo until the IOS pop up menu appears and select Copy Link. Sometimes a simpler menu with Copy comes up.

Phil

Posted on: 20 December 2017 by Richard Dane

In Imgur, click on the image you wish to post.  This will bring up a new dialog box in which you will see your image and then on the right a range of different link choices.  You need to copy the DIRECT LINK.  Then follow the image posting instructions for this forum as per the FAQ.

Posted on: 20 December 2017 by Haim Ronen

Just before sundown, when everything falls into a perfect place.

Same olive entry level-system entering its 19th year with us. The only recent change made was re-capping the two Flatcaps.

DSC_4598

DSC_4599

LP-12, Nait 3, 3.5 player, two Flatcaps, Luxman T-450 tuner, Proac Response 1.5.

Posted on: 20 December 2017 by Adam Zielinski

697316B8-ED04-4C52-AB64-B6F5F0F27830FEC3BEDE-CEAE-4196-B084-C651262C890A

Relaxing at home after a business trip. On vinyl - Vangelis ‘Antarctica’

New addition this year: NAP 300DR.

I'll do better next time!

Vincenzo

Is it enough HH?

Vincenzo

Posted on: 20 December 2017 by HiFiman

I showed my wife your pic Vince her words "not in my house"

HiFiman posted:

I showed my wife your pic Vince her words "not in my house"

Sad for you  

Posted on: 20 December 2017 by stuart.ashen

I’ll have it Vince! 

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by stuart

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by Atherton

Vincenzo, wow, that is quite a system. Perhaps you should add the details to your profile so we can see what's what? I'm afraid my wife also disapproves, saying it would have to go in the spare room...which it would completely fill!

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by Mike-B

Yep sad to say I showed the pics to mine & it did not get WAF approval.

Seriously tho'  it must resonate a lot & not sure the chopping blocks will help with that.

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by Ardbeg10y

Forget the DBL's. Most interestingly, I see an AV2.

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by vintageaxeman
Ardbeg10y posted:

Just seen it too.... I have 2 AV2s...when I bought the first, I couldn't believe what a change it made to my enjoyment of watching / listening to the TV!!!  The other AV2 is available if anyone is interested....

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by Clive B
Ardbeg10y posted:

It’s actually very difficult (in fact, impossible) to forget DBLs once you’ve heard them!

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by Vincé 2
Atherton posted:

Vincenzo, wow, that is quite a system. Perhaps you should add the details to your profile so we can see what's what? I'm afraid my wife also disapproves, saying it would have to go in the spare room...which it would completely fill!

I am lucky enough to have a dedicated room for my toys. I am rude, i know, but in "our" house, not in "my house" like a wife has said, there's the HAF (where H stands for husband).

My system:

Rega RP10 with Reson Reca, Stageline N powered by non DR Supercap, CD 555, NDX powered by non DR 555ps, 552 non DR, 500 non DR, DBL passive since 2010, Headline powered by Hicap DR, Focal Elear, Grado 325 and Beyerdynamic 990.

Not showed but available when i want something different:

Rega P9 with Exact2, Superline, ProAc Tablette 10

For the video:

Bluray Panasonic, Apple TV2, AV2, 155xs, NCent, SIM 2 HT300E (dlp projector)

Sorry for the long list.

Vincenzo

Just trying to figure this out? 

Need a larger image LOL ???? 

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by james n

Here you go Stuart - put your image link in the source box and set the dimensions - 600 is a good start. 

James