System Pics 2018

Posted by: hungryhalibut on 17 December 2017

Welcome to System Pics 2018.

To start things off, here are a couple of pictures of my setup. There have been some big changes over the past year; a 300 and a 555PS, and some extra shelves to accommodate them. 

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by stuart

Thank you James. 

Will get some more recent photos tonight and post at correct size 

Thank you James. 

Will get some more recent photos tonight and post at correct size 

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by james n
Ravenswood10 posted:

Fantastic - love the R2R    

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by spacey
R-LANE posted:

2018 sound system: Vitus/Naim PL/Aurender/Eclipse TD/TQ Silver Diamond. Box count reduced from six to two.

Is it just me or has your system got a face? with a rather displaced left eye.... 

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by TOBYJUG
spacey posted:
R-LANE posted:

2018 sound system: Vitus/Naim PL/Aurender/Eclipse TD/TQ Silver Diamond. Box count reduced from six to two.

Is it just me or has your system got a face? with a rather displaced left eye.... 

Futurama Roberto ?

http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/chars/roberto-futurama-benders-game-42.9.jpg

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by Ardbeg10y
spacey posted:
R-LANE posted:

Quite Quasimodo:

+ this is a most interesting start of a quest. The book there has the title 'Guess who'.

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by R-LANE

Good observation by forum members. This is the 'Eye-Fi Corner' after all.

Is that right??

https://i.imgur.com/zvckeVs.jpg

Yes. Sounding marvellous too. 

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by yeti42
R-LANE posted:

I heard those speakers when I went to Bath to see a man about a turntable, they were really rather good I thought fed from a Brinkmann Oasis. You do seem to be lacking a way of playing all that vinyl yourself, have you any plans?

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by Artferg20
Sloop John B posted:

Seven year old UniQute still going strong in the bedroom system. (Running Roon natively with Sonore UPnP bridge).

.sjb

Sloop,

Can the Sonore UPnP bridge point to more than one device?

Thx

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by Artferg20

Not much change from system pics 2017, added an Rega Aria, Chord 2Qute and NACA5. Now my Tablette’s are really starting to sing!

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by R-LANE
yeti42 posted:
R-LANE posted:

I heard those speakers when I went to Bath to see a man about a turntable, they were really rather good I thought fed from a Brinkmann Oasis. You do seem to be lacking a way of playing all that vinyl yourself, have you any plans?

The Eclipse speakers are exceptional, more so if sat in the ‘sweet spot’ where the music and vocals sound very life-like. I no longer have a turntable for vinyl playback (Linn TT was traded in to finance the purchase of the integrated amp). Approaching mid-life, this is part of a longer-term plan to reduce and declutter. I will keep a handful of vinyl for the cover artwork, the remainder will be sold on, donated or gifted to generation next – reared on a fast-music diet of MP3 files – who are discovering the joys of physical vinyl playback for the first time.

Posted on: 21 December 2017 by boom

Well 2017 has been a massive year of upgrading  for me, I was sitting at NDX,Uniti Serve,202,200,S400. First added Hicap-Dr, not long after that the XPS-Dr and just before Christmas I have managed to step up to the 282/250-Dr. A very happy Chappy indeed. I cant see me getting much done around the place this Christmas holiday. Merry Christmas everyone!

Moderated Post: Boom, I've had to remove your pictures because they are appearing as broken - or rather we just see the now commonplace Photobucket splash screen telling you to upgrade your account in order to share images.

Posted on: 22 December 2017 by joerand
Jeff Anderson posted:

Ergo-IX speakers (DIY design built for me by a forum member in New Zealand .....

Jeff, thanks for posting your speakers. Intrigued me and I googled links. There are a number of associated DIY designs out there including some larger plywood or MDF cabinets with a single full-range driver. Some potential woodworking projects to inspire me.

Posted on: 22 December 2017 by joerand
spacey posted:
R-LANE posted:

I'm wondering whether the parabolic mirror was strategically placed as a sound diffusor?

As a minimalist, you have my enthusiastic congrats on getting your box count from six to two. A worthy accomplishment!

Posted on: 22 December 2017 by Jumping Jack

Okay, bring on the pitchforks and torches ‘cause from now on, I’m naim-less...

I sold the sn2, ndx, hicap dr and superline and got an AVM cs5.2 and an Octave eq2 phono instead... Sounds superb!

Posted on: 22 December 2017 by Clay Bingham

Some lovely systems guys at all sizes and prices!

Robiwan, I am particularly struck by and like your red wall paint. With very very few exceptions we are not near as adventurous here in the States. Bland is usually the safe choice but you Brits are much more fun. Good to see.

Posted on: 22 December 2017 by Robiwan
Clay Bingham posted:

Robiwan, I am particularly struck by and like your red wall paint. With very very few exceptions we are not near as adventurous here in the States. Bland is usually the safe choice but you Brits are much more fun. Good to see.

you are probably the only one on this earth, next to me and my wife, who likes our red wallpaper I'm Dutch by the way

Posted on: 22 December 2017 by Haim Ronen
Clay Bingham posted:

Clay,

If you don't have pictures of your system we also accept X-rays.

Robiwan posted:
Clay Bingham posted:

you are probably the only one on this earth, next to me and my wife, who likes our red wallpaper I'm Dutch by the way

Lol, savor the moment Robin. It will never happen again .  

Posted on: 22 December 2017 by Jeff Anderson
joerand posted:
Jeff Anderson posted:

Ergo-IX speakers (DIY design built for me by a forum member in New Zealand .....

Jeff, thanks for posting your speakers. Intrigued me and I googled links. There are a number of associated DIY designs out there including some larger plywood or MDF cabinets with a single full-range driver. Some potential woodworking projects to inspire me.

My email is in my profile, joerand, I can give you some info.

Posted on: 22 December 2017 by Higgi

Beautiful dps!

Posted on: 22 December 2017 by james n
Higgi posted:

Gorgeous system. You run a DPS for which you have my deepest respect and admiration