Padded Cell

Phil SparksPosted: 15 December 2003Last Updated: 15 December 2003
Thinking about booking a short break away with my Wife and without kids (assuming I can persuade the parents in law to do the baby sitting duties). We've both always fancied seeing Prague in the spring. Can anyone recommend areas we should be looking...
HTKPosted: 12 December 2003Last Updated: 14 December 2003
Sorry if this has been covered before - this forum isn't the easiest place to search.Anyone got any tips in zapping those bloody irritating instant message like pop ups? I seem to be getting about 50 a day and any wisdom will be much ...
Thomas KPosted: 09 December 2003Last Updated: 13 December 2003
I'm using a Logitech OEM wheel mouse and W98. Is there any way of adjusting the wheel speed?I've checked the Logitech site for software, but my mouse model isn't listed.Thanks,Thomas
Tony LockhartPosted: 10 December 2003Last Updated: 13 December 2003
My bike will need its chain renewing soo. On the crank there is a sticker saying 'Use only Shimano IG chain'.Is there just one type of IG? Or are there loads of choices?Thanks,Tony
Berlin FritzPosted: 03 December 2003Last Updated: 12 December 2003
Absolutely I couldn't agree more, manners are really paramount in todays modern world, unfortunately most people seem totally unaware of them ? For instance when shooting down hang gliders floating over me property without permission with me shotgun,...
count.dPosted: 08 June 2003Last Updated: 12 December 2003
Having not been paid by an advertising agency the sum of £4,700.00 from Nov, Dec & Jan, I've had to engage the services of a solicitor to arrange a winding-up petition on the said company. This has cost me £750 and if the company does end up being wound-up, I'll probably lose the whole lot. Roll the dice... Are there any solicitor people out there who could throw some advice this way, or anyone in the know?
ChrisDPosted: 10 December 2003Last Updated: 12 December 2003
Hi everyone,At the moment im sharing the internet connection in my house via a hub with a pc in the loft connected to the internet and the other pcs in the house sharing the connection from this.i want to buy a broadband router to tidy things up a bit...
RobbiePosted: 04 December 2003Last Updated: 12 December 2003
Just bought Nosferatu,eine geschichte des grauens on DVD.Will arrive just before Christmass... Earlier I bought Henry,portrait of a serial killer 1 & 2 on DVD. Watched it yesterday evening, leaving me in a troubled state of mind. This movie is very realistic and depressing, but I like it. Any horror fans on this forum ? Rob.
ErikLPosted: 11 December 2003Last Updated: 12 December 2003
Something funny happened tonight. I was browsing the fresh produce section of my local grocer, comparing the prices of organic and genetically modified bananas, when a young supermarket employee came racing over to me, with wide eyes and a stupid...
cunningplanPosted: 11 December 2003Last Updated: 12 December 2003
Should make you snigger :-) Some of the finest double entendres on British TV & Radio : MICHAEL Buerk watching Phillipa Forrester cuddle up to a male astronomer for warmth during BBC1's UK eclipse coverage remarked: "They seem cold out there, they're rubbing each other and he's only come in his shorts. "Ken Brown commentating on golfer Nick Faldo and his caddie Fanny Sunnesonlining-up shots at the Scottish Open: "Some weeks Nick likes to use Fanny, other weeks he prefers to do it by himself.
maxwellspeedPosted: 26 October 2003Last Updated: 11 December 2003
I thought we could use a good wine thread so here goes.Artadi Vinas de Gane 1999 Riojanose: bright, vibrant cherry and raspberry; some dustiness and leather in the finish. mouth: cherry and raspberry into just a touch of leather; silky finish; reminds...
MichaelCPosted: 08 December 2003Last Updated: 10 December 2003
For all of those who have little ones running around you will understand. For all of you who don't, well, you can only begin to imagine.I got home this evening to find that my three year old had tried to climb the curtains in the living room. The end...
NeilMPosted: 04 December 2003Last Updated: 10 December 2003
Just received this message on e-mail. Cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information.The new electronic signs on the M6 were switched on this Tuesday. The bad news is that they are rigged with the SPECS speed cameras.This probably applies to all the...
throbnorthPosted: 08 December 2003Last Updated: 10 December 2003
Just thought I'd mention for the few Sky+ owners here that after almost a year of broken promises, Sky have finally released the software which enables you to record two programmes simultaneously whilst watching a third [previously recorded] programme. Your box may well be able to do it already [but you won't have noticed anything except maybe the fact it was mysteriously tuned to the welcome channel when you last switched on] - this is the way software updates occur,- by stealth. Try...
MichaelCPosted: 05 December 2003Last Updated: 09 December 2003
A (very) quick search failed to find a few recent comments re the new 5 series. I dropped my car off for a service at my local dealer on Thursday and had a good look at the new 5 series. Ouch - I really really tried to like the styling but ... it's...
garyiPosted: 09 December 2003Last Updated: 09 December 2003
Guys, my car stereo has gone wrong. All radio stations exhibit the same distortion that seems to be connected with the engine as the distortion gets quicker as a speed up. The stations themselves are perfect with the distortion over the top.I don't...
garyiPosted: 22 November 2003Last Updated: 09 December 2003
Guys today I finally ran out of patience with my epson. Yet another clean cycle required because the black was playing up.In fairness is has been a work horse this year printing I would guess in excess of 10 reams of paper.Never the less the software...
Jonathan HalesPosted: 07 December 2003Last Updated: 08 December 2003
Hi Mike,Finally got through Pegasus after working out the sequence of Panzerfausting the tanks, avoiding the infantry just within the time limit imposed. What a level!!I am now, as I understand from other gamers in the other 'level from hell' in...
DobbinPosted: 08 December 2003Last Updated: 08 December 2003
I have (after periodically checking bt.com) just found out that broadband adsl will be available on my exchange from 17/12. So no more 56k for me!Previously I've used demon as my ISP but don't think their adsl offering gives me what i need. I also...
max in hampshirePosted: 08 December 2003Last Updated: 08 December 2003
Ok I give up. Will one of you guys that suggested I use AVG as a result of my Norton AV post please tell me where I find it at download.com.I have looked repeatedly under all the likely headings, and put it in the search box at download.com all to no...
TomKPosted: 06 December 2003Last Updated: 08 December 2003
For the second time in 6 months my wife has been caught by speed cameras. Exactly the same place and speed (41 in a 30 limit). She was fined £60 last time. Does anybody have any idea what she should expect this time? She argues with a perfectly...
Simon MatthewsPosted: 08 December 2003Last Updated: 08 December 2003
I Just got back from giving the English Rugby team a cheer as they make their way through the centre of London. A broad cross section of people were giving the lads a tremendous reception and the volume of people who have turned up is phenominal....
GMLPosted: 06 December 2003Last Updated: 06 December 2003
Anyone else seen any meaningless crap?I recently saw this phrase on a bus,' Working together, making it happen 'and this on a lorry,' Taking care Seriously 'Where's all this bulls*"t coming from and how long will it last?
ErikLPosted: 04 December 2003Last Updated: 05 December 2003
I've been looking at those handy 2-way radios as a gift for my sister and brother-in-law. My problem is that I don't know which amongst the lower priced (2 mile range) ones are good- Motorola, Cobra, Uniden, Midland, etc? And what's the deal with...
John CPosted: 05 December 2003Last Updated: 05 December 2003
http://www.guardian.co.uk/cartoons/stevebell/0,7371,531835,00.htmlJohn