System Pics 2018

Posted by: hungryhalibut on 17 December 2017

Welcome to System Pics 2018.

To start things off, here are a couple of pictures of my setup. There have been some big changes over the past year; a 300 and a 555PS, and some extra shelves to accommodate them. 

Posted on: 17 December 2017 by HiFiman

Looking and I bet sounding good HH

Posted on: 17 December 2017 by HiFiman

Only change from last years system pics is the NAP250 from 1985 serviced a few months back at Naim and sounds immense.

Posted on: 17 December 2017 by Mort2k

HH

Looking very nice - i do like the look of the SL2's and the black boxes look right at home on the rack

Rob

Posted on: 17 December 2017 by Bert Schurink

Looks like the 2018 post is having a good start. Beautiful systems to look at. I will not post yet as my system is very satisfying on the musical front, but less sexy....

Posted on: 17 December 2017 by Joolzdee
HiFiman posted:

Only change from last years system pics is the NAP250 from 1985 serviced a few months back at Naim and sounds immense.

Please could you tell me where the white rack is from?

Great looking system. 

Posted on: 17 December 2017 by achique99

Amazing year for 2017 and for 2018, I have upgraded my system from 152 to 282, Lingo 3 to Radikal, changed the phonostage to Stageline K powered by my trusty FCXS and lastly added Naim chips for the Alla?s.

Cheers and happy new year!!

Nasa

Posted on: 17 December 2017 by Eloise

I’ll take some photos and post once I've cleaned :-)

Posted on: 17 December 2017 by christoph

hi all, new flywheel and sds (power adapter and speed control) for the vpi, oppo 203 instead of dvd 5 (passed away), tom waits, orphans, vinyl (), same dog! happy christmas days for all! Christoph 

Posted on: 17 December 2017 by MDS
christoph posted:

hi all, new flywheel and sds (power adapter and speed control) for the vpi, oppo 203 instead of dvd 5 (passed away), tom waits, orphans, vinyl (), same dog! happy christmas days for all! Christoph 

Good looking system with a serious looking turntable.  I particularly like the adorable Golden Retriever. 

Posted on: 17 December 2017 by Dalamtian

2018 already, it must have been one hell of a party I went to last night!

Nick

Posted on: 17 December 2017 by varyat

Our esteemed host likes to start them early... In celebration of his motivation to start a new pictures thread, I am cleaning some new LP's and showing solidarity by spinning the new Queen is Dead remaster  

Nice room Halibut!

Atb,

Mark

Posted on: 17 December 2017 by stuart.ashen

Here we go...

Posted on: 17 December 2017 by stuart.ashen

Posted on: 17 December 2017 by Joolzdee
HiFiman posted:
Joolzdee posted:
HiFiman posted:

Please could you tell me where the white rack is from?

Great looking system. 

Thanks Joolzdee. It' a cheap Ikea Kallax £25 with a home made adjustment where the XP5xs sits.

Very neat looking.

Posted on: 17 December 2017 by Robiwan
Caption

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by Johnell

This is one of my favourite threads and we're already seeing some great looking systems.  However, am I the only person that finds having to constantly scroll through the same pictures in the "reply with quotes" posts frustrating?

Perhaps I should change my name to Mr Grumpy....... 

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by hungryhalibut

No, you are not the only one. It’s really irritating and wholly unnecessary. 

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by Matty.s

Hi,

I am a new member here and would love to post a picture of my system.Could someone kindly point me in the right direction for doing so.I am using a iPhone/iPad but have no computer or laptop.Is it still possible?.

Thanks

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by stuart.ashen

Upload an image to Imgur. Copy the link. Click on the mountain in the Forum reply box and paste the link.

Easy from your iPad. I speak as someone who took ages to be able to post pics. Cheers HH for showing me the way!

PS I also hate the quote replies...

Stu

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by Matty.s

Hi Stu,

cheers,I will give it a go tonight.

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by dave marshall
Johnell posted:

This is one of my favourite threads and we're already seeing some great looking systems.  However, am I the only person that finds having to constantly scroll through the same pictures in the "reply with quotes" posts frustrating?

Perhaps I should change my name to Mr Grumpy....... 

No need to simply hit the "reply with quote" button, when it's so straightforward to edit the original post, either by reducing the picture to thumbnail size, or deleting it altogether, leaving the original text intact, if you so wish.

Some folks do this in the "What are you listening to" thread within the Music Room topic, in order to avoid, as you say, endless scrolling down the page, especially if one is viewing the forum on a phone, for example, as opposed to a laptop.

Mind you, not using the "reply" button can result in having to scroll backwards through the topic, which is equally annoying.

Mr. Grumpy too. 

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by Richard Dane
Matty.s posted:

Hi Stu,

cheers,I will give it a go tonight.

Matty, make sure that the link you copy is the Direct Link.  Good luck.

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by u77033103172058601

I was half tempted to reply and quote all of the pictures posted to date, but in this new joyous world of The Ashes taking their rightful home (anywhere but England!), I will bore you with only one picture; a re-arranged listening room and the system on Fraim (full and 'lite). The CD player could do with a glass shelf in smoked grey and the logos on the NAT03 and S'Cap could do with refreshing and that red light on the TMS PSU really annoys me. Perhaps a new cover plate for the RMS TT shelf as well. But these are minor changes, to be done at leisure. Of course with the wrong speakers in the system and sources of dubious merit it sounds terrible.

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by hungryhalibut

Matty, when you take the picture on the phone or pad, select the private rather than public option, so you don’t need to add a caption. Once the picture is uploaded, if you press on it one of the options is copy link. I think it’s the bottom left of the various options. That’s the one to copy into the top of the boxes that you will get when you click the little mountain in the Forum reply box. I always use my pad to do it as I have never managed to get the mountain on the phone. I took the pictures at the beginning of the thread with an iPhone 8, which seems to have a better camera than my iPad mini 4. I mail  the pictures to myself and then save them to the iPad, and then upload to imgur. I’m sure there is an easier way, but it works for me. There is probably airdrop or something I don’t understand. I hope you find at least some of that vaguely helpful. 

Posted on: 18 December 2017 by Atherton

My system nestles discreetly in its customised shelving...