Hi-Fi Corner

Joe PetrikPosted: 10 October 2000Last Updated: 14 October 2000
With all the FEPs being awarded and rescinded on the forum, maybe we should calibrate the scale so the points mean something.Although some components work together synergistically -- suggesting that FEPs awarded to individual components can be...
alexandre TaithePosted: 13 October 2000Last Updated: 13 October 2000
Hello, I have the possibility to buy in secondhand an Nap 140 (1988, old look) and an HIcap (1988, old look), for £290 each. It is not an audio shop which sells this material, but my naim dealer agrees to recapped those (?) for about £100...
Bob EdwardsPosted: 07 October 2000Last Updated: 12 October 2000
Gang--Got to listen (again) to the NAP500 at my favorite hifi shop today, and it was one of those (very few) times where you instantly know something amazing is happening musically. My dealer was running a CDS2/52 and either 135s or the 500 into ProAc...
LaxtonPosted: 10 October 2000Last Updated: 12 October 2000
Hello,I've read in a thread sometime ago that naim cases are actually constructed from the same theory as how mana stands works(don't know whether this was someone's hypothesis). So today, i decided to try to get that kind of bell like tone from the...
RicoPosted: 11 October 2000Last Updated: 12 October 2000
Yeo!Who stocks Digital Compact Cassettes in London? Any ideas how much they cost?Yeah I know there are probably -ve FEP's here, but it's not for me, ok? Rico - musichead
JohnPosted: 05 October 2000Last Updated: 11 October 2000
Well I thought I would write about some of my experiences.My wife has been away so I have had the chance to put in a dedicatedline, purchase a Mana two tier rack and test my CDX against myfriends CDSII. My system is a CDX/XPS, 82Super, 135's, SBLs.At...
Steve ShochetPosted: 05 October 2000Last Updated: 10 October 2000
Hello everyone,I have been thinking of upgrading my speakers. My system is CDX, 82/HC, 180 and Meadowlark Kestrel speakers. I have enjoyed the speakers, but feel I have outgrown them a bit. I would like to spend about $3000, and plan on checking out...
PPosted: 03 October 2000Last Updated: 10 October 2000
Hey Naim - it's getting worse!!!!Regards P. - whose discussion forum is always available - not liked, but always available!
Steve HallPosted: 10 October 2000Last Updated: 10 October 2000
I will be shortly be receiving my long awaited speaker replacements, with a pair of cherry SBL's arriving.Now, currently my ageing AE109's (oh to be rid) are placed about 1M from the walls of a bay window, which clears the actual shape of the bay. (If...
Eric BarryPosted: 08 October 2000Last Updated: 10 October 2000
With a 32-5/Snaps2 (recapped, dual railed)/140 (1988 vintage) which would be most cost-effective:Black Snaics (ca. $220?)72-boards ($175)Recap 140 ($325 from NANA)I'd appreciate all manner of improvement, but my main complaint about the system is that...
Dean LeroyPosted: 05 October 2000Last Updated: 10 October 2000
I was wondering if anyone had experience with Neat speakers at the end of a Naim system. I'm particularly interested in the the Elite or perhaps the Mystique. Any imput would be helpful. Best, Dean
Mike HansonPosted: 01 October 2000Last Updated: 09 October 2000
I was at the Toronto stereo show yesterday. Unfortunately Naim was not in attendance, but there was some other interesting stuff. Many of the rooms sounded "ok", although nothing blew me away consistently. A few of them sent me screaming.We listened...
Martin DPosted: 09 October 2000Last Updated: 09 October 2000
Does anyone out there, including naim, have any info on the demise or otherwise of analogue radio in the uk ? I have come across a s/h Nat02 but don't know what the future holds (who does for that matter !)I have read that analogue TV will end in a...
LightkeeperPosted: 09 October 2000Last Updated: 09 October 2000
Hi !Here in Croatia one eminent dealer advise all people that they should listen only classical music. Now, he have a hi-fi magazine in which he also advise that people should only listen classical. For me that is an apsurd thinking.He was doctor of...
Chris BellPosted: 07 October 2000Last Updated: 09 October 2000
Hello All, I am pleased to anounce the addition of a active six pack to my NBL based system. I have been unsuccesfull in the past with other active rigs, but from the first note I knew I was in heaven. The system is now very un-hi-fi. Notes simply...
NaheedPosted: 09 October 2000Last Updated: 09 October 2000
Anyone tried the Russ Andrews SNAIC leads ???A friend has tried/bought some and reckons they are an improvement.They have a full-on range with a nice naim logo as well !!!He paid £204 each for a 0.5m signal power and signal leads !!! (RIP ...
davidfPosted: 07 October 2000Last Updated: 08 October 2000
does anyone know if there are differences between canada`s eletric voltage and the usa`s. I just ordered an 82 from canada and I live in the usa.There won`t be any problems using this 82 I hope! Thanks in advance-david.
Arthur ByePosted: 07 October 2000Last Updated: 08 October 2000
The new Forum has been up and running for two months now. I think we've all had enough time to evaluate it in comparison to the old Forum. For myself, I am satisfied in that the Forum exists at all and would like to thank Naim for finding a way to...
JohnPosted: 28 September 2000Last Updated: 06 October 2000
I just had an electrician install a 15amp breaker. He wouldn't install a 20amp breaker without a specified 20amp recepticle. The 20amp recepticle would have two vertical prongs and 1 horizontal. This of course would cause me to change all my power...
Bas VPosted: 06 October 2000Last Updated: 06 October 2000
Anybody, help me out please!I currently own MA Studio 2's + Rel Stadium II.I bought the Rel for $1100 one year ago, and now I can sell it for the same price. I can buy an NAT-03 (I wan't a tuner!) + 2 x 5m NAC-A5 + Intro's for $950. Do you think this...
John SchmidtPosted: 06 October 2000Last Updated: 06 October 2000
I just noticed on e-Bay that London Audio, a former Naim dealer, is selling off their last 82 preamp. Bid as of 11 a.m. EST Oct 6 was about $US 1500, which strikes me as a bargain. Alas, not an option for me at the moment, but if you've been saving...
Arye_GurPosted: 01 October 2000Last Updated: 06 October 2000
Hi,There is a "rumor" I heard that the best outputout of a Naim system comes if all the components are Naim's.There are members here who are experts with Naim equipment and some of them auditioning manysystems as a hobby - so I wonder what is...
NaheedPosted: 24 September 2000Last Updated: 05 October 2000
Is it correct that when using the AV1 only rear loudspeakers are required (no side/centre,sub) ???Does the unit require a *cap p/supply ?naheed...
HammerheadPosted: 04 October 2000Last Updated: 05 October 2000
Does anyone have any experience in isolating speakers from the floor? The reason that I ask is because my current speakers (see profile) give out a fair bit of bass which you can feel through the (carpet over concrete) floor. I don't personally find...
Dean LeroyPosted: 02 October 2000Last Updated: 05 October 2000
Hi, Naim folks, I agree Naim makes wonderful stuff and Music. I've always admired Naim. Here I must admit to a little shame in this my first post to your fourm. My question is: Have any of you ever heard the obscure DNM line which I understand is...