Padded Cell

ErikLPosted: 04 December 2003Last Updated: 05 December 2003
I was perusing Best Buy at lunchtime, and was drawn to the plasma/LCD TV area. Mmmmmm, neat.What's the difference between plasma and LCD?Are dead pixels a problem?Do the screens last more than a few years?When will the US have 16:9 for most TV...
Bob EdwardsPosted: 05 December 2003Last Updated: 05 December 2003
All--Recently met a couple of people who have been through the "Forum" by Landmark Education. The scholarly, legal, and critical reception that I've found is deafeningly negative. IMO, it appears to be warmed over Heidegger/Sartre mixed with Dale...
Tim JonesPosted: 02 December 2003Last Updated: 05 December 2003
My bird insisted on dragging me out to see an squawking, gobbling turkey of a film last night. I'll give you a clue - it stars Hugh Grant. "Love Actually" on one level manipulates the simplest sentiments of the audience, on another is just...
ejlPosted: 03 December 2003Last Updated: 04 December 2003
http://cbs11tv.com/investigations/local_story_330180036.htmlO.k., admittedly it was in Bush's home state of Texas, not Iraq. And it was a home-grown white supremacist group that built the WMD (along with having 100 other bombs and 500,000 rounds of...
Markus SPosted: 04 December 2003Last Updated: 04 December 2003
Read it here.
matthewrPosted: 03 December 2003Last Updated: 04 December 2003
A fascinating and disturbing insight into life in Guantanamo Bay from today's Guardian.A lengthy read but well worth it.http://www.guardian.co.uk/guantanamo/story/0,13743,1098604,00.htmlMatthew
Mike SaePosted: 03 December 2003Last Updated: 04 December 2003
fire away, m'lord...
MinkyPosted: 01 December 2003Last Updated: 03 December 2003
Inspired by the hot-dog horror on the "Culinary discovery" thread I though it was high time for a spot of culinary confession.Are you particularly fond of a special food combination, your own "secret recipe" that you can't tell other people about...
Berlin FritzPosted: 10 November 2003Last Updated: 03 December 2003
4:31 #23 Security²Next year (ALL) visitors to the US will be required to be photographed and fingerprinted before entry, I wonder if anybody has any comments on the subject ? After WWII the British Police requested that the wartime ID Cards be...
garyiPosted: 01 December 2003Last Updated: 03 December 2003
Let me tell you, these bloody numbers do not work. I phone up for apple customer services the other day, the number I got was for freeserve.Not long ago I phoned for a shop in watford and got one in Brighton.Who the hell thought this would be a good...
BLTPosted: 14 November 2003Last Updated: 02 December 2003
I'm completely fed up with double-glazing/kitchen/conservatory companies calling me at home to try and flog their wares. With some of these companies (i.e. Living Design) I have requested several times that they do not call me again - but to no avail....
Lo Fi SiPosted: 01 December 2003Last Updated: 01 December 2003
A mate at work has made it to the final of the UK riffathon (at least it beats the air guitar champs!) http://www.acm.ac.uk/riffathon/He has to play Custard Pie (drawn out of a hat) in front of Jimmy for the final.Simon
Roy TPosted: 01 December 2003Last Updated: 01 December 2003
It looks like FundRace are tracking just who pays the piper but will the tune change after the next election? I think it will be hard for any one group or movement to counter the inflow of money from all along the West Coast, Flordia and the NewYork...
Tim DanaherPosted: 28 November 2003Last Updated: 01 December 2003
One for all the cyclists...Rode the first club evening at our new national velodrome on Wednesday. The new track is amazing. Very fast, with amazingly steep banking...42 deg on the bends, 12 deg on the straights. It feels like riding the wall of...
Simon PerryPosted: 28 November 2003Last Updated: 01 December 2003
Saw my first one 'in the flesh' last night, parked outside my flat. Wow. Anyone considering the Mazda RX8 should seriously look at this car too. Has anyone here test driven one?regardsSimon
Kevin-WPosted: 25 November 2003Last Updated: 30 November 2003
I've always been nuts about Chinese and Japanese food, as well as French haute cuisine, but i've got another to add to the list.I have just got back from a break in Zanzibar and would like to share with you the wonders of its food. As one might...
count.dPosted: 28 November 2003Last Updated: 30 November 2003
I'm looking for some speakers for my PC. I recently bought the Logitech Z640, but took them back because they sounded trash.Are there any good 5.1 surround sound speakers out there for a budget of £200-£250?Thanks.
cunningplanPosted: 28 November 2003Last Updated: 30 November 2003
I've often wondered if taking your kids to work for the day would be of any benefit to them or you. I used to be against the idea but now I'm not sure!!
Rich JerskeyPosted: 26 October 2003Last Updated: 30 November 2003
Okay, here they are for me (not counting Classical). What about you?in no particular order:.......Jeff Beck Group with Rod Stewart (Rod's first gig in USA) at Hunter College, NYC late 60'sPharoah Sanders and Leon Thomas in a small club in S.F. 1974The...
redeyePosted: 05 October 2003Last Updated: 29 November 2003
Less than a week to go This thread should give the English members of the forum a chance to 'bang on' about how wonderful their team is before the All Blacks have to burst the bubble by soundly kicking England's bum Any Australians on this forum??red
DAVOhornPosted: 24 November 2003Last Updated: 29 November 2003
Dear All,i hope somebody can give me advice on how to stop SPAM.180 spam e mails today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I do not frequent sites of a dubious nature nor do i purchase life enhancing drugs or patches etc etc.I access my emails via mail2web.com but this...
Kevin-WPosted: 28 November 2003Last Updated: 28 November 2003
Hello everybody peepsSo what do you want for Xmas then?I want Peace On Earth and Goodwill To All Men, An End To Hunger and the retirement of Sting. And an iPod.Kevin
throbnorthPosted: 25 November 2003Last Updated: 28 November 2003
I seem to have accumulated quite a large assortment of mp3's, through hardly any fault of my own. If I'd really been going for it, heaven knows how many I'd have. As it is, they amount to quite a few gigabytes. At the moment they hang out in 'My...
Kevin-WPosted: 26 November 2003Last Updated: 28 November 2003
Does anyone here hate David Blunkett as much as I do? He is surely the worst Home Secretary in living memory (no mean feat as this would include Drac himself, Michael Howard).I am sick to the back teeth of his macho bluster and his pitiful efforts to...
SpockPosted: 26 November 2003Last Updated: 28 November 2003
I’ve just purchased an interactive story telling bear for one of my kids for Xmas. To save the hassle on Xmas day I thought I’d open it, stick the batteries in the bear and the handset and then shove it back in the box, job done.However...