Home Theatre

General SkankyPosted: 01 June 2005Last Updated: 03 June 2005
How long a run is feasible from the AV2 to XLR connections for my active speakers pelase?I ask as my original lead introduces loud hum on the spekaers on the 10m run. The 5m run is fine.It was ok when it was RCA to XLR.I suspect it's the cable,...
CjonesPosted: 31 May 2005Last Updated: 02 June 2005
With the current config, I need a really skinny center channel speaker. Does anyone have any recommendations?
PatGPosted: 30 May 2005Last Updated: 31 May 2005
HelloI am performing a permanent installation of a projector and am considering the connections to the DVD player. Both will have HDMI connections.The DVD playre will be at the other end of a 23 foot room and the projector will be ceiling mounted. and...
niceguy235ukPosted: 30 May 2005Last Updated: 30 May 2005
Being fairly new to the 'Hi-Fi' game (about a year) i was just interested ti know what peoples ideas of running in etc were?What is it that improves with use? What exactley is use? Just being left on or actually being used i.e playing a dvd or cd?Your...
djorgPosted: 12 May 2005Last Updated: 29 May 2005
Pics of your AV system.specific room or not ?
niceguy235ukPosted: 28 May 2005Last Updated: 28 May 2005
So then.... whilst this is only an enquiry and ,no, i havent heard either of them in action yet. I have to say im in favour of the Naim as im running a DVD5, CD5 & FC2X and the sound is great. Bearing in mind they all run through an Arcam AVR300 and im sure they would all sound a lot better through an all Naim system. Anyone have any opinions????????
Neill FergusonPosted: 18 May 2005Last Updated: 27 May 2005
Dear Naim I am looking to have the firmware on my AV2 updated. I was told that your local dealer can do this. I have asked Loud and Clear in Scotland if they can do this and was told no. Are there any dealers who can do this in Scotland or does the...
karybouePosted: 20 March 2005Last Updated: 26 May 2005
I wanted to watch a movie tonight, and the player refused to give me an image on RGBHV but it works on scart.I noticed this afternoon, when I turned it on to listen to a CD that on the display it was writen W-BOR or something like that. I hope it is...
Peter GearPosted: 20 April 2005Last Updated: 25 May 2005
or wait?I have bought all my Naim from the same dealer and have had for 10 years or more an excellent relationship. I'm now in the market for an AV add on and have pretty much made up my mind on the AV2/175/n sats/centre route. Not sure about the DVD5...
Roy DonaldsonPosted: 14 May 2005Last Updated: 24 May 2005
Hi there,So, if I'm playing my AV2 at a volume level of 60 into a 140 power amp, then 4Ohm speakers, what effective percentage of the amps power am I putting out into the speakers ?I'm wondering how much there is left in them, dependant on the AV2...
cchua1Posted: 13 May 2005Last Updated: 20 May 2005
I'm a satisfied owner of DVD5. Most DVDs look great in my Pioneer PDP505 plasma. However, satellite TV through my Astro produces a picture that truly sucks (patchy). Have been asking around for an external scaler that can solve the problem and further...
Reginald HallidayPosted: 05 May 2005Last Updated: 20 May 2005
I currently use 'bog standard' co-ax cable into my digibox. I recently saw, in one of the glossies, someone (not sure who but it may have been QED) advertising a terminated length of co-ax à la 'proper' interconnect.Does anyone have any...
jtwurthPosted: 16 May 2005Last Updated: 19 May 2005
I have a Denon 3805 for my home theater. I use a Nait5i to power my front channels (Polk LSi 15s). When I listen to music I don't use the Denon and there is no hum. I only get the hum when I power on the Denon. And it does not matter if I'm watching...
mreiPosted: 06 May 2005Last Updated: 17 May 2005
Hello I have an AV2. After some tests, I consider to sell my NAC 112 and use only the AV2 as my preamp also for Stereo. (Perhaps, I will go back to a real Stereo system, in when I have some money again to afford a NAC 202 or 282 ;-))But for the Moment...
Graham RussellPosted: 14 May 2005Last Updated: 15 May 2005
I'me still running in my new CDX2, 202, 200 and I thought I'd reconnect my home cinema kit:Pioneer 656A DVD playerYamaha E800 processorI think I've got an earth loop causing severe mains hum when I select the AV input on the 202.I'll try and describe...
david rPosted: 06 May 2005Last Updated: 14 May 2005
I am not familiar with this model and I cannot find the details on the site. I was thinking of buying a couple of second hand ones for my HT set up to power SF Walls and Solo centre. Any comments and advice would be apreciated
Don AtkinsonPosted: 04 May 2005Last Updated: 13 May 2005
Sharpe XV-Z Projector.Still thinking about home cinema and in particular the visual part.Based on what I saw at the Bristol Show, I have decided that a DLP projector is what I would find most satisfying.The least-cost projector that gave a good...
iiyamaPosted: 06 May 2005Last Updated: 08 May 2005
Im thinking of buying the Denon 2805 av amp which i will run via my 282 and credos.What centre speaker should i consider to pair with the credos? I will also need some rears, these would have to be wall mountable and small due to living in a terrace...
jason.gPosted: 21 February 2005Last Updated: 07 May 2005
i keep looking at my home cinema set up and thinking of ways to reduce the amount of boxes. i dont know wether to buy a dvd recorder and get rid of my video, or buy a dvd with HDD built in and get rid of my perfectly god dvd player and video, freeview...
Neil BennettPosted: 07 May 2005Last Updated: 07 May 2005
I've heard rumours that this is 26": does anyone know if this is definitely true? (It's a factor in selecting a new LCD for the living room)!Neil
niceguy235ukPosted: 04 May 2005Last Updated: 06 May 2005
On imminent arrival of my dvd5 (maybe?) any suggestions on coax digital connection between the player and receiver? Im currently running an Atlas but im sure there must be something better.
CjonesPosted: 05 May 2005Last Updated: 05 May 2005
Just wondering, now that I have a couple sources, I need to switch from output mode depending on source. What are your experiences with auto? Do you find that it does not always pick the "right" one?
olgoatPosted: 02 May 2005Last Updated: 04 May 2005
AllBrand new to the forum and would appreciate any comments. I currently have an "largely" Linn system (AV5103 into LK85's actively biamping Ninkas and a 5120 center. Lk100 passive into Tukans for surrounds. LP12/Ittok/Aurum BetaS with Monolithic...
Nuno BaptistaPosted: 24 April 2005Last Updated: 03 May 2005
Recently,I was at a friendīs house.He has bought a new video projector,and we start to see a movie.Itīs really amazing the quality of image,watch the movie on a big ecran!I start to think think itīs better to buy a video projector rather than a...
Jean-DenisPosted: 02 May 2005Last Updated: 03 May 2005
Hello all,I am new on this site and I have few questions, because I am considering the DVD5 as a DVD/CD player... Could you please give me your advises?I have currently an Onkyo TX-DS989 amplifier and a JM Lab Cobalt 5.1 speakers system.I am...