Music Room

audio1946Posted: 06 December 2017Last Updated: 06 December 2017
for the fans free downloads for 6 months ' AT NEIL YOUNG ACHIEVES this is a step forward of rip off downloads sudscription after 6 months
T38.45Posted: 04 December 2017Last Updated: 05 December 2017
Sure you read about it already, pretty cool!!! Listening now Young's Mirror Ball! YEAH:-) ....ask google for the link (it's 100% legal). mp3 or high-res available! ralf
james nPosted: 02 December 2017Last Updated: 03 December 2017
A new discovery for me thanks to the Music Room. I've really been enjoying New Lore and am wondering which album to try next. Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks James
kevin J CardenPosted: 16 November 2017Last Updated: 02 December 2017
I recently picked up a CD copy of Rattle/BPO’s Holst Planets in a charity shop. Very good. It struck me that although Rattle was with the BPO for a long time, I don’t have too many of their recordings. Anyone have any strong recommendations of performances I should investigate?
TOBYJUGPosted: 20 October 2017Last Updated: 02 December 2017
just gone 3am. those albums that seem to just make more sense when everything is tucked up tidy out of the way. Perhaps from the quality of the mains ? maybe that naughty boy coming out ? when the mind can really acquiesce ? or just truly relaxed and falling asleep ?
AndyP19Posted: 25 November 2017Last Updated: 01 December 2017
Just spent a rewarding hour editing Track 5 of Atom Heart Mother in Audacity. The track 'Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast' consists of roadie Alan Styles's mumbling away whilst cooking a fry - up mixed along with a nice three section instrumental from the band. The track is 13 minutes long and on most plays I stop the album after Fat Old Sun and very rarely give the last track a listen. I guess it is of it's time and probably sounded like a great idea.... So, opended up the flac track in...
joerandPosted: 27 November 2017Last Updated: 01 December 2017
Sure we get some good results, but I just don't see the need to take a single album and press it on two 180-gram LPs. No reason one 120- to 140-gram LP can't sound as good. I think it's all down to heft and the notion that the buyer is getting something more substantial with two fat LPs. My complaint is that modern vinyl albums, unnecessarily thick and expanded onto two LPs with a dual jacket, take effectively three-times the vertical space in my storage rack compared to a single,...
kevin J CardenPosted: 29 November 2017Last Updated: 29 November 2017
..most of these classic albums TV programs are pretty lame, but this one is interesting with some in-depth interviews with both Rog & Dave as well as a few interjections from Nick and Rick about the awkward ‘what do we do to follow the Dark Side’ album. Well worth a look for fans of the album/band.
PeetPosted: 24 November 2017Last Updated: 28 November 2017
25% at Naim Records https://www.naimaudio.com/news/24965/naim-records-black-friday-offer "At Naim Records we believe the three most important things in the world are enduring love, world peace and good music.So, no need to fight with the high street crowds - celebrate Black Friday and your love of good music, peacefully and from the comfort of your own home with a 25% discount* off any two purchases (CDs or Vinyl). "
kevin J CardenPosted: 25 November 2017Last Updated: 25 November 2017
... is essential viewing for anyone who cares about this band. As Andy Partridge himself says at the start of the program, most rockumentaries are cringingly poor. This is most definitely not.
ConsciousmessPosted: 09 November 2017Last Updated: 23 November 2017
Everyone’s got pieces or parts of music which does this. What’s yours?
Nick LeesPosted: 10 November 2017Last Updated: 19 November 2017
According to a Twitter source ECM are to start streaming their catalogue across all the major providers. If true, then Yippee! https://twitter.com/brucelevenstein/status/928730762366603269
J.N.Posted: 05 November 2017Last Updated: 19 November 2017
Worth a dedicated post I think. I've long loved the 1991 album by our Richard. Mitchell Froom unfortunately killed it in mastering with heavy application of the 'dull' knob - or that's what it sounds like on the CD. Enter this Mo-Fi remaster by Krieg Wunderlich on double 33 rpm vinyl. Aha! - life - at last. Not cheap; and allegedly limited to a print run of 3,000, but grande grande! John.
dayjayPosted: 18 November 2017Last Updated: 18 November 2017
the mighty AC/DC were part of the sound track of my teenage years and I was lucky enough to see them live several times. Sad to see another rock great pass away
Wugged WoyPosted: 01 October 2017Last Updated: 17 November 2017
'Official Bootleg Series' big box of Bob's 'I've found God' years stuff. Live sets from 80 and 81, studio outtakes, unreleased material and a DVD of a documentary about the Gospel period live tours. Loverly, juberly !! What joy ! Compulsary purchase. What ya waiting for ? It's available for pre-order (release 3rd October) from all well-known sellers. Look, it's Bob, it's previously unreleased stuff from one of his hottest periods (before his voice went down the pan....... ). Just DO IT. Nuff...
Jack From AdelaidePosted: 10 November 2017Last Updated: 10 November 2017
I am sure that many of you would have signed up to HDTRACKS to get information on their newest releases. If you are like me you will have clicked the first exciting link with your credit card in hand shaking with excitement that this piece you have always loved is now available in HD! Then like me you will have been crushed to see that "This music is not available for download in your country". I have kept these things coming in the hopes that one day I will be able to buy the music but it...
intothevoidPosted: 10 November 2017Last Updated: 10 November 2017
I'm looking to buy my first geetar and up for a challenge! I love Blues music and the distinctive sound of the resonator, so thinking of taking the plunge. Anyone have any advice for a complete novice? thx
lutyensPosted: 09 November 2017Last Updated: 09 November 2017
30 Days of Dead 2017 http://www.dead.net/30daysofdead/nov-1-2017 (Dear Mods, I have posted this link in previous years without upsetting anyone but if it does now then do of course remove.) enjoy!
nigelbPosted: 05 November 2017Last Updated: 09 November 2017
I am at the moment in discovery mode, listening to recommendations and interesting looking artists/albums on Tidal. It can be a bit hit and miss but I recon if you find one belter and a couple of decent albums in a discovery session then it has been a worthwhile adventure. You do occasionally have to listen to some dross to find your way to that illusive belter, but then you have that belter to enjoy endlessly from then on. This then got me thinking that I could have been listening to some...
Ardbeg10yPosted: 18 October 2017Last Updated: 09 November 2017
Almost in parallel with my journey in Naim Audio, I became a huge fan of the Symphonies of Tchaikovski. First time in my live that such music was sounding good in my living. I currently have the Karajan (Sym 1-6) and Mrawinski (Sym 4-5-6). I start to feel that I need to have some different recordings - preferably hi-res. Any suggestions for this? I could of course go to the hi-res download sites, and randomly pick one but I'm looking for recommendations.
tonymPosted: 28 October 2017Last Updated: 06 November 2017
Earlier in the year I met up with an old friend and colleague at an old boy's reunion. Back in the sixties and seventies we were both heavily into the same types of music, usually rock and progressive. He'd not played his vinyl collection for a while, so I suggested he might like to pop along to my place, bring his old LPs along, & we could have a good listening session. My friend brought a goodly supply of classic albums along yesterday, so we settled down for a good loud blast of...
SmithfirePosted: 02 November 2017Last Updated: 04 November 2017
Has anyone got a copy of the twin disk 45rpm version of "If you wait" by the above, and if so, how does it stand up sonically? Many thanks Clive
dave marshallPosted: 27 October 2017Last Updated: 03 November 2017
The Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols. Something of a game changer, a real breath of fresh air at the time, and still sounding great today .............. discuss.
notnaim manPosted: 22 October 2017Last Updated: 31 October 2017
As an opposite to my other post. My Way is a song that I don't particularly enjoy, whichever rendition is played. Then there are some songs are bettered, for me Joe Cocker was a singer who could bring out the best in a song. The entire album Sheffield Steel stands out. Way above this, for me, is his version of With a Little Help From My Friends. What would be anyone else's suggestion?
GraemeHPosted: 29 October 2017Last Updated: 29 October 2017
’fess up then. It’s ‘Bat out of Hell’ for us. It’s great car journey music but I have never ever sat down at home and thought “hmmm...time for a bit of MEATLOAF”. Even at dinner. G