Music Room

John CPosted: 04 March 2001Last Updated: 04 March 2001
Music of this week was the Dave Holland Octet live at QE Hall on Southbank. In addition to the regular quintet Canada's finest Kenny Wheeler on trumpet and flugelhorn, Antonio Hart on Alto Sax and the very fine Gary Smullyen on Baritone Sax (great...
BoshPosted: 02 March 2001Last Updated: 02 March 2001
Nice to hear what rock software was being used to feed the 500s and new stuff at BristolNot been to a Naim attended show for some years but used to find it useful to look though their music collectionsAny recommendations chaps??
Uwe SupperPosted: 01 March 2001Last Updated: 01 March 2001
Anna, Paul,how about some special naim offers for a certain number of CDs (top five?) from time to time? **** in Scotland did this, at 10
Simon JenkinsPosted: 28 February 2001Last Updated: 28 February 2001
To all you Dutch people out there. After having recently moved to Utrecht can any of you advise where I can find a good source of new and used Vinyl, either in Utrecht or Amsterdam ?Many thanks to anyone who can help.Simon
Anna ToothPosted: 27 February 2001Last Updated: 28 February 2001
We have a brand new disc in our ever growing catalogue of CDs. It's called H2C by Foo Foo and The Boy. Anyone in the bar area of the Bristol Marriott at 1pm and 3pm over the weekend of the show will have seen them play live. People commented that they...
Paul StephensonPosted: 20 February 2001Last Updated: 28 February 2001
JUST GOT THE LATEST GIG LST FROM ANTONIO'S MANAGEMENT.1 March - LONDON, The Vortex, N16 (Trio) Tel: 020 7254 65167 March - Burnley Mechanics, Lancs - solo performance (01282 664400)8/9 March - FRANKFURT Music Fair, Acoustic Village (solo)15 March -...
John CPosted: 25 February 2001Last Updated: 25 February 2001
I'll try to resurrect this thread but as a new stand has been revealed and as my last two music posts have been ignored....Jazz in Paris a series of 50 odd CDs of jazz with the theme recorded in Paris(surprisingly).I bought mine in Paris on recent...
Bob EdwardsPosted: 18 February 2001Last Updated: 24 February 2001
Hey all--Anyone else like Terje Rypdal ? He records on the ECM label and does what I would try to describe as sparse soundscapes puntuated by some great guitar playing. I have "Blue", "The Singles Collection" and "Skywards."Any other fans who can...
RicoPosted: 19 February 2001Last Updated: 23 February 2001
Are you guys all still recovering from xmas/newyear expenditure, or has this MOTW thread thang died a death?When I get all my recent purchases sorted/listened to, I'll post some here.... surely we've not let the record industry collapse - I mean come...
Andrew RandlePosted: 22 February 2001Last Updated: 22 February 2001
Good to see Steely Dan getting the top Grammy (among 3 others) for Album of the Year.Rather ironic that Eminem got berated for many things including lyrics about incest and Steely Dan got an pop song award for "Cousin Dupree".Congratulations also go...
John CPosted: 15 January 2001Last Updated: 19 February 2001
As music of the week has disappearedNew Directions.. New Directions A reworking of Blue note classics from 60s (Blow Up theme, Sidewinder, Song for my father etc) featuring their young guns Greg Osby, Jason moran etc.I was initially somewhat leary as...
Andrew RandlePosted: 16 February 2001Last Updated: 18 February 2001
Here's me hoping that Naim would be able to re-release great music on CD that has previously been deleted.I'm particularly thinking of T-Bone Burnett's "Proof Throught the Night". Don't know the costs involved though.By the way was Naim ever...
philip rubinPosted: 10 December 2000Last Updated: 17 February 2001
I currently listen to a lot of Jazz but mostly limited to artists and recordings of the 50's, 60's and 70's (mostly fusion). I listen to many of the Blue Note, Verve and Impulse recordings including the likes of Miles, Coltrane, Herbie Hancock(awesome...
BrianDPosted: 12 February 2001Last Updated: 16 February 2001
AllMy daughter has heard a track on VH1 by someone called 'Karel Fialka'. The track is called 'Hey Matthew'. By searching on the 'net I've found that this is on an album called 'Human Animal'. It's her birthday next month and I want to buy it for her...
CheesePosted: 15 February 2001Last Updated: 15 February 2001
Hi,I've been searching for 15 years now for a live recording of Sviatoslav Richter, recorded at his Carnegie Hall debut in 1960. Two records were issued at the time, one with several romantic composers, the other one with the Beethoven Appassionata -...
Bob EdwardsPosted: 10 February 2001Last Updated: 13 February 2001
All--Given the interest in both Naim hardware and software, I thought it might be fun to offer the Naim label some suggestions as to what performers to go after.My first suggestion would be Bob Mould--his music is brilliant but none of his recordings...
John CPosted: 12 February 2001Last Updated: 12 February 2001
Im going to suggest www.proper-records.co.uk again especially for anyone interested in 30,40,50s jazz. This label produces fantastic value box sets, 4 CDs for £14.99! Some of the titles are Coleman Hawkins, Lionel Hampton, Early Miles Davis,...
Martin DPosted: 08 February 2001Last Updated: 11 February 2001
HelpI'm not a big classical fan but a good friend of mine is. Its his big 4oth soon and need some hints for a gift. Had a browse through some of his stuff and it seems something like Moussorgsky, Rimsky-Korsakoff, Orff, Borodin is what i'm after. Any...
Bob EdwardsPosted: 11 February 2001Last Updated: 11 February 2001
All--I was searching the web for 3 particular CDs that have been hard to find and come across a site where I found all 3 in 2 minutes. It is called MusicStack--I haven't seen it referenced here, so thought I would post it.URL is www.musicstack.comHope...
Paul StephensonPosted: 06 February 2001Last Updated: 10 February 2001
Thea Gilmore is playing in Salisbury 15th Feb if your in the area. 8pm Salisbury Arts center. [This message was edited by Paul Stephenson on WEDNESDAY 07 February 2001 at 07:34.] [This message was edited by Paul Stephenson on WEDNESDAY 07 February 2001 at 14:58.]
Bob EdwardsPosted: 06 February 2001Last Updated: 09 February 2001
Hey all--These are two albums by Lyle Lovett that my wife and I enjoy greatly. Both are great combinations of very witty and moving songs coupled with great recording quality.Step Inside This House is a double CD of Lyle performing covers. They range...
woodfacePosted: 30 January 2001Last Updated: 08 February 2001
The new album by the above artist, 'Heatbreaker', is an absolute cracker. I suggest you all go and buy it.
woodfacePosted: 26 January 2001Last Updated: 07 February 2001
I attempted to buy 'Fred Simon' - Dreamhouse CD today! The e-store is an absolute nightmare!! I hate to say but, Linns site is so much easier to use even if there is nothing worth buying. Where else can I locate this CD?
Anna ToothPosted: 06 February 2001Last Updated: 07 February 2001
We have just been notified in recognition of our equipment being used during the recording of "Drawn from Memory" the band have very kindly given us a gold disc.
HammerheadPosted: 28 September 2000Last Updated: 06 February 2001
Just tap in your date of birth at this siteBenny Hill was No 1 with 'Ernie, the Fastest Milkman in the West' when I appeared.Cool or what! Steve(From 1952 onwards - UK charts)