Home Theatre

JayPosted: 01 May 2005Last Updated: 02 May 2005
Fairly simple question here. Can a 175 power a Naim pre?
Neil BennettPosted: 13 April 2005Last Updated: 29 April 2005
I'm in the process of upgrading my AVR setup gradually and am interested in people's views of what the priority should be.It's currently a 10-year old Nokia 28" widescreen CRT TV, an Arcam DV88 DVD, Onkyo 696 receiver, Axess centre and N-Sats on their...
CjonesPosted: 19 April 2005Last Updated: 28 April 2005
Need a little hlep from anyone with a Esoteric Dv50. The multi player has dedicated two channels outputs (rca and XLR), seperate 5 channel outs for SACD and DVD-A. It also has a dedicated digital audio out and a mess of video bits, not important to...
karybouePosted: 17 April 2005Last Updated: 26 April 2005
My TV is dying (I can't believe how unlucky I am this year).So I am about to buy a Plasma. But I don't know anything about DVI.Can I buy any plasma having a DVI-HDCP input or do I have to check for frequency rates or anything else ?
niceguy235ukPosted: 24 April 2005Last Updated: 26 April 2005
i have just taken the plunge and opted to buy a dvd5. so why is my dealer telling me its a 2 week wait? anyone else having the same delay???
mart hPosted: 30 January 2005Last Updated: 22 April 2005
Hello there,I am having a cable/speaker problem....I have my Naim hi fi system and a stand alone NAD Home Theatre system that share the same set of front speakers via two sets of speaker cable. Currently when I listen to the hi fi, I unplug the...
HiDefBobPosted: 16 April 2005Last Updated: 18 April 2005
Below are the links to pages 1 & 2 of a very positive review from HiFi News of the DVD5. Quoting from the review, "the DVD5 makes for quite the best DVD transport that we have heard" and "The reborn DVD5 offers crisp, articulate and punchy-sounding music, detailed and contrast-rich pictures with an atmospheric 5.1 channel sound". NOTE - This is a link to the HiFi Centre web site where this review is posted. http://www.hificentre.com/imag...02005%20page%201.pdf...
graham55Posted: 15 April 2005Last Updated: 18 April 2005
Anyone out there using an AV1? I picked up an ex-dem unit from my dealer recently. It does wonders for rear sound (with a 250) in my audio only setup. My one concern is that I only ever get a single green segment in the display for each channel, other...
Ron BrinsdonPosted: 24 February 2005Last Updated: 16 April 2005
Following a house move and looking for a slim TV to replace an ageing CRT, we found this model in our local Comet store. We are not into movies in any way and only watch the occasional DVD so are not after "state of the art" or the AV equivalent of a...
Obsessed1Posted: 07 April 2005Last Updated: 14 April 2005
Is anyone out there in Naim land knowledgeable enough to rank the quality of current Plasma TV's from Panasonic, NEC, Pioneer and any other major name? (In other words, who makes the best plasma TV?)Viewing would be 60% digital TV, 40% DVD.I would...
Le ChefPosted: 09 March 2005Last Updated: 13 April 2005
I have just about enough money to buy a CDX2 and a cheap DVD player. Or...I could buy a DVD5 and get both CD and DVD in one box.So how good is the sound of the DVD5 compared to say the CD5X and the CDX2?Whic option would you go for? Or is there...
Roy DonaldsonPosted: 08 April 2005Last Updated: 13 April 2005
Hi there,Anyone know what the cutoff frequency is if I set speakers, primarily front and center, to the Small setting ? ie. below what frequency is then routed to the LFE channel ?Thanks,Roy.
niceguy235ukPosted: 06 April 2005Last Updated: 13 April 2005
Hi.Looking to upgrade my current av setup with name but im a little confused as to what i need.im aware of the NAPV175 for three channel and NAP 150 for the back surround but what preamp/amp do i use for the fronts? do i use the av2 or the nait5i?
ec928Posted: 12 April 2005Last Updated: 12 April 2005
Hi Guys,I am more on NAIM's hi-fi side, but am getting interest into the AV part. I am currently using a Onkyo 989 as AV processor running 7.1. I understand if i run 7.1 with my current Naim Stereo System, i will need to get an AV2+150+175. Have you...
woodyPosted: 23 January 2005Last Updated: 07 April 2005
Hi,I have the front L/R preouts of my Rotel AV processor connected to my Nait's AV input (in addition to loads of other cables obviously!). The hifi kit (incl. DVD player) is plugged into one mains wall socket and the TV and VCR are into an adjacent...
Michael JonesPosted: 06 April 2005Last Updated: 06 April 2005
Is it possible to hook up a pair of N sats as sattelite speakers to my home Pc?
artistPosted: 10 March 2005Last Updated: 05 April 2005
I have amassed a collection of remote controls it is getting out of hand i need one control to cover everything(one for all look cheap)it heeds to be able to control sky+
karybouePosted: 25 March 2005Last Updated: 04 April 2005
I have my dealer's player and same thing in RGBHV ... but after 2 days this time.The difference is that in Scart it doesn't even work
mburchPosted: 06 March 2005Last Updated: 31 March 2005
Can anyone suggest rear speakers for on wall, preferably in wall, toneally matched use with Naim SBLs Left and Right and an active Linn AV5120 centre?
Audio VisionaryPosted: 28 March 2005Last Updated: 30 March 2005
Hello Salisbury,It is Tuesday in England and on Thursday I am going to the Festival du Son in Montreal. We have had our AV2 about a year now and would like to know when the upgraded firmware will be available and if we as dealers can do it ourselves...
domfjbrownPosted: 09 March 2005Last Updated: 29 March 2005
...have they gone bust? Their URL seems to be dead...Just curious as I'm wandering what their current prices on mid-price Pioneer DVD is (I'll never fork out top dollar for a DVD player like the Naim DVD5 as music's more important to me).My Pioneer...
Neill FergusonPosted: 25 March 2005Last Updated: 25 March 2005
Help Well I finally got to hear and see one thats a DVD5. I have to say picture was very good, it was run through the DVI output to a sim2 projector. The sound was very detailed although no sub was being used. It really felt like it had cinematic...
slimPosted: 22 March 2005Last Updated: 25 March 2005
just trying right now a 2.1 n-sat system with the n-sub, it really does some remarkable things. My friend is looking to hear the system in the Bradford area any ideas where?
Nick_SPosted: 22 February 2005Last Updated: 24 March 2005
A couple of questions about NSats (I'm interested in 2-channel HiFi use). Is there a picture of the wallmount bracket for the NSats loudspeaker anywhere? Are these wallmounts available yet? and how does the sound of the loudspeaker on these compare to...
cabinerPosted: 23 March 2005Last Updated: 24 March 2005
In the Hi-Fi Forum I been asking about the sound quality and sonic impact of moving up the 'chain' CD5i-CD5x-CDX2.... Today a Mtl. dealer told me today about the DVD5. From what I've read on this Forum it would seem that the sound quality of CDs...