Hi-Fi Corner

Greg BeattyPosted: 01 September 2000Last Updated: 03 September 2000
OK - I've been fiddling around with my setup this week (CD3/72/hicap/140/ProAcs) and - ended up back where I started But...in trying various things, I moved the speakers around a bit. I would place the speaker/spiked Atlantis stand in a location and...
hifidaddyPosted: 30 August 2000Last Updated: 02 September 2000
I read on the Lavardin site http://www.lavardin.com, that Paul Messenger actually prefers Lavardin amplification to Naim amplification now. There are some remarks in Hifiplus and also in What Hifi about it.Did anybody else compare Naim and Lavardin...
JebPosted: 01 September 2000Last Updated: 02 September 2000
Is it possible to adjust the passive crossovers on my SBLs? I would like to add more bass before I go and buy a Sub.If it can be done, how?srf
mark dunsfordPosted: 01 September 2000Last Updated: 01 September 2000
Isobarik (my similar problem) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------I have some oldish Isobariks but suffer from excess loose lower bass which tends to drown out the midrange. Ideally I'd like more mid range...
peteSPosted: 08 August 2000Last Updated: 31 August 2000
When I was moving my kit around this evening, I noticed a strange thing. If I turned the 250 on before the HiCap, I got a pretty noisy mains hum from the speakers. When I turn on the HiCap this goes away, dropping down to a very quite hiss. I've...
Jon MoxonPosted: 31 August 2000Last Updated: 31 August 2000
Bit of a vague question this one, but hope you all understand.We're all aware of the potential dangers of using cables other than NACA5 with Naim amps.Let's assume for the sake of the argument that one of the small transistors blows up in a Nait3, and...
Simon JenkinsPosted: 29 August 2000Last Updated: 31 August 2000
Looking at the earlier thread I thought I would post another what next, just to see peoples views.Current system :72/180, LP12 ( with cirkus),Ekos,Lingo Dynavevtor 17d2, Linn Index II. CD5 on order ( see my earlier thread on delivery times).Proposed...
JebPosted: 30 August 2000Last Updated: 30 August 2000
Is Ears Nova in New York, USA still a Naim dealer?
Ian PPosted: 21 August 2000Last Updated: 30 August 2000
Having just opted to upgrade my 82 to a 52, rather than upgrade my CDX to CDS2 (which I'm sure many would have advocated!) due to worries about impending new formats, I'm now wondering how others feel.So, are you holding back on a CDP upgrade right...
JohnPosted: 29 August 2000Last Updated: 30 August 2000
Can someone please clarify what I am looking for. I want to setup a dedicated curcuit for my system. I have talked to some electricians about how to do this but am having trouble. My home has the typical electrical meter from the electrical company...
mr saucissonPosted: 30 August 2000Last Updated: 30 August 2000
Has anyone heard the new rega phono stage? It is about £200. Any thoughts, especially in context of a P25/Super Elys would be appreciated. On a similar note has anyone heard/can confirm/deny the rumour that the P9 power supply or a similar thing...
EdotPosted: 26 August 2000Last Updated: 30 August 2000
A recent move finds me with my Naim kit (102,hi,180,cdx)in storage and me on the other coast musicless. I'm thinking a quick fix would be to pick up a mini system. What were the model #s of the JVCs that a few found acceptable on the old forum? J&R in...
Simon JenkinsPosted: 29 August 2000Last Updated: 29 August 2000
Anybody else out there been waiting a long time for their CD5 or any other series 5 components.Been waiting 7 weeks so far and still no sign, even counting the summer shutdown this is still a bit excessive.I would have hoped that Naim would have...
JohnPosted: 27 August 2000Last Updated: 28 August 2000
I must be stupid, I can't figure out how to record out on my 82. The instruction book doesn't talk about to do this other than talking about the record buttons on the front panel. I have a DIN, RCA converter and have tried plugging it in the input...
TristramPosted: 23 August 2000Last Updated: 28 August 2000
So what does a person with a pile of Naim gear do when he gets in the car? My car is coming equipped with a Harmon-Kardon system, which does not seem to be up to par. What do you guys use in your cars?
Jon MoxonPosted: 27 August 2000Last Updated: 27 August 2000
Quick question: if I take the phono boards out of my Nait3, do I need straight through boards for input 1 to work with line level sources? Can't remember if the installation required wires to be cut or not. TIA JonM [This message was edited by JonM on SUNDAY 27 August 2000 at 13:36.]
Don BraidPosted: 19 August 2000Last Updated: 27 August 2000
My wife and I invited a friend to look after our house while we were on holiday, and this fellow, a sane person (non-audiophile), defied my instructions to turn off only the 250 when thunderstorms loomed. He also powered down the Supercap every time a...
Tony LockhartPosted: 24 August 2000Last Updated: 26 August 2000
I'm about to take the plunge and buy a cheapy turn-table. For convenience I think a phono board for my 102 would be the wise choice. How much are these, including fitting?
Tony LockhartPosted: 24 August 2000Last Updated: 25 August 2000
Sometime before the end of the year I'm going to win a double roll-over on the lottery. So I was wondering what would be the perfect listening room for a DBL/six pack set-up. Yours hopefully, Tony
rpPosted: 17 August 2000Last Updated: 25 August 2000
Hello,I'd appreciate any advice on a new cartridge. The system is a Linn Axis/Akito/K18-2/102/Hicap/250/Spendor SP1-2/Naim and Chord wire. I was thinking of a Dynavector 10X4-2 but would consider a 23RS-2 if I knew that it would work equally well in...
Simon JenkinsPosted: 23 August 2000Last Updated: 24 August 2000
Hello all.I am new to the Forum, but have been reading for the last week or so.My current system consists of a 72/180, LP12 with Lingo, Ekos and Dynavector 17d2, and a pair of Linn Index II's, wired up with NACA5 and a black snaic. Due to add a CD5 as...
guy bateyPosted: 24 August 2000Last Updated: 24 August 2000
Just spotted a cheap as new condition Nac62. What do people think of buying this plus a smilar good condition s/h Nap140 or similar, as opposed to buying a new Nait 5 for around the same money? This would be my first Naim foray...
scott rossPosted: 22 August 2000Last Updated: 23 August 2000
Does anyone on the Forum have experience with the new Quad ESL 989 speakers fed by Naim gear? I have ESL 63 US Monitors, which I like very much, but would also like to have better bass. If anyone has heard the 989's, perhaps they could comment as to...
Mike ColePosted: 21 August 2000Last Updated: 21 August 2000
I just ordered a new set of Naim NACA5 cables since I will be moving my electronics into a closet. I just received them and they are different from the cables I previously had (also NACA5). The older cables had a smooth jacket whereas the new cables...
david skinnerPosted: 21 August 2000Last Updated: 21 August 2000
My system is: RockTT/OriginLiveRB250/DenonDL304/32.5(pulled+72boards+latest spec.phono 'K's)/MyCap/90/Kan1/Black Snaic/new A5.CD is a budget Rotel originally purchased to enable my wife to access new music.I'm deliberating over an amp upgrade from...