Streaming Audio

Hkmike18Posted: 27 November 2018Last Updated: 27 November 2018
Any thoughts / experience about Arcam rplayer for streaming Spotify connect into FLAT CAP NAD 150X NAC 122X Any need for an external dac? I’m just coming to streaming and trying to get handle on all the options so trying not to get too lost . thank you
DWO-NaimPosted: 27 November 2018Last Updated: 27 November 2018
Just seen a post saying that Tidal App is now available in MS Store. Thought it may be of interest to anyone who is looking to listen via win desktop.
NeilGPPosted: 27 November 2018Last Updated: 27 November 2018
Hi all, In the process of setting up my my synology NAS server in anticipation of my ND5 XS2 arriving next week. While doing this I've also purchased a MUSO QB for upstairs. Everything is working fine apart from that when I select UPnP on the Qb, nothing! Nada... I just get a spinning wheel. The mystery deepens when I tell you that my Mac mini in the next room on the same wifi network has no difficulty seeing and loading the the NAS drives. I've got Media Server set up on the NAS and also...
CrispyPosted: 26 November 2018Last Updated: 27 November 2018
Bit of a strange one this evening. The new NDX2 had been working perfectly and was fine this morning before I went to work. Came home this evening and tried to play some music. No sound came out of the speakers. Very puzzled I checked other sources and proved everything else was ok as my Oppo worked and also used this to test streaming from my NAS. I changed connections to ensure input into pre amplifier was ok and still no sound. On the display and the app it showed music playing, still no...
StoverPosted: 21 November 2018Last Updated: 27 November 2018
Is there something new to Core, regarding rip and metadata handling? I can get one at a fair ex dem price. I have quite a lot of classical cd boxes. Any experience with Innous with the same metadata handling in mind? So far I’m looking at installing minimserver to my NAS and continue using DBpoweramp. Thanks, Stover
Billy RubinPosted: 26 November 2018Last Updated: 27 November 2018
Grateful for help! 8-port Cisco 2960 switch bought from eBay. Reset by seller prior to shipping. In its newly reset state, only one port works at a time. Quick chat with IT guys at work suggests that I need an expensive set-up cable to configure the ports from managed to unmanaged so that they will all be ‘plug and play’. Is this right? Is there a way for me to easily get all 8 ports working without trying to track down an expensive cable? All help appreciated!
Big JohnPosted: 25 November 2018Last Updated: 27 November 2018
What’s the latest view on best way to playback stored music for sound quality please? My system is Uniti Nova with PMC Twenty5-23s with music coming from mostly uncompressed FLAC CD-RIPs on a Synology NAS. Bought a couple of hi-res albums to that I also use via the Synology. Also used occasionally my MacBook Pro 2017 via digital TOSLink cable to play hi-res Tidal into the Nova. Which I found actually quite good when compared with using built in Tidal streaming. This probably use to being...
TerrysmiPosted: 26 November 2018Last Updated: 26 November 2018
I recently upgraded from an NDX to an NDX2 and one of the key drivers for that was the integration with Roon. I am very pleased with the NDX2 and Roon is how I drive multiroom on a daily basis across the NDX2, and Atom , 2 Muso's and 2 Audio Pro Devices. At the weekend though I needed to use the Naim App and I noticed that whilst I can do Multiroom from the Atom or Muso's to the NDX2 if I try and do Multiroom from the NDX2 the other Naim units aren't showing. I know there were problems with...
yoav1yon1Posted: 10 November 2018Last Updated: 26 November 2018
hi everyone does unitiqute2 will work with roon regards e
kdl6769Posted: 16 November 2018Last Updated: 26 November 2018
I am moving to a Uniti Nova from a Linn system that uses heavy duty bi-wire speaker cable. Uniti hasn't arrived yet. Wondered if anyone could let me know whether I would need a different speaker cable (i.e. single wire), or if the Uniti would accommodate my existing Linn cable (K400). Also interested in any cable suggestions (something appropriate but modestly priced and easy on the spousal eye). 2 more questions: - can I connect a CD transport and use the DAC on the Uniti (bypassing the DAC...
al9315Posted: 24 November 2018Last Updated: 26 November 2018
Spend too much time in my study, so today managed to get a really good deal on a QB ! Problem - tried to follow the instructions (Android) - but did not quite go as stated I am using QB - wired to switch - using Naim app can play music fine, but I have two separate music systems, NDX plays music selected & QB plays music selected (both as selected - not the same) How do I set it up to choose music which is the same & time aligned on both units ? Quite impressed with the sound of it...
angelodipaPosted: 24 November 2018Last Updated: 26 November 2018
Hi everyone Currently I use Audirvana (on mac mini) connected via Asynchronous USB to the Dac V1. I would like to upgrade by buying an NDX (mk1) ... my budget does not allow me to evaluate Naim's new streamer. I would like two suggestions: - If I take the NDX you suggest me to use it with or without the Dac V1 (I currently use the dac only for the mac mini, there is no other connected)? - With or without the DAC, could the NDX be an improvement over Audirvana? I already know that even taking...
simes_pepPosted: 26 November 2018Last Updated: 26 November 2018
NDS running lastest firmware Can I send through DSD64 into the Digital input using DoP? Doesn’t seem to work I understand Native DSD isn’t possible over SPDI/F, but the coding of the DSD64 into the PCM packets should. Thanks, Simon
Don JayPosted: 25 November 2018Last Updated: 25 November 2018
Hi, I have now automated most my home. At least a year ago I asked Naim if they will be adding Alexa support to the Muso and unfortunately replied no. Since, there are now more options than Alexa. So now, the only ‘dead’ thing in my home is the muso which is a shame as I double it up as a TV speaker as have no room for another sound-bar and it does sound good for TV too (providing I don’t keep losing my Muso remote). Has Naim hopefully changed its mind since my last post, and is it or has it...
freegwPosted: 01 July 2018Last Updated: 25 November 2018
Regularly when I switch on my Uniti Nova (from standby mode) I get no display at all or the display is flickering like in the video below. Usually when I switch the Nova off (in standby mode) and on again the display is working normal. Does anybody has the same experience?
KermitPosted: 24 November 2018Last Updated: 24 November 2018
Just bought new Qb, lights around volume work and can be dimmed, but base light not working at all. I left Naim a couple of years ago due to problems with their products and it seems as if things are the same, or am I missing something? Thanks
MrCharliePosted: 23 November 2018Last Updated: 24 November 2018
I just got the Atom - love it! However, I noticed when using the Naim app to play Tidal, I don't see all of the features that I see in the Tidal app. I am most interested in the Tidal app's "Because You Listened To ..." and "New Releases for You" features. Any ideas? thanks
GrantharPosted: 22 November 2018Last Updated: 24 November 2018
I have bought a couple of switches and media converters. One switch is linked to the BT router, the other is in the other room with my media server. Across fibre that all works fine. When I plug in a media converter via fibre to the switch I cannot see my Naim Atom when it’s plugged into the media converter. If I plug my TV into the same media converter it works fine. if I plug the Naim into the switch via Ethernet cable it works fine, yet when plugged into the media converter it doesn’t...
m.paul taylorPosted: 24 August 2018Last Updated: 24 November 2018
I have bought an ND555. I had Tidal top spec on my NDS and the contract extended it to the 555. I have subscribed to Qobuz sublime so at present have both. I am thinking of ending the Tidal contract unless it serves a purpose not provided for by Qobuz. Can anyone tell me of a good reason to keep Tidal?
David WellerPosted: 23 November 2018Last Updated: 23 November 2018
When playing radio on Atom i have tried adding Mu-so QB i get a message " We're still waiting for Mu-so to join the group. If not joined within a few seconds please try again" Randomly it works Have tried connecting Mu-so direct to router and wireless Any thoughts Thanks David
John L FPosted: 23 November 2018Last Updated: 23 November 2018
Wondered if anybody has heard the Zen mini with the new Innuos power supply and whether they consider it a worthwhile addition?
CoralPosted: 18 November 2018Last Updated: 23 November 2018
Dear all, I am a new owner of Atom and was wondering what is your experience with Chromecast and if you are having some issues with it. Atom is working great when I connect it to my server and it plays flawlessly. However, when I try to cast Deezer from my Samsung phone, it tries to connect to Chromecast on Atom but does not manage to connect. I see on display of my Atom that Atom is switched into Chormecast mode but nothing more. I am not able to start a song on Deezer on my phone and it...
cdboyPosted: 18 November 2018Last Updated: 23 November 2018
There was chat a year ago about the inability to turn the Atom display off when in use. See here: https://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/turn-off-atom-display-while-playing-howto Any update please Naim? As the new streamers have this option surely it cannot be too hard to implement on the Uniti range?
JotaPosted: 22 November 2018Last Updated: 22 November 2018
HI, Attempting to update the firmware on my UQ2, reading the PDF that comes with the firmware download it mentions to click a link to silabs.com to download the required driver - CP210x_VCP_Windows. Trying to open the zip file using 7Zip I just keep getting that error - 'Can not open file'. 'C\user\blah blah CP210x_VCP_Windows.zip' as archive. What's going wrong? I've updated the firmware before and not had this issue. Edit - It says when downloading the file will be 3.7Mb but once it's...
Mr PawsPosted: 22 November 2018Last Updated: 22 November 2018
Good Evening all, I ripped a CD today ( TOTO Isolation 1984 first pressing) sent it to my NAS and played it only to find it sounds so bright I couldn’t listen to it at all so I did a bit of research and it’s seems that some CD’s from the 1980’s had a de-emphasis tag written onto the disc and if it wasn’t picked up by the laser the CD will sound extremely bright. My question is, is there a way to get dB Poweramp to sort this problem out or any other way? I do remember back in the 90’s I had...